ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1012 of 2678
« First < 12512912962100210081009101010111012 101310141015101610221062111215122012 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:36 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Yes, because having Watson on the team would have really forced Alex Smith to be a consistently aggressive QB... :-)

Anyway, welcome to the orgy.
But we all know, you originally wanted to stay home and bang the ugly chick.
He's in. I was with him at the Steelers game. This is all legit. He's come to the light. I give all prior Smith lovers 3 games this year to repent and switch over before they're cast off into hell. Smith was a very solid QB last year but Mahomes represents another level of talent that we haven't seen forever wearing a Chiefs jersey. You can't entirely fault a guy for having to sit through Croyle, Palko, Thigpen, and Cassell only to find Smith and feel happy about it. But he gets it now.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:23 PM 09-18-2018
A couple dumbass Cowboy fans at my work aren't impressed. Their whole thing is "A lot of young QB's light it up their first season until the rest of the league has tape on them". Honestly they're not wrong, but I dont see this happening with Mahomes...his talent is too natural. It may be happening with Dak though, ironically enough...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:25 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
A couple dumbass Cowboy fans at my work aren't impressed. Their whole thing is "A lot of young QB's light it up their first season until the rest of the league has tape on them". Honestly they're not wrong, but I dont see this happening with Mahomes...his talent is too natural. It may be happening with Dak though, ironically enough...
Tape isn't going to do shit when Mahomes is making reads like that and is throwing as sharply as he has been. He's going to regress sooner or later but even then he's got the potential to be the class of the AFC QBs.
[Reply]
Best22 05:27 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Different types of QB.
[Reply]
FAX 05:28 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
One.
Ah ... as I suspected.

If you're looking for a stat line that expresses the difference between this year's team and past ones ... that's a good place to start.

FAX
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:30 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Chiefs have been in the red zone 6 times. Here’s what happened:

1. TD
2. TD
3. TD
4. TD
5. TD
6. TD

:-)
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So much winning, we're gonna get tired of winning
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:31 PM 09-18-2018
Dak is way different. He doesn’t anticipate or read the field that well, and his arm is highly questionable at times.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:33 PM 09-18-2018
I meant its ironic that Cowboys fans are telling me Mahomes is only good because nobody has tape on him while Dak is seeming to regress now that the league has tape on him.
[Reply]
DaKernal 05:40 PM 09-18-2018
All the doubters are making this mistake. They just group Mahomes in with "other young QBs", not realizing that he truly is different.
[Reply]
FAX 05:41 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I think the Steelers game is an example where the QB can overcome a chokejob by the coaches. That game looked like another Reid collapse, but Mahomes simply refused to let that game slip away. Meanwhile Big Ben was not able to match him on the 21 points in 2nd half.
I can understand how you might feel that way, Mr. DRM08, so allow me to do you the honor of disagreeing with you on this particular point in respect to this particular game.

Although I can't cite the exact place I heard it (I think it was one of last week's conference calls with Wally), but Wally said that he gave the offense over to Mahomes after the half.

In other words, he let Mahomes go with the spread and air it the hell out until we got the lead back and recovered our balance.

That, my friend, is good damn coaching from a guy who wants to pocket the win and is willing to take the necessary risks to do so.

This is a different animal that we're used to seeing and old narratives don't work as well as they used to.

FAX
[Reply]
DaKernal 05:43 PM 09-18-2018
Took my Raider fan buddy, all of one week to change his tune. After week 1 it was, " That was all Tyreek, he won't put up numbers like that if they take away Hill. Now. Its " damn, I think Mahomes might be legit". Yeah buddy, I told your ass the day he was drafted that he was the next great one.
[Reply]
DaKernal 05:47 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
I can understand how you might feel that way, Mr. DRM08, so allow me to do you the honor of disagreeing with you on this particular point in respect to this particular game.

Although I can't cite the exact place I heard it (I think it was one of last week's conference calls with Wally), but Wally said that he gave the offense over to Mahomes after the half.

In other words, he let Mahomes go with the spread and air it the hell out until we got the lead back and recovered our balance.

That, my friend, is good damn coaching from a guy who wants to pocket the win and is willing to take the necessary risks to do so.

This is a different animal that we're used to seeing and old narratives don't work as well as they used to.

FAX

What other QB have you ever heard of, be allowed by his coach to just take over the offense in only his 3rd start? Just absolutely amazing this kid is that far along in his development already
[Reply]
FAX 05:56 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by DaKernal:
What other QB have you ever heard of, be allowed by his coach to just take over the offense in only his 3rd start? Just absolutely amazing this kid is that far along in his development already
I can think of a few ... all great ones, of course.

But to have that level of confidence in a guy's 3rd game? On the road? At Heinz Field, no less?

That, my friend, is a coach who wants to win.

It's also a coach who knows how to prepare a QB during the off-season for big moments and sustainable success.

FAX
[Reply]
jimidollar 06:02 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Different types of QB.
Yeah, one sucks and the other one is the GOAT!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:19 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
So much winning, we're gonna get tired of winning
Shut your whore mouth!!!
[Reply]
Page 1012 of 2678
« First < 12512912962100210081009101010111012 101310141015101610221062111215122012 > Last »
Up