ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 153
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:12 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I literally sat there grinning from ear to ear like an enrapt 10 year old seeing young Luke back in action
I still watch this probably twice a month. The reactions at the Green Saber reveal are iconic.

[Reply]
Easy 6 11:33 AM 04-16-2021
Yep, that was some magical tv
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:25 AM 06-10-2021

The Mandalorian Season 3 will reportedly premiere later than expected, with The Book of Boba Fett serving as 'The Mandalorian Season 2.5.'https://t.co/dCAoPSxmcY pic.twitter.com/5lUKB5twGw

— Comic Book Resources (@CBR) June 10, 2021

[Reply]
unlurking 08:39 AM 06-10-2021
Darn. Was hoping to see both this year.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:03 PM 06-10-2021
My from understanding, Season 3 of the Mandalorian won't premiere until Q4 of 2022.

Filming on season three isn't likely to begin before the end of the year due to Pascal's commitment to his upcoming HBO series and the fact that the Obi Wan series begins shooting on the same soundstage very soon.
[Reply]
unlurking 04:40 PM 06-10-2021
Ouch. Didn't realize it was going to be a full year delay. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:52 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Ouch. Didn't realize it was going to be a full year delay. :-)
I don't think it's a delay as much as it was their plan. Andor is filming in London while Obi Wan is just getting started in Long Beach.

Lucasfilm has basically around 4 months to finish Post Production on The Book of Boba Fett and once that's completed, they'll start Post work on Obi Wan, with The Mandalorian filming beginning in January.

The good thing is that there will be a massive amount of new Disney+ content coming in 2022 but the wait is going to suck.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:57 PM 06-10-2021
I read Pascal will be busy filming ‘Last of Us’. And they could potentially have another actor fill in and have Pascal do the voice overs later on.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:09 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I read Pascal will be busy filming ‘Last of Us’. And they could potentially have another actor fill in and have Pascal do the voice overs later on.
Yeah but that's not really what's at issue. The issue is that The Volume soundstage in Long Beach is booked solid until around February of 2022.

Disney is building another Volume in Atlanta but I haven't heard an estimated finish time. It's going to be busy as well with all of the upcoming Marvel series that will also utilize the tech.

And FWIW, Brendon Wayne, John's grandson, has appeared as the Mandalorian in armor as much or more than Pedro, so they could film without him and do pickup shots later.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:18 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah but that's not really what's at issue. The issue is that The Volume soundstage in Long Beach is booked solid until around February of 2022.

Disney is building another Volume in Atlanta but I haven't heard an estimated finish time. It's going to be busy as well with all of the upcoming Marvel series that will also utilize the tech.

And FWIW, Brendon Wayne, John's grandson, has appeared as the Mandalorian in armor as much or more than Pedro, so they could film without him and do pickup shots later.
Interesting. That Volume tech is absolutely amazing. A real game changer.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:19 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't think it's a delay as much as it was their plan. Andor is filming in London while Obi Wan is just getting started in Long Beach.

Lucasfilm has basically around 4 months to finish Post Production on The Book of Boba Fett and once that's completed, they'll start Post work on Obi Wan, with The Mandalorian filming beginning in January.

The good thing is that there will be a massive amount of new Disney+ content coming in 2022 but the wait is going to suck.
Man thank you so much for the updates! :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:34 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Interesting. That Volume tech is absolutely amazing. A real game changer.
Sony ordered a version for their lot recently, too.

It's the biggest game changer since Lucas invented digital editing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:47 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I still watch this probably twice a month. The reactions at the Green Saber reveal are iconic.

:-)

I covered my mouth when the X-Wing showed up and then just silently smiled as tears ran down my cheeks.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:09 AM 06-11-2021
One X-Wing?

Great. We’re saved.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:46 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

I covered my mouth when the X-Wing showed up and then just silently smiled as tears ran down my cheeks.
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
One X-Wing?

Great. We’re saved.
I knew instantly when the X-Wing showed up. Couldn't believe they did it at the time.
[Reply]
Page 127 of 153
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137 > Last »
Up