ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 382 of 383
« First < 282332372378379380381382 383 >
The Lounge>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
RedRaider56 02:58 PM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Had no idea. Good genes.
Yeah, she's pretty fine.

Dustin actually credits Wayne Gretzky for helping him with the mental part of the game.
[Reply]
philfree 05:57 PM 12-12-2020
Five to six years ago when I bought my irons I was having a hard time adjusting to the new wedges. I ended up using my old PW and SW for a year but in year two because the faces of my PW and SW from my old set o MP-14s were worn off I switched to using the new ones. I never have been able to adjust and it's killed my short game. So now I've ordered a new SW. I'm reverting back to my youth when I was a Hogan guy. Hogan has been down since then but I think they've made a small comeback. I ordered one of the new Equalizer SWs with 56* loft. I can't wait to get it. I also sent them a message asking if I could order just the PW that comes with the set of ICON irons. Back in the day that was the original Equalizer. When I was young I could do a lot with my Equalizer. It was a great utility club. I never needed a third wedge. That just seemed silly to me. I tried the three wedge thing and just ended up with three wedges I couldn't use. Hopefully I can get the PW from the ICONs and it will be like the old Equalizer. Then maybe I can get my short game back. I loved those old Hogan Apex irons from back in the day. The persimmon headed woods were awesome too. And beautiful!
[Reply]
srvy 09:06 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
Five to six years ago when I bought my irons I was having a hard time adjusting to the new wedges. I ended up using my old PW and SW for a year but in year two because the faces of my PW and SW from my old set o MP-14s were worn off I switched to using the new ones. I never have been able to adjust and it's killed my short game. So now I've ordered a new SW. I'm reverting back to my youth when I was a Hogan guy. Hogan has been down since then but I think they've made a small comeback. I ordered one of the new Equalizer SWs with 56* loft. I can't wait to get it. I also sent them a message asking if I could order just the PW that comes with the set of ICON irons. Back in the day that was the original Equalizer. When I was young I could do a lot with my Equalizer. It was a great utility club. I never needed a third wedge. That just seemed silly to me. I tried the three wedge thing and just ended up with three wedges I couldn't use. Hopefully I can get the PW from the ICONs and it will be like the old Equalizer. Then maybe I can get my short game back. I loved those old Hogan Apex irons from back in the day. The persimmon headed woods were awesome too. And beautiful!
You should be able to get those old wedges regrooved faced and chromed be like new. And your right Hogan made some of the finest clubs out there that weren't custom. My old childhood friend's Dad played Hogan Apex irons and he sold me his old PGA Vip's. Dad reshafted them for me and played those thru HS. When game improvement clubs came out I bought a set of Hogan Magnums and played some of my best golf with those but didn't have the feel of blades. I got wild hair and bought Ping Eye II pre bans. Didn't play as well and the same no real feel at all. When Hogan introduced the Edge GS I was all over that and love them to this day. I have tried to replace but always go back. I really hope Hogan makes a serious comeback they were so good in the day.
[Reply]
philfree 11:00 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
You should be able to get those old wedges regrooved faced and chromed be like new. And your right Hogan made some of the finest clubs out there that weren't custom. My old childhood friend's Dad played Hogan Apex irons and he sold me his old PGA Vip's. Dad reshafted them for me and played those thru HS. When game improvement clubs came out I bought a set of Hogan Magnums and played some of my best golf with those but didn't have the feel of blades. I got wild hair and bought Ping Eye II pre bans. Didn't play as well and the same no real feel at all. When Hogan introduced the Edge GS I was all over that and love them to this day. I have tried to replace but always go back. I really hope Hogan makes a serious comeback they were so good in the day.
https://benhogangolf.com/
[Reply]
BWillie 11:54 AM 12-14-2020
Does anyone have any tips for golfing in 35-55 degree temps? Currently I just don't do it, but I've becoming somewhat of a golf nut again and I'd like to get out. I saw some carts out at the National Golf Club in Parkville when I drove by this weekend and I was thinking about how nuts they must be to golf in 35 degrees.

But it got me to thinking. If one was able to have a cart with an enclosed heated interior, not have to play cart path only, have a jacket and winter golf glovers perhaps it would be doable. What things are must haves for cold golf? I've heard of "winter golf gloves" but never used them myself.
[Reply]
philfree 12:17 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Does anyone have any tips for golfing in 35-55 degree temps? Currently I just don't do it, but I've becoming somewhat of a golf nut again and I'd like to get out. I saw some carts out at the National Golf Club in Parkville when I drove by this weekend and I was thinking about how nuts they must be to golf in 35 degrees.

But it got me to thinking. If one was able to have a cart with an enclosed heated interior, not have to play cart path only, have a jacket and winter golf glovers perhaps it would be doable. What things are must haves for cold golf? I've heard of "winter golf gloves" but never used them myself.
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bes...s-hand-warmers

I never was much of a cold weather player but I know they make a portable heater which works in an enclosed golf cart.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:17 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Does anyone have any tips for golfing in 35-55 degree temps? Currently I just don't do it, but I've becoming somewhat of a golf nut again and I'd like to get out. I saw some carts out at the National Golf Club in Parkville when I drove by this weekend and I was thinking about how nuts they must be to golf in 35 degrees.

But it got me to thinking. If one was able to have a cart with an enclosed heated interior, not have to play cart path only, have a jacket and winter golf glovers perhaps it would be doable. What things are must haves for cold golf? I've heard of "winter golf gloves" but never used them myself.
Top Golf...
[Reply]
BWillie 12:21 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Top Golf...
$35 an hour for a pay not really worth it but I hear the bays are kind of heated so I might have to try that. I've been go Top Golf once and it was summer. I have a golf simulator in my house so not much value for me. I'd like to get on an actual course.

Originally Posted by philfree:
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bes...s-hand-warmers

I never was much of a cold weather player but I know they make a portable heater which works in an enclosed golf cart.
Bookmarked. Seems like lots of good info. Maybe I can get some of these goodies for xmas. I see those guys with the plastic enclosure on their carts but I don't own a cart myself. Wonder if there is something inexpensive I can bring myself and utilize a heater when using one of their carts. Some courses aren't even open open to provide a cart this time a year though.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:27 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
$35 an hour for a pay not really worth it but I hear the bays are kind of heated so I might have to try that. I've been go Top Golf once and it was summer. I have a golf simulator in my house so not much value for me. I'd like to get on an actual course.



Bookmarked. Seems like lots of good info. Maybe I can get some of these goodies for xmas. I see those guys with the plastic enclosure on their carts but I don't own a cart myself. Wonder if there is something inexpensive I can bring myself and utilize a heater when using one of their carts. Some courses aren't even open open to provide a cart this time a year though.
The $35 for the bay is the least of your costs... But the food and drink is very good. We love going. It's not real golf, but it'll due during these very cold months.
[Reply]
philfree 12:44 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
$35 an hour for a pay not really worth it but I hear the bays are kind of heated so I might have to try that. I've been go Top Golf once and it was summer. I have a golf simulator in my house so not much value for me. I'd like to get on an actual course.



Bookmarked. Seems like lots of good info. Maybe I can get some of these goodies for xmas. I see those guys with the plastic enclosure on their carts but I don't own a cart myself. Wonder if there is something inexpensive I can bring myself and utilize a heater when using one of their carts. Some courses aren't even open open to provide a cart this time a year though.
Some courses/CCs will have a limited number of enclosed carts for winter. Also I bet they make enclosures that one can put on and take off fairly easy.

Might look here https://www.nationalgolfcartcovers.c...nclosures.html
[Reply]
srvy 12:48 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Does anyone have any tips for golfing in 35-55 degree temps? Currently I just don't do it, but I've becoming somewhat of a golf nut again and I'd like to get out. I saw some carts out at the National Golf Club in Parkville when I drove by this weekend and I was thinking about how nuts they must be to golf in 35 degrees.

But it got me to thinking. If one was able to have a cart with an enclosed heated interior, not have to play cart path only, have a jacket and winter golf glovers perhaps it would be doable. What things are must haves for cold golf? I've heard of "winter golf gloves" but never used them myself.
Played a lot of winter golf and number one walking keeps you warm don't get too bulky with clothing. Those winter golf gloves work but keep a heavy pair while walking to the ball. Stay in bed till the sun melts off any frost on the greens as the marshall won't let you play till then. Sometimes the ball won't hold the green and almost requires British style run it up to the green. Oh, definitely a good stocking hat with a tight weave, not those wind whistler Walmart specials. Also those light spandex neck warmers you can pull over your face as the wind can frostbite tender nonweather conditioned skin.

Winter golf is a lot of fun because of light crowds and you can speed golf. Also ignore your score low rounds are rare.
[Reply]
scho63 01:23 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Does anyone have any tips for golfing in 35-55 degree temps?
That's a crazy variable you're asking.

I can golf in shorts when it's 55 and sunny. I need a winter parka and gloves when it's 35 and cloudy. If it's 35 when you start and warms to 55, stop making tee times so early.

Under a certain temperature, golf is a waste. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 01:26 PM 12-14-2020
Golfing like this sucks..........



[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:04 PM 12-14-2020
When I lived up north I could play with temps in the 42 to 46 degree range if there was no wind. The wind is the big killer, my eyes would water and I couldn't see the ball clearly enough to make good contact. It's a calm day and 45 degrees, get a pair of Weather Soft gloves by Footjoy for about $20 and they really help. I didn't think I could golf with gloves on both hands, but I found it was no problem and I even use an interlocking grip. Now I'm spoiled, I golfed last Saturday and it was 70 degrees and I wore a long sleeve Under Armor top under my golf shirt. I shot really a good round, 2 birdies, 3 pars and 4 bogies for a 38. Couldn't play a back nine, it got too dark.


[Reply]
Dartgod 02:11 PM 12-14-2020
I've been considering gearing up for playing in "less than ideal" conditions. I would have never considered playing when it's too cold to wear shorts, but I was asked to play in Minor Park's Fall Fun scramble and the temps were in the 30's. I had a lot of fun and got me to thinking that if I had the right gear, I could easily golf when the temps are in the mid to upper 40's. I put a few things on my Christmas list.
[Reply]
Page 382 of 383
« First < 282332372378379380381382 383 >
Up