ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 31
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:50 AM 03-29-2021
For all we know, they are going to have Niang play LT and Remmers at RT. Remmers did say he signed to be the starting right tackle.

We simply have no idea what they intend to do. Did you see them signing Reed at this time yesterday, considering the need at DE over DT?
[Reply]
O.city 09:04 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
For all we know, they are going to have Niang play LT and Remmers at RT. Remmers did say he signed to be the starting right tackle.

We simply have no idea what they intend to do. Did you see them signing Reed at this time yesterday, considering the need at DE over DT?
Definitely not.

But them going hard after T. Williams means they seem to think the same as we do about LT.

Middlekauf is pretty plugged in with Veach and Reid. On his last pod talked like the Chiefs were pretty enamored with this LT class.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:09 AM 03-29-2021
Stupid teams doing things stupid teams do. That’s how we get a good LT there at 31.

Joe Burrow is reportedly pushing the Bengals to reunite him with LSU teammate Ja’Marr Chase, per @AlbertBreer

This offense would be stacked 🔥 pic.twitter.com/z0xvhXA2w5

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) March 29, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 09:11 AM 03-29-2021
They have Jonah Williams. Why would they take Sewell?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:12 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Definitely not.

But them going hard after T. Williams means they seem to think the same as we do about LT.

Middlekauf is pretty plugged in with Veach and Reid. On his last pod talked like the Chiefs were pretty enamored with this LT class.
They went after Williams because they wanted Williams. Obviously LT is a position of need but notice that after Williams, they've pursued basically nobody.

Of course they're enamored with this LT class, everybody is. That doesn't mean they're enamored with same specific players we are.

This entire offseason has been Veach zagging when most people expected him to zig. At this point, I almost expect there to be a mixture of surprise and dismay on draft day.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:14 AM 03-29-2021
They have Jonah Williams. Why would they take Sewell?
Because he isn’t very good, Sewell is a generational LT prospect and Williams has been hurt 3 times in his 2 year career, two of them being on IR
[Reply]
O.city 09:16 AM 03-29-2021
They went after Williams because they wanted Williams. Obviously LT is a position of need but notice that after Williams, they've pursued basically nobody.

Of course they're enamored with this LT class, everybody is. That doesn't mean they're enamored with same specific players we are.

This entire offseason has been Veach zagging when most people expected him to zig. At this point, I almost expect there to be a mixture of surprise and dismay on draft day.
They've pursued no one because there isn't anyone else to pursue. Okung is hurt all the time and isn't dependable. He's fine for a emergency only type thing, but other than that, there isn't shit out there.

So, yeah, they're pretty much locked in to take a LT early in the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Because he isn’t very good, Sewell is a generational LT prospect and Williams has been hurt 3 times in his 2 year career, two of them being on IR
Maybe.

But I'd say Chase is the same?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:20 AM 03-29-2021
Honestly if they don’t take Sewell I’d get Kyle Pitts assuming he’s still there
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:05 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Brought to you by the creator of the thread “Talk me out of trading up for Kwity Paye.”
Ahhhhh, it seems our good friend Pesty is The Guy Who Says He Read The Article But Only Read The Headline:

Originally Posted by :
According to Nate Taylor, the Chiefs are still in the hunt to bolster their left tackle and wide receiver holes in free agency.

Which is all fine and good, but doesn’t that make DE the largest remaining hole, if they stay true to that?
The Chiefs have not stayed true to that, at this point. They have not bolstered their left tackle situation yet.

If that's the case, then they must do what they can to plug that hole in the draft.

Read the actual article next time.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:08 AM 03-29-2021
They have plenty of options. They can win the Super Bowl without drafting a LT in the first round.
What other options are there, at this point? I've been looking.

Teams that enter the draft with a must-have mindset never come out ahead. Ever.

The draft is always a balance of value and need. Always.
Totally agree, actually, which is why maybe you set yourself up so that's not what you have to do.

But the need to protect Mahomes' blind side trumps our need to adhere strictly to the value/need balance. The need is simply too severe at this point.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:10 AM 03-29-2021
They've pursued no one because there isn't anyone else to pursue. Okung is hurt all the time and isn't dependable. He's fine for a emergency only type thing, but other than that, there isn't shit out there.

So, yeah, they're pretty much locked in to take a LT early in the draft.
Nope.

That's your perception of the situation.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:10 AM 03-29-2021

Nate Taylor has stressed that Niang will be given every opportunity to win RT, but that Remmers will be the incumbent there.

Just FYI

It's going to be Niang at RT. If anybody is flipping to LT from that combo, it's Remmers.

Which, so help me god, htismaqe. So help me god.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:12 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
What other options are there, at this point? I've been looking.
I guess I missed where you are an NFL personnel man and actually know who is and isn't available.

Originally Posted by Direckshun:
But the need to protect Mahomes' blind side trumps our need to adhere strictly to the value/need balance. The need is simply too severe at this point.
I absolutely disagree and that's the last I'm going to say on the subject. The upside here is that if the Chiefs take a tackle in the draft, I'm good.

If they don't, you guys are going to lose your shit. Don't say I didn't warn you.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:14 AM 03-29-2021
I guess I missed where you are an NFL personnel man and actually know who is and isn't available.
its not complicated

I absolutely disagree and that's the last I'm going to say on the subject. The upside here is that if the Chiefs take a tackle in the draft, I'm good.

If they don't, you guys are going to lose your shit. Don't say I didn't warn you.
I don't need you to warn me that I'm going to be upset if the Chiefs enter Week One with Remmers at tackle. Buuuuuuuut thanks
[Reply]
Page 8 of 31
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up