ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 20 of 82
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:18 AM 01-29-2014
By the way, the real answer is Bas Rutten. Dude might be the most deadly fighter ever, because he didn't learn it in the ring.

Oh, and this motherfucker fought in the old days when there were no rules except eye gouging (which he espouses as the key to any good fight) and don't kill the other guy.

No gloves. No bullshit. Just Bas.

[Reply]
rico 11:19 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What the **** is this post. I don't even..... Jesus.

I missed this 2 years ago (random bump?), but it is quite the interesting question. Tyson was a ****ing marvel. I mean Christ. He was just a ****ing animal. An insanely fast, brutal, mean son of a bitch.

Now, there is a lot of shit that martial artists do that is absolutely devastating, and that can offset size difference on normal people. Tyson was not a normal dude. He was a ravenous animal. I've spent (thankfully a small amount of) time around livestock, and even cows or pigs, there isn't really much to offset tremendous physical size/power. 235 pound pig says "I ain't going." He ain't ****ing going. What's worse is if he says he is going, and dump trucks your ass because he wants back in the pen with his buddies. You have use panels and corral them, they'll just run right through you. You can knock them ****ers in the head with a bat and they'll just run through you.

This is the way Tyson was to a far far far more fast, explosive, angry, vicious kind of way. That power is unfathomable.

I took Lee in a close one. I think he's got the speed to stay the **** away and kick low and do the martial arts shit that Tyson isn't trained for.

I'm with the rest though, if Tyson ever even got 25% of a punch through to Lee, it'd be devastating and he probably wouldn't be able to land the next one.

I may be wrong and it may be Tyson, but it's closer than you think.
You are incorrect about Lee winning, but I know what you mean about the farm stuff...I grew up on a farm...we've always had 6-8 horses at all times. I now live 5 miles down the road from my parents and still help them out with chores, regarding it's not too cold for I have cold urticaria.

The derka derka derka stuff was a reference to that movie where Bruce Lee kicked Kareem Abdul Jabbar's ass... I don't understand "Islam" and don't want to (I'm not religious in general), so when I am at a loss, I resort to "derka derka derka." I forget the name of the movie...all Bruce Lee movies are interchangeable.
[Reply]
Sannyasi 11:19 AM 01-29-2014
CP actually thinks Bruce Lee would win? This is the dumbest shit i have ever seen in my life.
[Reply]
beach tribe 11:22 AM 01-29-2014
Just want to point out @3:35 in that Roy Jones Video watch what he does to Richard Hall.

Hall was 24-1 with 22 KOs when they fought.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:24 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
You are incorrect about Lee winning, but I know what you mean about the farm stuff...I grew up on a farm...we've always had 6-8 horses at all times. I now live 5 miles down the road from my parents and still help them out with chores, regarding it's not too cold for I have cold urticaria.

The derka derka derka stuff was a reference to that movie where Bruce Lee kicked Kareem Abdul Jabbar's ass... I don't understand "Islam" and don't want to (I'm not religious in general), so when I am at a loss, I resort to "derka derka derka." I forget the name of the movie...all Bruce Lee movies are interchangeable.
You should read more books. And travel. Read some books on the plane while you travel.
[Reply]
rico 11:25 AM 01-29-2014
[QUOTE=saphojunkie;10400422]hilarious.

Tons of wrestlers go try their hand a MMA and get the shit kicked out of them. Boxers as well. Because your experience in wrestling was one of structure and rules. Holds that aren't designed for another guy being able to hammer punch you in the face.

And you have to actually get the guy on the ground to start wrestling. Good luck "shooting" when the other guy can just knee you in the ****ing face and start elbowing you in the back of the head. Obviously, you can get guys on the ground, but it's much, much, much harder. And even then, there are counters to your wrestling holds that weren't legal in college so you never had to prepare against them.

However, the most basic rule of MMA is that anyone has a puncher's chance, and Tyson is the greatest puncher ever. I'll take Tyson at 225lbs of solid anger vs. 135 pounds. Sometimes size just makes a difference.[/QUOTE]

Nice "slam," but I do agree with the bolded part.

Yes, there are counters...I get that...but having a solid wrestling background makes you more inclined to: A.) having a nice offense, B.) Having a decent secondary game plan and C.) having a nice counter to the counters.

I never said wrestlers don't have to work to succeed in MMA... I just think they are the most likely to be successful. And it isn't close...especially when they are versatile in their skill-set (wrestling-Jiu-Jitsu-Boxing-etc.)
[Reply]
rico 11:33 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
You should read more books. And travel. Read some books on the plane while you travel.
Ok, let's make a deal. I read more books (I have a solid book collecton as it is...as shocking as that may come off to you), and I'll travel when I allow myself to become less Mr. Krabs-ish (I pinch the hell out of pennies these days)...and you stop judging me via a few paragraphs in one thread on CP (unless you have actually noticed my long-winded ass outside of this thread...many don't...which is cool, I'm not a good poster compared to many people on here, and that includes you).

I think you are perceiving me incorrectly, but I can't say I blame you 100%.
[Reply]
frankotank 11:36 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Tons of wrestlers go try their hand a MMA and get the shit kicked out of them. Boxers as well.
TRUE DAT!

Bruce Lee vs Tyson.....hell I don't know....they are two completely different animals, but I think Lee could possibly get him in a hold and break something.....but if Tyson connects with one of those monster punches....man.....just one punch and you're out to lunch!

my thinking is this....and I know many won't agree....
todays MMA ain't anything like how fighting was back in Bruce Lee's day. these dudes know striking, wrestling, and any combination of the various flavors of martial arts.
I believe there are professional MMA fighters right now that would DESTROY Bruce Lee.......real quick like!
[Reply]
rico 11:39 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by frankotank:
TRUE DAT!

Bruce Lee vs Tyson.....hell I don't know....they are two completely different animals, but I think Lee could possibly get him in a hold and break something.....but if Tyson connects with one of those monster punches....man.....just one punch and you're out to lunch!

my thinking is this....and I know many won't agree....
todays MMA ain't anything like how fighting was back in Bruce Lee's day. these dudes know striking, wrestling, and any combination of the various flavors of martial arts.
I believe there are professional MMA fighters right now that would DESTROY Bruce Lee.......real quick like!

Well yeahh.....
[Reply]
lcarus 11:44 AM 01-29-2014
It'd be interesting to see Bruce Lee in his prime in modern times. This thread gives me an idea for a fighting video game with all the legends. Like The Expendables but a MK style game.
[Reply]
loochy 11:45 AM 01-29-2014
Bwuce Wee foh suwre
[Reply]
rico 11:45 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
It'd be interesting to see Bruce Lee in his prime in modern times. This thread gives me an idea for a fighting video game with all the legends. Like The Expendables but a MK style game.
That'd be pretty cool.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:46 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
Ok, let's make a deal. I read more books (I have a solid book collecton as it is...as shocking as that may come off to you), and I'll travel when I allow myself to become less Mr. Krabs-ish (I pinch the hell out of pennies these days)...and you stop judging me via a few paragraphs in one thread on CP (unless you have actually noticed my long-winded ass outside of this thread...many don't...which is cool, I'm not a good poster compared to many people on here, and that includes you).

I think you are perceiving me incorrectly, but I can't say I blame you 100%.
My bad, didn't mean to come off as judgmental. It was a joke, but preceded by my disagreeing with you, so yeah... that just sounded wrong. Apologies.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:46 AM 01-29-2014
They have weight classes in most fighting sports for a reason folks.
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:50 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Strongside:
The one that's always intrigued me is Ali vs Tyson. The prototype fight for power against speed. I would give my left nut to see that fight.

Then watch Ali/Foreman. Foreman's power was legendary. Even as a freaking old man he had incredible power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55AasOJZzDE
[Reply]
Page 20 of 82
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Up