ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock - 4/16/2021
The Franchise 11:36 AM 04-16-2021
#31 – Jayson Oweh, DE, Penn State – Obviously there are no OTs at this point in the draft that are worth taking. I believe that Jenkins goes to the Colts or the Steelers in the first round and I’m not willing to give up picks that are valuable to move up above 20 to take him. Oweh may not have the sacks but he for sure has the pressures that you’re looking for. And I believe that you can add about 5-10 pounds onto his frame and he wouldn’t lose any explosiveness.

#63 – Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa – Here is where I’m drafting my LT of the future. Spencer Brown is the most athletic tackle to come out in a while and he checks all the boxes that Reid looks for. Yes, he played RT in college. No, I don’t care. Move him to LT, sign a veteran and I think he’ll be ready to go midway through the season.

#94 – Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State – Tylan is Patrick’s dream WR opposite Tyreek Hill. He’s awesome at tracking deep balls and he never gives up on plays. He’s a perfect third option after Hill and Kelce.

#136 – Cameron McGrone, LB, Michigan – Gay at SLB. Hitchens at MLB. McGrone at WLB. I see McGrone as the eventual replacement for Hitchens after this year. He’s athletic enough, a good tackler and he has no issues with hitting people.

#144 - Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State – Wade is not a safety. I’m drafting him in the fourth round, like Snead, and moving him back to CB where he can shine.

#176 – Jacoby Stevens, S, LSU – Here is your replacement for Dirty Dan after his one year deal is up. He’s the perfect fit as that dime LB/S that Spags likes to employ.

#181 – Tre McKitty, TE, Georgia – He isn’t an every down player right now but we don’t need him to be. What we need is someone to groom behind Kelce. He should easily beat out Keizer for that third TE role.

#207 – Trey Hill, C, Georgia – I’m not looking for a backup C in the mold of Austin Reiter. The signing of Blythe makes it seem like they wanted better run blocking even if it came with a little worse pass blocking. Hill isn’t going to start year one. Hell…he may not be ready year two but Reid loves him some developmental linemen.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 12:25 PM 04-16-2021
Doing a mock in August seems a little late.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:34 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Doing a mock in August seems a little late.
It’s when you get the best players. Fuck I’m stupid.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:25 PM 04-16-2021
Love it.

I like all of those specific players.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:40 PM 04-16-2021
I have to agree with Meck.

I love it.

The more of these I read, the more I realize how many options the Chiefs really have.

I love Crow's mock too.

This is great.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:48 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have to agree with Meck.

I love it.

The more of these I read, the more I realize how many options the Chiefs really have.

I love Crow's mock too.

This is great.
Our needs really match up well with this pool of players. We should make out like bandits.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:36 PM 04-16-2021
I'd be pretty stoked with this man, for sure.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:44 PM 04-16-2021
I like every pick, especially McGrone.
[Reply]
Woogieman 03:55 PM 04-16-2021
Really like this mock, kind of what I had in mind. LB is VERY scarce this yr, and I think value can be had in 2nd & 3rd at OT, Edge, and WR...maybe on the development spectrum, but I think there will be an inordinate # of eventual "hits" in rnds 3 & 4 due to opt-outs. The physical development between sop-jr and jr-sr yrs can be huge, and there will be many surprises...that's why I hope for a 3-6 position trade-down for extra picks. Good scouting depts. will "Littlefinger" the pretenders this year.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 08:13 PM 04-16-2021
Well done! If it fell this way Id be ecstatic!
[Reply]
staylor26 09:25 PM 04-16-2021
Yea sign me up for this all day!
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:09 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Our needs really match up well with this pool of players. We should make out like bandits.
Yep. It is setup perfectly for Veach to really nail this draft.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:16 AM 04-17-2021
I really think Tre McKitty and Jacoby Stevens in particular are really good scheme fits that would be much more valuable in KC than their draft position.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 03:41 PM 04-17-2021
Not big fans of Oweh and Wade, but everything else would be ideal.
[Reply]
Up