ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 80
1 23451151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
KCFalcon59 02:51 PM 07-24-2015
Yeah. I tried last week. No go. Offered a small discount. Not even close to what I had last year. So I dropped Sunday Ticket for now. I will call mid august to try again. Normally I get a good deal with credits.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:51 PM 07-24-2015
I moved this year and they gave it to me for free.

DirecTV is a cool company.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 02:53 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:
I moved this year and they gave it to me for free.

DirecTV is a cool company.
I think you meant AT&T.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 02:55 PM 07-24-2015
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...ectv/30626421/
[Reply]
Dunit35 03:02 PM 07-24-2015
Cancelling mine as I type. I work Sundays now and my wife works overnights on Saturdays. Best I could watch is the first half of each game. I work at 2 pm. No sense in paying $42/month for it. Never was offered any type of deal.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:03 PM 07-24-2015
I called. No discount, nothing free for Sunday Ticket. Just asked if that would be all I needed. I downgraded our package a few times this year also as our bill keeps going up. My contract is up in November and they are either gonna lock me into a price without a contract or I'm out. They refused to give me a wireless box so I could move a TV to my patio earlier this year too. FUCK THEM.
[Reply]
Dunit35 03:06 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I called. No discount, nothing free for Sunday Ticket. Just asked if that would be all I needed. I downgraded our package a few times this year also as our bill keeps going up. My contract is up in November and they are either gonna lock me into a price without a contract or I'm out. They refused to give me a wireless box so I could move a TV to my patio earlier this year too. **** THEM.
Same with me. I pay $110/month now. $42/month for Sunday ticket can S my D.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 03:13 PM 07-24-2015
I had a rep come by got after I cancelled dish network got Sunday ticket free bill credits and movie Chanel's for 90 days
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:15 PM 07-24-2015
I called. No discount, nothing free for Sunday Ticket. Just asked if that would be all I needed. I downgraded our package a few times this year also as our bill keeps going up. My contract is up in November and they are either gonna lock me into a price without a contract or I'm out. They refused to give me a wireless box so I could move a TV to my patio earlier this year too. FUCK THEM.
I think it works in my situation because my contract is up right around the time they start charging for ST. I just call and ask them when my contract is up....and then they ask me why. I mention that I can't afford ST anymore and that it's the only reason that I'm with them. Sometimes they offer me a discount and I have to talk them down further....but this time the guy just came back with free and the bill credits.

Did you call a regular CSR or did you talk to retention?
[Reply]
lewdog 03:18 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I think it works in my situation because my contract is up right around the time they start charging for ST. I just call and ask them when my contract is up....and then they ask me why. I mention that I can't afford ST anymore and that it's the only reason that I'm with them. Sometimes they offer me a discount and I have to talk them down further....but this time the guy just came back with free and the bill credits.

Did you call a regular CSR or did you talk to retention?
I called after I had my car fixed to the tune of $1k a month ago. I said with the repair and purchasing the car earlier this year, I couldn't handle the $300 ST charge. She said she'd cancel it. I asked when my contract was up and she said November. That was it. Nothing offered on any of it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:23 PM 07-24-2015
I called after I had my car fixed to the tune of $1k a month ago. I said with the repair and purchasing the car earlier this year, I couldn't handle the $300 ST charge. She said she'd cancel it. I asked when my contract was up and she said November. That was it. Nothing offered on any of it.
Regular customer service or retention?
[Reply]
lewdog 03:36 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Regular customer service or retention?
Regular. I didn't ask to go to retention and she didn't offer.

I am thinking of calling back about my issues earlier this year and probe them about how I can get a TV to the back patio. Century Link offers wireless set-top boxes where I could move any TV in my house to a new location. I am gonna ask what they have that compares and threaten to move when my contract is done or buy out early. Otherwise, it seems I get no where. Last year it was an hour long phone call with the retention department to get Sunday Ticket for $180 and they didn't want to give me that until I threatened to pay the early cancellation fee to terminate our contract.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:41 PM 07-24-2015
Always talk to retention
[Reply]
sedated 03:51 PM 07-24-2015
The only 3 years I had DTV I got it for free. The first year I was a new customer, second year I moved, third year DTV was haggling with ABC so I said my kids were devastated that they couldn't watch Nickelodeon. Guess I got pretty lucky.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 80
1 23451151 > Last »
Up