ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 459
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Jerm 05:22 PM 08-16-2009
God could CBS have kissed Tiger's ass any more or made any more excuses for him?

Holy Jesus.

I know all the networks do it but yesterday and today was nauseating to say the least.

It's shit like that causes people to root against Tiger.

Big ups to Yang, had has got balls...that shot on #18 was nuts. For once, Tiger and not the players surrounding him choked. It was shocking to see TBH.
[Reply]
JD10367 05:26 PM 08-16-2009
Originally Posted by Jerm:
God could CBS have kissed Tiger's ass any more or made any more excuses for him?

Holy Jesus.

I know all the networks do it but yesterday and today was nauseating to say the least.

It's shit like that causes people to root against Tiger.
That, plus a couple of other things: #1, we like to root for the underdogs and the rags-to-riches stories, and #2, we hate it when one player/team becomes so dominant that they make the sport boring. It's the reason why my Patriots were beloved in 2001 when they were upstarts and beat the Rams, and everyone loved Tom Brady the 6th-round nobody, but three years later every non-Patriots fan was sick of them and sick of Brady. Same thing happened to Dallas a few decades back, and Michael Jordan a bit. The Yankees also get a lot of the hatred for it as well. Montreal in hockey got it when they were dominant; the Celtics, back in Bill Russell's day; even Michael Phelps is already getting a little of it. When Tiger was a young phenom, and making inroads as a black golfer, it was a great story; now that aspect has worn off, and he's just a guy who kicks the living sh*t out of most opponents, and it makes it boring. The only thing better to people than a meteoric rise, is the decline...
[Reply]
kstater 05:29 PM 08-16-2009
Originally Posted by Jerm:
To be fair, Tiger has made CBS, NBC etc and every golfer on tour boatloads of money.
[Reply]
Reaper16 05:30 PM 08-16-2009
Tiger didn't choke this outcome away. Sure, he choked on the last two holes trying to make something happen, but that's because Yang had outplayed him. Tiger played well today, barely-missed a few birdie putts, and had his opponent play a better round. No shame in Tiger's day.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:18 PM 08-16-2009
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Tiger didn't choke this outcome away. Sure, he choked on the last two holes trying to make something happen, but that's because Yang had outplayed him. Tiger played well today, barely-missed a few birdie putts, and had his opponent play a better round. No shame in Tiger's day.
He had more bogeys today than he had the first three rounds combined. When you are ranked number 1 in the world that is choking.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:05 PM 08-16-2009
If Phil Mickelson had played like Tiger did yesterday and today, everyone would be calling it a choke.

Yang played a great round but Tiger gave him a chance.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
PastorMikH 09:02 PM 08-18-2009
Was out playing today when rain sent us back to the club house. While there waiting for the rain to stop I start messing around with putters. (Just bought a used Ping Pal4 from them a few weeks back). Anyhow, I'm toying around with the putters, fall absolutely in love with a new Ping I series Anser putter with the face insert. I'm hitting a chair leg with a golf ball consistently from 15 feet away across carpet. Ask the pro shop guy what kind of trade he'd give me on the putter I bought from him a few weeks back. He's not interested in trading but says he'll make me a deal. (side note, I find a lot of golf balls and the guy that runs the proshop is pretty cool about giving me tips and has a great short game so whenever I find top grade ProV1s I give them to him telling him I'm not worthy of hitting a ProV1 that is that nice). Anyhow I ask what kind of price he has in mind. He shoots me a number that is between a third and half of his taged price.

It's in my bag and it putts GREAT!
[Reply]
Skip Towne 09:29 PM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
Was out playing today when rain sent us back to the club house. While there waiting for the rain to stop I start messing around with putters. (Just bought a used Ping Pal4 from them a few weeks back). Anyhow, I'm toying around with the putters, fall absolutely in love with a new Ping I series Anser putter with the face insert. I'm hitting a chair leg with a golf ball consistently from 15 feet away across carpet. Ask the pro shop guy what kind of trade he'd give me on the putter I bought from him a few weeks back. He's not interested in trading but says he'll make me a deal. (side note, I find a lot of golf balls and the guy that runs the proshop is pretty cool about giving me tips and has a great short game so whenever I find top grade ProV1s I give them to him telling him I'm not worthy of hitting a ProV1 that is that nice). Anyhow I ask what kind of price he has in mind. He shoots me a number that is between a third and half of his taged price.

It's in my bag and it putts GREAT!
Of course I prefer some putters over others but a good putter can use any of them. Reading greens is the most important part of making putts. If you don't know how to plumb bob get someone to show you how. Going straight back and straight through with the putter is crucial. Use a range ball with a stripe or paint a stripe on a ball and set the stripe straight up and down. If the stripe wobbles you are cutting the ball.
[Reply]
kstater 03:54 PM 08-30-2009
I swear everytime Tiger is up the leaderboard everyone shits themselves. Stricker and no-name both have 120 yard up and downs to save par on 18.
[Reply]
kstater 04:00 PM 08-30-2009
Nice putt by Slocum
[Reply]
Jerm 10:12 PM 09-03-2009
Figured this thread needed a bump.

Anyone played at River Oaks in Grandview?

Pretty close to me and I've heard good things about it...my dad wants to get out and play a couple of times in the next few days, just thought about that course.

Looking for somewhere to join too, heard it wasn't that expensive.
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:48 PM 09-17-2009
I can't believe my golfing today. I am still pumped about it.

We played Roman Nose State Park today. I hit a 25 ft putt (first time ever). I also birdied a par 3 (first birdie ever). I nailed my drive (8 iron) within three ft of the hole.

Roman Nose is a badass golf course.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 11:03 PM 09-17-2009
Originally Posted by Dunit35:

We played Roman Nose State Park today. I hit a 25 ft putt (first time ever). I also birdied a par 3 (first birdie ever). I nailed my drive (8 iron) within three ft of the hole.

Good for you. Is that in Alva?
[Reply]
smittysbar 09:21 AM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by Dunit35:

Good job! It's that kind of shit that hooks you to the game. :-)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:18 AM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
Good job! It's that kind of shit that hooks you to the game. :-)
That and lots of booze, joints, and driving golf carts under the influence.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 459
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Up