ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Can’t believe htismaqe didn’t tell us about this guy
RunKC 07:20 AM 04-15-2021
You holding out on us?

Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
Ran a 4.43 at his pro day at 6’1”. Also ran a 1.44 10 yard split which is the best of any player so far according to this:

Iowa WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette has a 1.44 ten yard split. Best of any player so far. He’s going to be a really good pro. Skill set wasn’t maximized in the Iowa offense. #NFLDraft #DraftTwitter

— Jack Borowsky (@Jack_Borowsky) March 22, 2021

He’s a returner and does a lot of the stuff we do. Excellent hands and you know he can block since he played at Iowa.

I really want this guy
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:47 AM 04-15-2021
I haven't talked about him

1. Because people will instantly jump me for being an Iowa homer. :-)

and

2. Because to me ISM is a late round sleeper. He's not a top-flight WR prospect, more of a Swiss army knife guy. He's lined up everywhere at Iowa, including in the backfield. The terrible nagging feeling in the back of my head that he's nothing more than a DAT or McCluster kind of guy.
[Reply]
BTAU 09:46 AM 04-15-2021
There is also this:

Originally Posted by :
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/i...wide-receiver/

There are some off-field concerns too. The Iowa wide receiver was arrested for speeding and driving under the influence during his senior season. His arrest ultimately led to a one-game suspension by the program as well as him going through the Iowa Student Athlete Code of Conduct process.
Given the current situation (and potential litigation) with Britt Reid, I doubt this type of transgression is one the team is willing to overlook.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:03 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by BTAU:
There is also this:

Given the current situation (and potential litigation) with Britt Reid, I doubt this type of transgression is one the team is willing to overlook.
The Britt Reid situation is a worst case scenario. It's a tragedy, he's 100% responsible, and he's probably going to prison.

I doubt there's hardly anyone in America that hasn't driven when they probably shouldn't have.

I don't think I'd hold that against a 21 or 22 year old kid.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:18 AM 04-15-2021
Pro day timed 40. 4.43 Is probably more like a 4.53
[Reply]
BTAU 01:43 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The Britt Reid situation is a worst case scenario. It's a tragedy, he's 100% responsible, and he's probably going to prison.

I doubt there's hardly anyone in America that hasn't driven when they probably shouldn't have.

I don't think I'd hold that against a 21 or 22 year old kid.
I don't disagree with you. I think the personnel people wouldn't take him off the board.

Where I think it may run into issues is with Clark Hunt. With Reid's comments that he was drinking at work in the police report, I think that could potentially open up the organization to some liability (in civil court). In that scenario, an attorney could point to the fact that the team drafted players with that in their history as an indicator of the teams attitude towards drinking and driving. I'm not saying it would be an effective argument, but it could be something Clark might be looking to avoid.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:46 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I haven't talked about him

1. Because people will instantly jump me for being an Iowa homer. :-)

and

2. Because to me ISM is a late round sleeper. He's not a top-flight WR prospect, more of a Swiss army knife guy. He's lined up everywhere at Iowa, including in the backfield. The terrible nagging feeling in the back of my head that he's nothing more than a DAT or McCluster kind of guy.

What's your take on Brandon Smith?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:31 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
What's your take on Brandon Smith?
Honestly, he's got better physical tools than Smith-Marsette. He just doesn't have the consistency. The guy just never really broke through. Part of that was probably due to the offense but some of it was just due to him being so up and down.

Because of his size and speed, I think he has a chance to stick with a team. But he's going to have to put in the reps to show he can be an every day player.
[Reply]
In58men 02:52 PM 04-15-2021
Check out post 46 brah

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...=337774&page=3
[Reply]
In58men 04:51 PM 04-18-2021
Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR.
Great name.
Great speed.
Underutilized at Iowa. He should have had HUGE production. He was open over and over and they simply didn’t throw it to him. He goes to right situation in league, he will explode onto the scene. #NFLDraft

Per Louis Reddick

Honestly, Reddick needs to be heard more. He’s made some damn good calls in the past.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:01 PM 04-18-2021
Definitely an Iowa prospect.

[Reply]
In58men 05:16 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Definitely an Iowa prospect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
Bowser 06:39 PM 04-18-2021
I think we already have him on the roster. He goes by Marcus Kemp here.
[Reply]
Up