ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2021: QB Trey Lance, NDSU
Dante84 04:30 PM 09-30-2020
I usually don't focus much further than the current year, so I'm just now having this guy hit my radar. Holy shit... this kid looks great. Hoping he ends up in NFC.

Article from Terez:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 05:53 PM 09-30-2020
He’s a significantly better prospect than Fields IMO. He’s in my top 5 overall.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:01 PM 10-01-2020
His stats are pretty interesting.

He played a little QB his junior year of high school and then his senior year at Marshall Minnesota High School, in 9 games, he threw for 12 TDs, 1,229 yards and ran for 512 yards and 7 TDs. Not the kind of stats that usually gets you into a top DIV I football school.

After a mostly red shirt year at North Dakota State University, Lance has really taken advantage of his opportunities there. He has gained 30 pounds of muscle and his first full year of playing college ball has been spectacular.

At 6'4", 227 pounds he ran for 1,100 yards and 14 TDs. He passed for 2,786 yards and 28 TDs with 0 interceptions. Because of the NDSU success and winning, his stats were in 16 games.

His zero interceptions is pretty amazing. In watching the highlights that was posted, it is hard to find a catch where the receiver was not open by at least 5 yards. I guess that shows the receivers being good, the defense being not so good, or Lance being able to find the open man.

QB Trey Lance will be a good one to follow and see where he ends up in the NFL.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:03 PM 10-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s a significantly better prospect than Fields IMO. He’s in my top 5 overall.
Agreed. I don't quite understand the love affair with Justin Fields.

Like, he's good. He's a 1st round pick for sure, and yeah, a team might draft him above Lance, but probably only because they feel like they don't have that much of a sample size to go off of with Lance.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:22 PM 10-01-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
His stats are pretty interesting.

He played a little QB his junior year of high school and then his senior year at Marshall Minnesota High School, in 9 games, he threw for 12 TDs, 1,229 yards and ran for 512 yards and 7 TDs. Not the kind of stats that usually gets you into a top DIV I football school.

After a mostly red shirt year at North Dakota State University, Lance has really taken advantage of his opportunities there. He has gained 30 pounds of muscle and his first full year of playing college ball has been spectacular.

At 6'4", 227 pounds he ran for 1,100 yards and 14 TDs. He passed for 2,786 yards and 28 TDs with 0 interceptions. Because of the NDSU success and winning, his stats were in 16 games.

His zero interceptions is pretty amazing. In watching the highlights that was posted, it is hard to find a catch where the receiver was not open by at least 5 yards. I guess that shows the receivers being good, the defense being not so good, or Lance being able to find the open man.

QB Trey Lance will be a good one to follow and see where he ends up in the NFL.
What stood out to me in the highlights (i know, highlights) was the actual ball placement and accuracy. He didn't just hit receivers, he hit them in stride, where the ball's ideal location should be.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 01:52 PM 10-30-2020
From that highlight film, it looks like someone cloned Mahomes. I'd have to watch some complete game films to really evaluate him. So far he looks like the real deal.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:17 PM 10-30-2020
He is fun to watch. I have seen many NDSU games. Kid 1 goes there.

I think the looks like one of those blow up thingies that you would see in front of a store to get your attention. Not meant to be mean. Very flexible. Mobile.

Just remember-NDSU is scripted, deliberate football. With beef on the lines to totally dominate both sides of the ball. They have big backs with no regard for themselves. Will run over you like the bison they represent.

He knows what to do, when to do it, and where to throw it. That is how NDSU does things.

I have seen him do some improvisation. It would be interesting to see what happens when he is under real pressure and a crappy O-coord.

Amazing he could be #1. Not sure if he is going to play this spring or not.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:50 PM 10-30-2020
Hope he goes to Washington. Rivera is a great coach and an excellent person. Would love to see him get a quality QB like this with his elite pass rush.
[Reply]
Sorry 12:35 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hope he goes to Washington. Rivera is a great coach and an excellent person. Would love to see him get a quality QB like this with his elite pass rush.
washington is terrible but i think Rivera is the guy to lead them outta the swamp two years from now.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:06 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
He is fun to watch. I have seen many NDSU games. Kid 1 goes there.

I think the looks like one of those blow up thingies that you would see in front of a store to get your attention. Not meant to be mean. Very flexible. Mobile.

Just remember-NDSU is scripted, deliberate football. With beef on the lines to totally dominate both sides of the ball. They have big backs with no regard for themselves. Will run over you like the bison they represent.

He knows what to do, when to do it, and where to throw it. That is how NDSU does things.

I have seen him do some improvisation. It would be interesting to see what happens when he is under real pressure and a crappy O-coord.

Amazing he could be #1. Not sure if he is going to play this spring or not.
He already declared for the draft so he won't be playing in the spring.
[Reply]
milkshock 08:38 AM 11-05-2020
An excellent prospect. Wish him well in the pros.
[Reply]
Up