ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 460
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:20 PM 08-18-2008
Well, my golf season officially came to a close today.

Played yesterday afternoon with my wife and 2 friends. Started slow, but really played well on the backside, only to **** up my wrist on 18.

Was in a bunker 50 yards from the green, a couple of feet from the bunker face. Thought I had enough room to clear my follow through, and didn't.

Clubface caught on the face of the bunker, and my follow through came to a complete stop. Right wrist took the shock, thought I'd actually broke it at first.

I had such a good back nine going that I couldn't quit just a few strokes from posting a score, so I chipped on and putted out with one hand.

Anyway, saw the doc today, and while there's no break, he's worried there's damage to a tendon and/or the tendon sheath. 3 weeks in an immobilizer, if no better, then a trip to the orthopedic.

And it's a bitch to type with, too.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:34 PM 08-18-2008
Ouch. Sorry to hear that man. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
[Reply]
smittysbar 08:50 PM 08-18-2008
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:

Played yesterday afternoon with my wife and 2 friends. Started slow, but really played well on the backside, only to **** up my wrist on 18.

Was in a bunker 50 yards from the green, a couple of feet from the bunker face. Thought I had enough room to clear my follow through, and didn't.

Clubface caught on the face of the bunker, and my follow through came to a complete stop. Right wrist took the shock, thought I'd actually broke it at first.

I had such a good back nine going that I couldn't quit just a few strokes from posting a score, so I chipped on and putted out with one hand.

Anyway, saw the doc today, and while there's no break, he's worried there's damage to a tendon and/or the tendon sheath. 3 weeks in an immobilizer, if no better, then a trip to the orthopedic.

Man that sucks man.

Played in a tourney last weekend, we shot 13 under. 3rd in Champ. We struggled on short approach shots. Have the Ryder Cup match against Brookfield Country Club this weekend. I need to practice this week, but looks like it is going to be hard to fit in :-)
[Reply]
Skip Towne 10:38 PM 08-18-2008

Find a good chiropractor.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:57 AM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
Find a good chiropractor.
Luckily for me, one of my best friends is a Chiropractor.

I'm set in that department...
[Reply]
007 04:30 AM 08-19-2008
Luckily for me, one of my best friends is a Chiropractor.

I'm set in that department...
No fair!!!:-)
[Reply]
smittysbar 02:25 PM 08-24-2008
Well, had our Ryder Cup yesterday against Brookfield. We won. In the best ball format I finished up 4 and 3. In alternate shot we halved, and Individual I lost 2 and 1. Should have won but got the shanks on a few shots, killed me! But all in all (team wise) we handed them the most lop sided loss since it has started. Lots of fun had by all, can't wait until next year.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:55 PM 08-29-2008
If I'm lucky enough to make it to the BMW in 3 weeks here in STL, I'll be rooting for Harrington.

(Assuming he plays...)
God, it's good to know important people...

One of our best friends' biggest client is BMW - and he just hooked me up with 2 passes for Monday's practice round and ProAm, as well as 2 passes for Moving Day. (Saturday)

Cannot.

****ing.

Wait.
[Reply]
Stewie 03:11 PM 08-29-2008
God, it's good to know important people...

One of our best friends' biggest client is BMW - and he just hooked me up with 2 passes for Monday's practice round and ProAm, as well as 2 passes for Moving Day. (Saturday)

Cannot.

****ing.

Wait.
Would you be so kind as to make sure the pros can ****ing speak English? [/LPGA]
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:12 PM 08-29-2008
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Would you be so kind as to make sure the pros can ****ing speak English? [/LPGA]
:-)
[Reply]
smittysbar 04:09 AM 08-30-2008
Originally Posted by Stewie:
5 o'clock and still made me laugh :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 06:55 PM 08-31-2008
Played today. First time in over 2 weeks. Shot a 41. 6 Pars (several missed birdies) - 1 double bogey - 2 bogey.

I'm only going to play every other week from now on
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:37 PM 08-31-2008
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
Should have won but got the [don't ever say this f*cking word in a golf thread] on a few shots, killed me! But all in all (team wise) we handed them the most lop sided loss since it has started. Lots of fun had by all, can't wait until next year.
FYP.
[Reply]
smittysbar 11:22 AM 09-02-2008
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
FYP.
[Reply]
kstater 11:26 AM 09-02-2008
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
I'm almost through with a two week self imposed ban because I got the *****. Bad. Really bad. Walk off the course twice in a week bad. Shot 57 in 9 holes bad(12 handicap). Plan on hitting a bucket Friday and going from there.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 460
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Up