ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2020 Fitness Thread ****
penguinz 07:53 PM 02-18-2020
Where is everyone on their fitness goals these days?

I recently reached 315 bench. Feel stronger than ever but also getting old and takes so long to recover!
[Reply]
loochy 07:56 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Do you count calories on an app like MyFitnessPal or Samsung? I feel like unless I use those I always go over, but holy fuck is it annoying as hell to keep logging that shit all the time.

If your diet is pretty consistent, MFP works pretty well. You can pre-load meals and recipes and split them into quarters or eighths, then add the appropriate number of servings per meal.

The work is in initially setting up your core foods
[Reply]
lewdog 09:06 AM 09-23-2020
Do you count calories on an app like MyFitnessPal or Samsung? I feel like unless I use those I always go over, but holy fuck is it annoying as hell to keep logging that shit all the time.
I eat consistently the same foods so after tracking for about a week, there’s no need. Especially when there’s little carbs most days. Meals are just protein and veggies. Throw in a protein bar and a shake and that’s about it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:14 AM 09-23-2020
I should have noted, I get 100-120g of protein FROM SUPPLEMENTS. Protein supplements (mostly whey isolates) make up about 1/3 of my 1800 calories per day.

The way I worded that last post, it might seem like I'm getting 100-120g protein TOTAL per day which is incorrect, once I factor in meals.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:14 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I eat consistently the same foods so after tracking for about a week, there’s no need. Especially when there’s little carbs most days. Meals are just protein and veggies. Throw in a protein bar and a shake and that’s about it.
I was just about to say the same thing. Once you get into a routine, you don't really have to count anymore. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:18 AM 09-23-2020
Eat less, Billay.

I took this at the end of August on my 35 birthday. Survived COVID this year and through the summer I got the leanest I've been since my 20's.

You sexy bitch. What do you do for forearms? Just residual from all of your upper body lifts?
[Reply]
lewdog 09:21 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You sexy bitch. What do you do for forearms? Just residual from all of your upper body lifts?
I’ve never trained forearms in my life. Pickup heavy objects enough and don’t lift like Pete at planet fitness, and they seem to do fine.
[Reply]
loochy 09:44 AM 09-23-2020
I’ve never trained forearms in my life. Pickup heavy objects enough and don’t lift like Pete at planet fitness, and they seem to do fine.

You don't use straps when you lift Billay's dong?
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:30 PM 09-23-2020
You should turn wrenches. That will get you some yoked forearms.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:34 PM 09-23-2020
I have fun with that kind of stuff.

It's the shit that doesn't have a bar code or hasn't been entered that's hard to track. You have to weigh it and do the math to figure out the calories etc. THAT shit is annoying.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:34 PM 09-23-2020
How does Pete at Planet Fitness lift?
[Reply]
chinaski 12:39 PM 09-23-2020
Down over 60lbs since December. Started eating clean and hitting the gym, which unfortunately is still closed where I live. I sourced some weights and a small bench, but mainly have been sticking with body weight exercises. Also I'm running a lot, can do a 5k or more no problem now.

At 44 going on 45, I'm probably in the best shape of my life :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:13 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You should turn wrenches. That will get you some yoked forearms.
Just jerk off a bunch
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:15 PM 09-23-2020
You actually do look a bit leaner too from previous posts.

Good work man.
I did get a bit leaner then the whole shut down thing fucked it all up but I'm going to get back on stricter calories intake next week.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:30 AM 09-24-2020
Great job Lew, you're looking awesome! But is this you on carb Friday?

[Reply]
notorious 07:02 AM 09-24-2020
It's been 2 months since I've hammered down and got on a routine.

My current macro goals per day are 275 carbs, 50 fat, 150 protein (thanks Lew), 2100 calories. I use the Under Armor Myfitness App. It's great, go get it.

I have been meeting/exceeding the protein, ending up around 125-150 carbs, and I stopped caring about the fat. Looking back I average around 50-70 gr/day, most of which comes from cashews, peanuts, and beef. Calories end up around 1800-1900 on most days. When I dig into a bag of beef jerky I usually overdo protein and get close to hitting the calorie ceiling.

2 month ago I was 6'3 220. Not terrible, but I had a gut because I love beer, pizza, and burgers

First month I first started with crunches and 4-6 mile "trail" bike rides. My work during the day is enough cardio. I dropped about 1/3-1/2 pound of weight per day until hitting 205-207.

That's when things leveled off.

Month 2 I transitioned to weight training, and the cardio during my work day was more than enough. I use a combo of Bowflex (laugh it up) and free weights. The body transformation during the first month was somewhat dramatic, but once the weights hit I wasn't losing weight as much, but the proportions were moving from my midsection to my arms, shoulders, and chest.

I am now at 202, can work all day without getting tired (wood floor install and sanding), and my mind is razor sharp. The main reason I started this program is because my mind got hazy, and I wasn't as motivated to kick ass as I should be.

People look at the physical side of weight loss and eating, when they should be looking at their mental state of mind.

You can do it. Once you get the ball rolling and embrace the suck it becomes a masochistic fetish to push your muscles to total failure.

Huge side benefit: My 8 year old son has really taken to lifting weights. He is a solid brick as it is, but this is something that will take him through the rest of his life.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and tweaks to my diet.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up