ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 22 of 82
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 01:27 PM 01-29-2014
Hey I'm off today wife at work kids at school and not going outside in -5 atm.
So I looked up a couple of videos just for fun
And I realize the argument is Tyson vs Lee but a lot of it is boxing vs martial arts lets face it.
And don't miss the last video to answer the question does size matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQjzqzZ5voY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDjE4BywrE4

This ones for you Rico

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQwDYwM4aUQ
-

This one Is from a movie not real but an attempt is made to show martial arts vs boxing I felt it was done fairly well but the end seemed like crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD_wtz1CLVs

-
And some mixed arts in a Real Street fighting video I found
Props to the policeman @ 2:11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_hr2uQClo

-
And this is Funny as Hell.. the announcers are enjoying this insanity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpXeeGR_m2M
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:46 PM 01-29-2014
Those videos have what to do with anything?

It's not boxing vs martial arts, or fat out of shape dude against professional fighter, or two skinny white kids in a gymnasium. It's the fighter Bruce Lee against the fighter Mike Tyson.

I wouldn't expect Tyson to box. I would expect him to fight — complete with all the elbows, knees and teeth that he would have liked to have used in the ring, but only got away with occasionally.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:49 PM 01-29-2014
Tyson=pirate
Lee=ninja
ninjas>pirates
/thread
[Reply]
New World Order 01:57 PM 01-29-2014
Bruce Lee lost to f'ing Chuck Norris in full contact karate. What do you think Mike Tyson would do to him?
[Reply]
listopencil 02:11 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Bruce Lee lost to f'ing Chuck Norris in full contact karate. What do you think Mike Tyson would do to him?
When?

I found this:

Facing The Giant - Bruce Lee (Chuck Norris Recalls His Encounter With The Karate Legend Alert)
Worldnetdaily.com ^ | 1/01/2006 | Chuck Norris
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 11:22:40 PM by goldstategop
Through the years one of the questions I've been asked most has been, ''What was it like to fight Bruce Lee?''

Of course we never actually fought off-screen, because Bruce didn't compete with me in professional tournaments.

We did, however, periodically spar. Believe it or not, it was fun! I can say that because Bruce and I were friends, and we deeply respected each other as masters of martial arts.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:11 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by New World Order:
lol obviously you don't know what your talking about.

1. Chuck Norris was a karate champ for many years.
2. Bruce never lost to him.
3. Tyson fought old out of shape punching bags and was not even the best fighter of his generation-it was all hype.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:16 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Those videos have what to do with anything?

It's not boxing vs martial arts, or fat out of shape dude against professional fighter, or two skinny white kids in a gymnasium. It's the fighter Bruce Lee against the fighter Mike Tyson.

I wouldn't expect Tyson to box. I would expect him to fight — complete with all the elbows, knees and teeth that he would have liked to have used in the ring, but only got away with occasionally.
Yep. I'd love to see Mike land a bare knuckle punch on somebody's jaw.
Bitch Green.
[Reply]
loochy 02:18 PM 01-29-2014
I think this video says it all:

[Reply]
Halfcan 02:23 PM 01-29-2014
[QUOTE=rico;10400383]I am the older brother of a guy who wrestled D1 at 141 lbs (while I wrestled D3 @174-197). My younger bro was capable of beating ANYONE'S ass........as long as they were in his weight range.... With that said, I've always been able to beat my younger brother's ass...this goes for boxing/wrestling/MMA...we've dabbled in all of it....the only thing I can legitimately take seriously other than wrestling and boxing is Jiu Jitsu... and that shit is more useful than boxing, IMO.

Bruce Lee was a charismatic caricature for the ninja genre movies he starred in. Nothing more, nothing less.[/QUOTE]

Dumbest post ever-lol
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:29 PM 01-29-2014
I think it was Jet Li-who in his own right was a world champ- was asked about who would win.

He said it would be hard for anyone to beat Bruce if it was a life and death fight-Bruce was so fast, and he could punch his finger through a board- first thing he would do is take your eyes out with a finger jab.

It would be hard for roided up Tyson to fight with no eyes.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 03:33 PM 01-29-2014
Ok, I don't buy Bruce Lee punching his finger through a board. That's the kind of sensationalism that can drive someone nuts when discussing Bruce Lee's legend.

However, if we're talking a non-enclosed area (no cage or ropes) I'd take Bruce Lee. Three reasons for this - 1) Bruce Lee was insanely fast. Mike Tyson was fast as well, but to be able to pull off the 1" punch is a whole different level when it comes to fast twitch muscles. If you think the 1" punch is a myth, it's not. There is a video of Bruce Lee doing it, and its an exercise that is regularly practiced in Wing Chun. 2) Bruce Lee originally learned martial arts from Ip Man, in the Wing Chun style. Wing Chun is similar to Judo in the sense that it uses the opponent's own strength against them. Wing Chun martial artists are known for not blocking an opponent's strike, but rather redirecting it and throwing the opponent off his centerline, thus exposing himself to strikes against the vital organs. Additionally, there is a seamless transition from defense to offense in Wing Chun and that form of martial arts excels in close quarters combat. The closer, the better. 3) Finally, Tyson would have a hell of time protecting himself against strikes against his knees, groin, and instep, etc. He wouldn't be able to go into a traditional boxer's stance without exposing himself to massive damage to his lower body tendons and bones.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:41 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I think it was Jet Li-who in his own right was a world champ- was asked about who would win.

He said it would be hard for anyone to beat Bruce if it was a life and death fight-Bruce was so fast, and he could punch his finger through a board- first thing he would do is take your eyes out with a finger jab.

It would be hard for roided up Tyson to fight with no eyes.
He could shoot fire from his ass and friggin laser beams from his eyes.
[Reply]
Big Poppa Payne 01-29-2014, 03:44 PM
This message has been deleted by Big Poppa Payne.
Jakemall 03:48 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
Tyson over Lee is something I would put a million dollars on if I had it.
This...pretty much one hit and it is over.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:11 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Jakemall:
This...pretty much one hit and it is over.
Just like Tyson did to Buster?

Mike never won against anyone worth a crap. And to think he could beat a Master in the art of fighting is pretty funny.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 04:15 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by npayne1978:
Here is a look at 50 of Tyson's knockouts. I don't think 135lb Bruce Lee would stand much of a chance.

The only thing that video showed me was the incredible string of absolute bums or over the hill fighters Tyson beat. Buster Douglas didn't fight a great fight to beat Tyson. He just wasn't an absolute bum or 10 years past his prime.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 82
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Up