ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 48
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
KevB 10:08 PM 07-14-2013
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
Yes, it's still spotty. I've got a Samsung Note 2 and still love it. But coverage is so so.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:04 AM 07-16-2013
Anyone? Buehler? Buelhler?
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:25 AM 07-16-2013
Sprint sucks, Note 3 is gonna be a beast. I like my s4 but not a huge fan of touchwiz, prefer sense. I like LG TV's but their phones usually suck
[Reply]
Buns 10:26 AM 07-16-2013
I'm waiting to see what the Moto X is all about.
[Reply]
Jarni 04:04 PM 07-16-2013
I really can't stand Sprint as a cellphone company. That being said, I usually go with what is free. This time it was the iPhone 4. I never planned on owning one because I don't like Apple products but it isn't bad, does what I need it to when I need it to and that's about all I can ask for.
[Reply]
DaveNull 05:40 PM 07-17-2013
Originally Posted by Virtua Chief:
About as awesome as you can get. If you're in the Android camp, hold out.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:17 AM 07-18-2013
Originally Posted by Virtua Chief:
Same here. A bunch of sites have hinted to a removable battery and their whole 17 or w/e different colored covers kind of support that and I wont buy a phone without one. Hope it has a FM transmitter in it, though.

I did read some article where they mentioned that the phone would rival the S4 and HTC One in the price department which would be a huge let down. The specs that have been released aren't near as high end as those phones.
[Reply]
DaveNull 02:22 PM 07-18-2013
You don't need a removable battery if 8 hours of hard use only kills 15% of the battery.

Just saying. Not that I know.
[Reply]
mdstu 02:57 PM 07-18-2013
We just upgraded with T-mobile about 5 months ago.
I have the Galaxy Note II.
Wife and daughter have Galaxy SIII.

I absolutely love it and I'm pretty sure the girls wished they had gotten the Note also.
Even if they won't admit it. My daughter was begging for the Iphone because that's what all her friends have, but after a few weeks she said she is glad I talked her into the Samsung.

Of course what do I know, I was still using my old V3 Razr when we upgraded.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:27 PM 07-18-2013
Originally Posted by DaveNull:
You don't need a removable battery if 8 hours of hard use only kills 15% of the battery.

Just saying. Not that I know.
I'm not worried about a days worth of battery life. I'm more concerned with 18 months down the road the thing not holding a charge and simply replacing it with a new battery instead of buying a new phone. Even if the phone is under warranty and you can send it in you have to pay the shipping and handling and you are without a phone for a week or however long it will take for the factory to put in a new battery. It's a pain in the ass that serves no purpose besides saving a whopping mm in thickness and forcing you to buy a new phone when the battery dies.

I'd also love to see a battery that see's 8 hours of hard use and still has an 85% charge left, though.

However, I've been told on CP that the majority of people buy a new phone every year, so...
[Reply]
DaveNull 03:41 PM 07-18-2013
For what it's worth, I've had an iPhone 4s since launch day. Recently swapped it out at the store as a result of a sticky home button and didn't pay a dime.
[Reply]
Setsuna 10:57 PM 07-18-2013
Note II buddy. Won't have to buy another phone for 5 years.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 07:56 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby:
Note II buddy. Won't have to buy another phone for 5 years.
:-) 5 years. Okay.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:09 PM 07-19-2013
I've had the Google Nexus S since winter of 2010.

It's ok I guess....of course that's really old in tech years.

I was thinking about getting the Samsung Galaxy 4S, but god damn the thing is so fucking big you almost can't put it in your pocket.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 48
1 234511 > Last »
Up