ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of The Trade? Why?
I approve of the trade and am thrilled about Patrick Mahomes. 284 81.61%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred Deshaun Watson over Patrick Mahomes. 29 8.33%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred Deshone Kizer over Patrick Mahomes. 0 0%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred a QB other than Watson/Kizer over Patrick Mahomes. 1 0.29%
I approve of the trade, even through I would’ve preferred a non-QB over Patrick Mahomes. 1 0.29%
I disapprove of the trade because it was too much to pay even though I like Mahomes. 6 1.72%
I disapprove of the trade because I don’t think Mahomes is that good. 1 0.29%
I disapprove of the trade because I think we could get more value out of the three picks we gave up. 3 0.86%
I disapprove of the trade because we have greater needs than quarterback. 2 0.57%
I disapprove of the trade because I think Mahomes would have been available at 27. 4 1.15%
I have no idea what to think. 4 1.15%
I’m not going to vote because in the future I will change my opinion to make myself look smart. 2 0.57%
I'm still fixated that we drafted Blackledge over Marino. 11 3.16%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Approval/Disapproval of The Trade.
Rain Man 08:06 PM 04-27-2017
If you don't know what The Trade is, just go away.

What do you think? This is a public poll, because we're going to come back in five years and revisit this day.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:40 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Gruden is comparing this trade to the trade the Packers made for Brett Favre

Gruden loves Mahomes. Said he should be the first QB taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:46 PM 04-27-2017
Torn on this...drafting a project QB @ #10 and giving 2 1st round picks for him is definitely a reach. He has some serious footwork issues to iron out. Chiefs would have had Foster sitting there...he was rated as a blue chip and filled a position of need.

The positive is Dorsey wouldn't have given up this much capital if they didnt believe in his potential. There is also the angle that trading Smith next year should net at least a 2nd round pick and save $14 mil. I think this had as much to do with the move as anything.
[Reply]
OCinBuffalo 11:58 PM 04-27-2017
I am thrilled about the trade, because last time? We traded down to get a bunch of guys, one of which was Kiko Alonso, who we traded straight up for Shady McCoy(Eagles... :-) , and you guys think Oakland fans are retarded)

Kiko plays, poorly, for the Dolphins now(X2 Bonus). Well, today he does.

Based on our historical anal-rape(Hey, last time I was here this was cool, sorry if things have gotten better) of teams who trade with us?

Well, there was a point on NFL Network where this "Chiefs-cam" draft room guy was innocuously sorta wiping his hands...but at the same time, pulling his butt-cheeks apart(Jesus, feel the camera dude), and all of us online were howling because: "Yep, get used to it, buddy".
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:05 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Torn on this...drafting a project QB @ #10 and giving 2 1st round picks for him is definitely a reach. He has some serious footwork issues to iron out. Chiefs would have had Foster sitting there...he was rated as a blue chip and filled a position of need.

The positive is Dorsey wouldn't have given up this much capital if they didnt believe in his potential. There is also the angle that trading Smith next year should net at least a 2nd round pick and save $14 mil. I think this had as much to do with the move as anything.
2nd round pick for only one season left on the books?
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:21 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
2nd round pick for only one season left on the books?
Smith will still have value...to a team without a quality starting QB. They would redo his contract...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:23 AM 04-28-2017
PIMP.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 01:49 AM 04-28-2017
I voted PM2 would've been available at 27. But I'm not really mad at the trade either. Sometimes you gotta go for what you want. Reid/Dorsey know more than I, every draftee this year
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:26 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

You have concerns over the fact that the Chiefs traded what will probably be a late round #1 next year for a potential QB of the future but you think a GM will give up a 2nd for Alex Smith in 2018? Boy, would I love for that to be the case but I'm guessing the GM that does that is fired the next day.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:29 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
I voted PM2 would've been available at 27. But I'm not really mad at the trade either. Sometimes you gotta go for what you want. Reid/Dorsey know more than I, every draftee this year
All of the Cardinals local reporters could have been wrong(not being sarcastic)but word here is that the Chiefs trade up is the only thing that kept PMII from being a Cardinal
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 02:52 AM 04-28-2017
I've started severing myself from all the draft crap and only pay attention after the fact. After the fact, weighing all the info I'd of preferred Watson. However!

It's a true commodity (Barring time management and play calling) to have Andy Reid to hone this guys skills. So while I prefer Watson "Right Now", I think Reid can get this guy going in the right direction given time.

I also think that the contrast in styles between Smith and Mahomes is a benefit and will allow him to see things in a different light while sitting behind Smith.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 03:25 AM 04-28-2017
I see a lot of people on here celebrating but I don't see analysts calling this a fantastic pick. Dorsey is a great GM but he's busted on picks too. A lot of the excitement in here is coming from simply the fact that we drafted a QB in the first round but when you look at this and last year's QBs he is probably the third best of the group at best. Now, what he could be in two years remains to be seen. He's 21 and raw, this stupidity that he should start soon is foolish
eh... it's done, so just be excited and hope for the best.

I doubt too many people truly want him starting right away... but there are plenty that feel Smith can't get over the playoff hump... so it's an expected desire.

It seems best for Mahomes to be able to sit the whole or majority of the season. Bad idea to throw him out there immediately, imo. It could be a real mess, and screw with the kid's progression.. but I'm rarely a fan of a rookie QB starting right away, so...
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 04:54 AM 04-28-2017
It's interesting how there was an apparent split in clubs as to these QBs. The Browns and Bills (who have been burned reaching on QBs in recent years) opted to skip on this years class, and amass picks presumably to nab a QB next year. KC, SF and Houston did the opposite.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:55 AM 04-28-2017
I see a lot of people on here celebrating but I don't see analysts calling this a fantastic pick. Dorsey is a great GM but he's busted on picks too. A lot of the excitement in here is coming from simply the fact that we drafted a QB in the first round but when you look at this and last year's QBs he is probably the third best of the group at best. Now, what he could be in two years remains to be seen. He's 21 and raw, this stupidity that he should start soon is foolish
:-):-) Suddenly now this dumb shit cares about what "analysts" think, when he/she/it has spent endless amounts of time defending Bubble Screen Alex Smith from criticism from these very same "analysts".
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:58 AM 04-28-2017
Now, while you criticize the few of us.. Ask yourselves... When has a franchise ever successfully traded away that much in picks receiving both good value AND an elite QB.
Getting a franchise/elite QB is priceless and therefore is good value.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:59 AM 04-28-2017
I approve of the trade simply because it's a sign the Chiefs are moving beyond their 2nd tier backup bullshit starters and are looking to develop their 10 year franchise QB. Just as long as it doesn't end in another 30+ year drought if he fails to be the guy.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up