ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 506 of 929
« First < 6406456496502503504505506 507508509510516556606 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:56 PM 02-19-2021
my dad wants me to lowball the seller on this house i looked at today :-)

i'm thinking there's no fucking way i have a shot if i do that - everything in the house is practically brand new, they rehabbed the shit out of it - there's at least five or six offers coming in this weekend

i'd be stupid to lowball...right?
[Reply]
DJay23 09:58 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
I think this thread has all kinds of helpful advice and tips throughout it.

Day trading is part of investing as well, doesn't mean everyone on here does it, I'm just dabbling with my stimulus money from the Govt. with that. Play money i call it.
It's all golden.

I've been using the stock tips I'm seeing in here as I've just gotten in to day trading in the last week or so.

Thanks for CCIV Clay!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:01 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by DJay23:
Thanks for CCIV Clay!
Really, lewdog mentioned it first. I just blew it out my ass.

I hope you got into FRX because I see good things coming in pairs. AH today was a very good sign.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 10:06 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No one told me shit either.

Financial lifestyle should be a mandatory class in HIGH SCHOOL.

Our educational system is a failure.
Roth IRA was one of the first things I learned in street class on top of how to balance a check book. Haven’t set one up but now in my mid 30s I sure as shit want to set up a few $5k accounts
[Reply]
-King- 10:08 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
I think this thread has all kinds of helpful advice and tips throughout it.

Day trading is part of investing as well, doesn't mean everyone on here does it, I'm just dabbling with my stimulus money from the Govt. with that. Play money i call it.
I'm not saying that there's something wrong with it, just why it seems to have strayed from DaFaces intent
[Reply]
neech 10:13 PM 02-19-2021

i'm thinking there's no ****ing way i have a shot if i do that - everything in the house is practically brand new, they rehabbed the shit out of it - there's at least five or six offers coming in this weekend

The housing market was much different ten years ago, you could offer a price and tell the owner you have to fix this, that and the other thing as well as throwing in a year of home owner warranty.

To your question though it never hurts to lowball the worst they can say is the offer wasn’t accepted.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:14 PM 02-19-2021

i'm thinking there's no ****ing way i have a shot if i do that - everything in the house is practically brand new, they rehabbed the shit out of it - there's at least five or six offers coming in this weekend

If it's those houses you've been posting that area isnt exactly growing. It would be different if it were in JoCo.
[Reply]
DJay23 10:14 PM 02-19-2021
Really, lewdog mentioned it first. I just blew it out my ass.

I hope you got into FRX because I see good things coming in pairs. AH today was a very good sign.
Yep, got in on FRX today. I'm excited to see if it does what CCIV is doing.
[Reply]
neech 10:15 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I'm not saying that there's something wrong with it, just why it seems to have strayed from DaFaces intent
Threads take a course of their own. Deface isn’t around to herd us around like stray cattle loose in the pasture.
[Reply]
DJay23 10:18 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
Roth IRA was one of the first things I learned in street class on top of how to balance a check book. Haven’t set one up but now in my mid 30s I sure as shit want to set up a few $5k accounts
I didn't set up a Roth until my mid 30s when a friend of mine switched careers and became a wealth manager and talked me into it.

I'm also in the group that didn't have anyone in my ear telling me to set money aside.

That's why I tell every young person I know to start saving as much as they can as soon as they can.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:20 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Awesome.

Once you get a list of fund choices we can help you choose some things if you have questions.
My advice right off the bat is PIHB
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 10:36 PM 02-19-2021
I didn't set up a Roth until my mid 30s when a friend of mine switched careers and became a wealth manager and talked me into it.

I'm also in the group that didn't have anyone in my ear telling me to set money aside.

That's why I tell every young person I know to start saving as much as they can as soon as they can.
It’s absolutely important info to pass on. 👊
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:32 PM 02-19-2021

Every seller thinks their homes are gold mines right now. Be patient- there will be a lot of inventory coming on the market soon.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 12:14 AM 02-20-2021

Never offer above what you’d be willing to pay based on all you’ve seen so far, and how much you want this home (what are the pro’s and cons. What is a dealbreaker and what are you willing to live with. What is easily changeable —like paint and landscaping — what’s not: location, tile work etc.) Use your agent as a consultant on offer price. If the sellers agent expects 5 or 6 offers chances are it’ll go over asking.

I’ve bought and sold six homes. This last time we got outbid on four homes. A couple times by a lot. Cash offers. Etc. But our offer was what I was willing to pay and be satisfied, not what I thought would win the house. One of them I went to bed hoping we didn’t get it. We didn’t. this one we ended up with we bud high but it’s much better than any we got beat out on, and wasn’t the most expensive either.

There is ALWAYS another house.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 12:29 AM 02-20-2021
Same here. Well maybe not pissed, but disappointed that I wasn't wise to it.

I've gotten a late start on supplemental retirement savings and have already banked a lot. I shudder to think how much I would have if I had started saving at 22 rather than in my 30s.
I’m 50. I e been contributing the maximum to a 401k for 25 years. It’s quadruple what I’ve put into it (about averaging 5-8 percent per year over this time) but still is only worth about 5 years salary at my current level.

I wish I’d also had started an E-trade and IRAs on top of that or property investments.

401k isn’t enough. IMO.

Plus, the past 7 years have been unprecedented. nasdaq took 12 years to get back to it’s 1999 level.
[Reply]
Page 506 of 929
« First < 6406456496502503504505506 507508509510516556606 > Last »
Up