ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Stephen King's Firestarter Reboot Movie Starts Filming In June
Tribal Warfare 07:52 PM 04-12-2021

The long-awaited reboot of Stephen King's Firestarter has taken a gigantic step forward with confirmation that the movie will begin filming this June.https://t.co/DFbEKHmBMJ pic.twitter.com/JEBady4ivb

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) April 13, 2021

[Reply]
Why Not? 06:25 AM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Certainly the best movies from King books are the non-horror movies mentioned above. Hell, Shawshank is on the list for best movies of all time. But not all of his horror stuff has been trash when translated to the big screen. Creepshow (the 1st one) was really good and for an 80’s movie, Silver Bullet was pretty bad ass.
Oh, and while it’s not necessarily “horror”, I thought Cat’s Eye was fun.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:55 AM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I read most of his stuff up until 2000. I've only read a few things after that. I think the last thing I read by him was Duma Key or The Colorado Kid. Duma Key was readable but nothing special, and The Colorado Kid was an absolute joke. Oh, and I also tried 11/22/63. It's 900 pages and it felt really padded so I never finished it.
The last King book I read was It, which concluded with an 11-year-old girl getting gangbanged by all her friends. That was the end for me. I didn't read It when it first came out, though, so there were a few of his later books that I read prior to that. Chronologically, the last King book I bought was the fourth Dark Tower, but much like the fourth Dune book, it was so shitty that I was never able to finish it.

I really enjoyed some of his earlier stuff, particularly The Stand and Pet Sematary.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:40 AM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The last King book I read was It, which concluded with an 11-year-old girl getting gangbanged by all her friends. That was the end for me. I didn't read It when it first came out, though, so there were a few of his later books that I read prior to that. Chronologically, the last King book I bought was the fourth Dark Tower, but much like the fourth Dune book, it was so shitty that I was never able to finish it.

I really enjoyed some of his earlier stuff, particularly The Stand and Pet Sematary.
Pet Sematary is one I always meant to read but never got around to. "It" was a book that would have benefited from an editor.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:04 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Pet Sematary is one I always meant to read but never got around to. "It" was a book that would have benefited from an editor.
Yeah, somebody who might have said, "Dude, you wrote a gangbang scene of a little girl. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

:-)

But Pet Sematary was awesome. The ending where the main guy is walking through the marsh towards the burial ground is truly terrifying. Too bad they butchered that scene in the movie.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up