ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 377 of 460
« First < 277327367373374375376377 378379380381387427 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:39 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I played again yesterday and tried the 7 wood one time, I'm finding it's much harder to hit. I used the 3 and 4 hybrid a lot with no problems, I might just end up selling it on eBay. I was looking for more height in shots to the green. I use to carry a 4 wood and I reached a par 5 that was 240 on my second shot a couple of times, I don't know why I sold that club, I might go back to that. Over on golfwrx a lot guys like the 4 wood, it's a good combination of the height of the 5 and the length of the 3, that's why I tried it.
Most recreational players should carry a 4-wood instead of a 3-wood, IMO. You lose a few yards, but it's much easier to launch.

I play a weird setup where I have a 5-wood set open to lower the loft and promote more of a fade. Plays like a 4-wood as a result. My 3-wood is more like a second driver with a bigger head and a Ti face. To be honest, I'd probably be better off shelving it for a gap wedge.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:21 AM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Skytrak golf simulator. Can probably get one for about $5,000 altogether including launch monitor, projector, mats and netting.

Yay or nay? Anyone have experiences?

My dad has a simulator set up in his garage. It's tough to get it calibrated and I'm not sure we ever really did. It's fun to play on but we haven't gotten as much use out of it as I thought we would.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:36 AM 08-18-2020
Skytrak golf simulator. Can probably get one for about $5,000 altogether including launch monitor, projector, mats and netting.

Yay or nay? Anyone have experiences?

If I had the room and the resources ($$$) I would absolutely have something like that.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:27 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
My dad has a simulator set up in his garage. It's tough to get it calibrated and I'm not sure we ever really did. It's fun to play on but we haven't gotten as much use out of it as I thought we would.
Do you know what launch monitor he has?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:33 PM 08-18-2020
Tried swinging like this today during my round. Was hitting it 15 yards further but it was going all over hell. Just need to make sure you maintain your spine angle and turn more than sway. Helps get your hands as high as possible on the backswing.

Drove one 325 and also actually drove it over the green on an uphill 307 par 4. Interested if I can swing 120 mph now like this. Need to find a simulator. Give it a shot at the local wide open muni.

[Reply]
Monticore 05:47 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Most recreational players should carry a 4-wood instead of a 3-wood, IMO. You lose a few yards, but it's much easier to launch.

I play a weird setup where I have a 5-wood set open to lower the loft and promote more of a fade. Plays like a 4-wood as a result. My 3-wood is more like a second driver with a bigger head and a Ti face. To be honest, I'd probably be better off shelving it for a gap wedge.
I shelved the 3 wood a long time ago , I carry 2 hybrid, 3-p(46), 50-56-60 wedges , I haven't hit a fairway wood in 25 years and never missed it , I bought a 15 degree 3 wood few years ago but I never have it in the bag I use those 4 wedges way more than I would need a 3 wood .
[Reply]
BWillie 10:07 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

Just hit a 470cc driver off the deck like a boss. If you swing 130 mph it will go in the air.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:31 AM 08-19-2020
Just hit a 470cc driver off the deck like a boss. If you swing 130 mph it will go in the air.
I've tried that twice. The first time wasn't a complete disaster. The second time was. There won't be a third.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:04 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I've tried that twice. The first time wasn't a complete disaster. The second time was. There won't be a third.
Hahah yeah I like to try it, but it never works. If your shot is downhill and you have a perfect lie you can sometimes get away with it.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:50 PM 08-19-2020
Hahah yeah I like to try it, but it never works. If your shot is downhill and you have a perfect lie you can sometimes get away with it.
If your goal is to skip it across the water hazard it works great.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:02 AM 08-21-2020
Not sure if any of you are gamers as well as golfers, but I'm downloading this and giving it a shot this weekend.

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:31 PM 08-30-2020
What a couple of puts that was!!! Johnson made a hell of a put to force the playoff and then Rahm drains that 60+ footer to win it. Just amazing. These guys are good.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:06 PM 08-30-2020
Eleven under over the last 37 holes on that course was pretty amazing golf by Rahm.
[Reply]
philfree 10:08 PM 09-01-2020
First night in the new house within the CC. I'll be to busy and hungover to do golf tomorrow but Thursday I'll be on the course, the range the quality short game facility. I've played on AVG to shit courses for way to long so I'm stoked!
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:50 PM 09-11-2020
My clubs are FINALLY ready (most of them anyway)! The 4 iron head is on back order and they are waiting on a shaft for one of the wedges. I'm heading out in about 45 minutes to pick them up.

It's been a loooong wait. I have my Church's scramble tournament tomorrow morning, so I'll get to put them to immediate use.
[Reply]
Page 377 of 460
« First < 277327367373374375376377 378379380381387427 > Last »
Up