ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurant must in KC for a 5 year old boy?
luv 08:31 PM 04-05-2021
Doing a family weekend in KC in a few weeks. Going to Legoland, etc. Are there any dining experiences that a 5 year old boy would enjoy? Came across Fritz's. Just not sure we're that into trains.

EDIT: Thanks for the recommendations. We were going to try Fritz's at Crown Center after going to Legoland, but there was a line well out the door. We decided to go across the hall to Burnt Ends BBQ. Not the best I've had, but not bad.

Legoland was fun, but cramped and much smaller than expected. We went to Top Golf on Sunday morning, and the kiddo actually liked it, too. Hit up the Science Center at Union Station before leaving town that afternoon. It was probably our favorite destination. The kiddo had a great weekend, so mission accomplished. :-)
[Reply]
eDave 02:28 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by KCWolfpack:
Used to, but none left in KC now. In fact, there's only a little over a dozen left in the entire country. Definitely a dying chain.
Hmmm. I have one at my local mall. The mall strategy is dying along with malls I suppose.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 06:54 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by KCWolfpack:
Used to, but none left in KC now. In fact, there's only a little over a dozen left in the entire country. Definitely a dying chain.
They also own the T-Rex restaurants...all two of them, but if the one at Legends really closed, then the last one is in Disney Springs in Orlando.
[Reply]
luv 08:04 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
They also own the T-Rex restaurants...all two of them, but if the one at Legends really closed, then the last one is in Disney Springs in Orlando.
Checked out their website, and you are correct. One left in Florida.

We may end up at Fritz's, but I'm sure we'll likely find something near Crown Center. Really wish the Crayola place was still open.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 09:05 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by luv:
Checked out their website, and you are correct. One left in Florida.

We may end up at Fritz's, but I'm sure we'll likely find something near Crown Center. Really wish the Crayola place was still open.
FWIW, there is a nice Fritz’s inside Crown Center. No need to schlep to KCK for the original location.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:29 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
No 5 year old is going to eat sushi but kids love trains.
Almost half the stuff is tempura and appetizers stuff. I can promise a 5 year old will find something they like.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:43 AM 04-06-2021
Restaurant must in KC for a 5 year old boy?

Look, I know you guys will barbecue anything but you've got to draw the line somewhere.
[Reply]
D.A.P. 12:08 PM 04-06-2021
Buddy’s on Main Street.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:29 PM 04-06-2021
Hooters?

I always see young kids in there with their dads.
[Reply]
Infidel Goat 03:32 PM 04-06-2021
I haven't lived in Kansas City for three decades but I'd recommend taking him to Winstead's and ordering a Skyscraper.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 04:17 PM 04-06-2021
Take him to Garozzas and get a meatball the size of his head.
[Reply]
luv 10:09 AM 04-20-2021
Edited OP.

Legoland was pretty disappointing. They claim two floors of fun, but the first floor is simply getting tickets. It was MUCH smaller than we expected, and cramped. The kiddo still had fun, though, and the exhibits were pretty cool.

Top Golf was fun. Boyfriend is the Kitchen Manager for a BigShots Golf that is getting ready to open here, so he wanted to check out the competition. :-)

Went to the Science Center at Union Station, and kind of wish we would have done that on Saturday instead whenever we had more time.

Overall, KC, once again, didn't disappoint. :-)
[Reply]
-King- 10:15 AM 04-20-2021
Edited OP.

Legoland was pretty disappointing. They claim two floors of fun, but the first floor is simply getting tickets. It was MUCH smaller than we expected, and cramped. The kiddo still had fun, though, and the exhibits were pretty cool.

Top Golf was fun. Boyfriend is the Kitchen Manager for a BigShots Golf that is getting ready to open here, so he wanted to check out the competition. :-)

Went to the Science Center at Union Station, and kind of wish we would have done that on Saturday instead whenever we had more time.

Next time you should also go to Wonderscope in south kc. Great place for kids.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:17 AM 04-20-2021
Edited OP.

Yea, the Legolands they put in the malls around the country are small and overpriced.

The LegoLand theme parks in Cali and Florida are ok, because they are full blown parks.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:37 AM 04-20-2021
Top Golf is fun. I've never golfed, so felt like the time flew by as I was figuring out my swing (I probably need more of a driving range setup to hit a ton of golf balls before paying by the hour).

Food, drinks, and hitting the crap out of golf balls while not having to walk after them... my kind of golf.
[Reply]
Coach 04:45 PM 04-20-2021
Shoot, missed this thread.

Next time you're going back in KC with the kiddo, go to the Toy and Miniature Museum if you haven't. https://toyandminiaturemuseum.org/
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up