ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Media Center>'Godzilla vs. Kong' Likely the Latest Tentpole to Go to a Streamer
Tribal Warfare 11:19 PM 11-25-2020

Exclusive: 'Godzilla vs. Kong' likely the latest tentpole to go to a streamer https://t.co/oqlxUlCYTf pic.twitter.com/so3kC2C48m

— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) November 26, 2020

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:24 PM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Would Megalon be part of the Gigan story line? My fingers are crossed for this.

Could also see Destroyah given then use of the Oxygen Destroyer in the previous film.
Apparently, Legendary is attempting to get a Pacific Rim and Monsterverse crossover with Guillermo Del Toro directing.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:24 AM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yeah, the movie was fantastical af.

My favorite moments were when Big G atomic breathed a hole to the Earth's core then made eye contact with Kong like "sup BITCH?"

And then they downloaded the energy stuff they found in the core lol made no sense whatsoever
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea. How do you upload a chemical element?
They uploaded the "blueprint" of the energy source molecule or the energy profile. It stretches belief, but we are watching a movie about titans.

Only because of the extremely cool ending do I give this a 7/10.

The side story that really never added much with Bobby Brown and the kid from Deadpool 2 (FireFist), made all their parts really drag.

Easily the weakest of this series of movies thus far.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:39 AM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Apparently, Legendary is attempting to get a Pacific Rim and Monsterverse crossover with Guillermo Del Toro directing.
Pacific Rim was far better than any of the Godzilla and Kong movies. The Legendary films went the Transformers route and are just dumb beyond belief. The only way to rationalize them is that they’re for the same audience that loved the originals from Toho — kids — and on that level they work I guess but you can make a Godzilla movie that isn’t an exercise in seeing how many different ways buildings can be destroyed. Remaking the original 1954 Godzilla would be amazing but based on the audience reviews for GvK it seems like most are happy with monsters running amok in a movie with zero character development, completely implausible storylines, and whole bunch of stupid on top.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:20 PM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:

The side story that really never added much with Bobby Brown and the kid from Deadpool 2 (FireFist), made all their parts really drag.

Easily the weakest of this series of movies thus far.
Honestly I would have preferred the conspiracy guy to have gone on his quest alone. No need for 11 or the fat kid.

I thought the little deaf girl did a good job though. Her scenes with Kong were the heart of the movie.

I think it's the movie I enjoyed most of the 4. It was the most fun but not the best film...
[Reply]
Rausch 07:23 PM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Pacific Rim was far better than any of the Godzilla and Kong movies. The Legendary films went the Transformers route and are just dumb beyond belief.
The first one was not like that at all. Godzilla 14 was a very grounded and "realistic" take on Titans and I was hoping they stayed that route. They didn't.

I think had Edwards done a trilogy we would have something very different right now...
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:25 PM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
The first one was not like that at all. Godzilla 14 was a very grounded and "realistic" take on Titans and I was hoping they stayed that route. They didn't.

I think had Edwards done a trilogy we would have something very different right now...
Agree with this. The RLM review pretty much nailed it as being stupid and staying out of the way whenever the monsters fight.
[Reply]
Sorry 12:14 AM 04-05-2021
That girl from stranger things was terrible in this movie. I hated everytime she was on the screen...added nothing to the storyline lol.

Plot was cartoonish but it was just a fun movie.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:08 AM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Sorry:
That girl from stranger things was terrible in this movie. I hated everytime she was on the screen...added nothing to the storyline lol.

Truth. She and her two friends were there to provide exposition only. In an incredibly annoying pointless manner. You could have cut out 20+ minutes of their scenes with two lines of dialog by the bad guy: "Godzilla is homing in on X" and "Z uses psionics."

On the positive side the Mexican chick was hot. The movie could have used a lot more of her and a lot less of the deaf Asian toddler staring in wonder.

As cheesy as it is, I still found the fight scene in the original more entertaining than the ones in the new movie:

Those old movies are just more fun.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:42 PM 04-05-2021
Watching it now on HBO MAX in my man cave using projector on the wall.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:05 PM 04-05-2021
Godzilla better win in the end that's all I want Fuck KONG
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:14 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Sorry:

Yeah. I love Stranger Things and she’s great in that but she may be a one trick pony as an actress.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:30 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Yeah. I love Stranger Things and she’s great in that but she may be a one trick pony as an actress.
She was really good as Enola Holmes in the Netflix movie of the same name.

The acting in KvG was abhorrent across the board, which is on the director.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:58 PM 04-05-2021
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:15 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rasputin 04:39 PM 04-05-2021