ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 39
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
loochy 11:25 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Cool. My dad is an ice cream junkie and I'm sure he'd love that.

Another positive with this diet is it gives me an excuse to try new recipes that I might have otherwise overlooked.

My wife calls it my "gutbuster". I'll down one before we go to a party or family gathering. It's a good way to ensure I don't gorge on junk.

If you want recipies, try Greg Doucette's cookbook. It's expensive, but the stuff in it really is tasty.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:23 PM 05-11-2021
I havent worked out in 4 days :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:24 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'm trying to get there. I've been cutting since early February, so that's 13 weeks. I've been on a calorie controlled diet at approxmiately 2,200 calories (some days a bit more because I get snacky). Protein is high, but I'm not really counting macros, just "lots of protein" while keeping calories in check. I'm eating 4 meals a day from a prep meal service and the other meal is up to me, plus a couple of snacks. My extra meal is usually anabolic french toast or 8 egg whites and oatmeal. Snacks are diet soda, smart pop popcorn, and sugar free jello.

I've made good progress - I'm down from a high of 227 lbs on Feb 2nd to 192 lbs yesterday. This is taking longer (and more weight lost) than I expected to get to the BF% I'd like to be at. However, I've kept a majority of my strength and I still get good pumps in the gym.

The best part, though, is that I've done this all through diet. That's right - I've done ZERO cardio. I've kept lifting the same as I did before, which is a 5 day split lifting generally heavy-ish (6-8 rep range on compounds). I've been taking ECA twice a day for energy and appetite suppression. I'm saving the cardio and some other fat burners for when the fat gets REALLY stubborn (it's looking like my love handles and lower outside chest will be the last to go). So far it's going well and steady, but I may start some cardio soon.

Sorry about the potato camera pic. Dark lighting + small mirror = potato pic.

Damn you sexy for some reason I thought you were fat. Good work dude
[Reply]
lewdog 01:29 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Damn you sexy for some reason I thought you were fat. Good work dude
Loochy ain’t.

That’s your mirror, bro. Get on it Billay. Calories 2200-2400.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:19 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Loochy ain’t.

That’s your mirror, bro. Get on it Billay. Calories 2200-2400.
That's what I'm doing daddy
[Reply]
olout 05-14-2021, 12:18 AM
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
loochy 09:00 AM 05-14-2021
I still haven't been able to share the awesomely equipped home gym with anyone that would appreciate it, so I'll share here. Never again will I miss a gym day - not for a holiday, not because I had to do something with the family during the day, not because of work, not because of a stupid virus...

-Rubber tile floor for good grip and tossing things on the floor
-Mirrored walls to check form
-Titan rack with tons of attachments
-Plenty of weight plates to do even max deadlifts
-Ironmaster dumbbells that go up to 120lbs each
-Awesome treadmill

[Reply]
Shoes 09:07 AM 05-14-2021
My wife calls it my "gutbuster". I'll down one before we go to a party or family gathering. It's a good way to ensure I don't gorge on junk.

If you want recipies, try Greg Doucette's cookbook. It's expensive, but the stuff in it really is tasty.
Greg Doucette's french toast is the tits
[Reply]
loochy 09:09 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Greg Doucette's french toast is the tits

Yup! It's so quick and easy - I'll make a large batch of the egg mixture and I keep it in the fridge so I can make french toast for about 4 days.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:46 AM 05-14-2021
I still haven't been able to share the awesomely equipped home gym with anyone that would appreciate it, so I'll share here. Never again will I miss a gym day - not for a holiday, not because I had to do something with the family during the day, not because of work, not because of a stupid virus...

-Awesome treadmill
Great attitude to have with your determination to get a workout in every day. I usually workout at least 5-days a week. It's a great habit to have.
[Reply]
Tnerped 10:09 AM 05-14-2021
Anyone else with a terrible food addiction? My issue is I love food and even drinking 2 gallons of water a day does nothing to curb my want for food/sweets. Going to the gym 5 days a week and obviously it won't do me a bit of good if I can't stop eating.

Any suggestions?
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:16 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Tnerped:
Anyone else with a terrible food addiction? My issue is I love food and even drinking 2 gallons of water a day does nothing to curb my want for food/sweets. Going to the gym 5 days a week and obviously it won't do me a bit of good if I can't stop eating.

Any suggestions?

It's a tough habit to break. I love sweets too so I'm not sure I'm the best person to ask or maybe I am.

I think the first step is removing temptation. Get this shit out of your house. Sweets, cokes, candy, and chips. Yeah it sucks to throw away money, but you KNOW you are going to pig out on this stuff and then buy more. It will cost you a lot more in the long run.

Like I said, I love sweets. No matter how much I've eaten there is always room for something sugary. Hell, there are some times when I'd rather eat sweets than an actual meal.

Here's the thing - I don't think sweets are the hardest habit to break. I found that if I can avoid them for just a few days nearly all of my cravings will go away. IMO, the more of this stuff you eat the more of it you will want. It's a never ending cycle. And it leads you to eating a lot of other stuff that you don't want because the sugar seems to make you feel even hungrier.

1) Ditch all of the unhealthiest foods in your house.

2) Find something to occupy your mind. Anything. I don't care if it's sitting on your ass playing video games, it's still better than snacking yourself to death. If you can do this for a few days I think most of your worst cravings will pass.

3) Starvation diets work. But, for me, they always boomerang on me. I'll starve myself till I lose the weight but I have been hungry for so long that food is all that I can think about. Of course I eventually gain all the weight back.

4) Make a list of all the healthy things you like to eat. Vegetables, lean meats etc. You don't have to cut out everything you like - you just need to change portion sizes and find healthier ways of preparing your meals. Sides are also very important. Cutting out fries, chips, and various other high calorie filler foods will be a big step.

5) Variety is key. Eating the same 2 or 3 low cal meals every day leads to burn out. Don't be afraid to buy new healthier foods that you've never tried before. Some of them will suck and be a waste of money, but I guarantee you will save a lot of money in the long run.

6) Exercise. I don't think this is essential, but it will help. Not everybody is a gym rat. I sure as hell ain't. If you really think you will make use of a gym or expensive equipment that's great. I think a lot of overweight people set themselves up for failure by buying expensive equipment that they will quite using in a week or by joining gym memberships and getting discouraged because Zeus is pumping iron next to them. Go for walks. Do some yardwork. If you like playing any kind of sports, do them. Join a gym if you really think you want to. The bottom line is that you need to get off your ass.

7) Portion control. Remember what I said about getting rid of all the snacks and shit in your house? This is where it comes in handy. Cook reasonable amounts of food and don't supplement your meals with a lot of high calorie filler. Eat a portion of something that you really like, but accompany it with a salad and some low calorie side dishes. You will get full and feel better too - I promise.

8) Know what you're eating. Look at the nutritional info on the packages of food you buy. You will be surprised at how many calories you are actually eating.

9) Guilt. One of the joys of being fat is that it also makes you feel guilty. You feel like a chump for being hungry, you feel even worse after you eat. So you eat some more because at least you feel good while you're stuffing your face. Getting out of this cycle is one of the very best reason to change your lifestyle imo.

REMEMBER THIS: YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A REASON TO QUITE DIETING.

You may not lose fast enough - so you give up.
You may lose a lot of weight - so you decide you can cheat.
You may break down and pig out one day and decide that you've blown it so you might as well eat.
You may (foolishly and needlessly) starve yourself to the point that you decide that dieting just isn't worth the misery.
You may over eat to celebrate the holidays, or because you are depressed or for a million other reasons, but in the end you are just making up excuses. because you are addicted to eating.

You know that even if you lose the weight you will regain it if you go back to your old habits. You need to make a conscious decision to change your lifestyle. Eat in moderation, get a little exercise, and realize that there is really no logical reason why a person need to pig out on sweets and junk food. You didn't get fat over night and it will take some time for the weight to come off. You need to come to terms with that. Realize that you aren't on a diet - you are changing your eating habits for the better for the rest of your life.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:23 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Tnerped:

Any suggestions?
Here’s what I did.

Pick 1 bad thing that you consume regularly and give it up entirely. No cheats. Just drop it entirely.

It takes 2-3 months, but eventually you won’t miss it. It might even disgust you after long enough.

Then pick something else. Focus on that. Repeat every 3 months or so. Within a year, you’ll notice a major difference.

Over the last 6-7 years, I’ve given up:

-all pop
-energy drinks
-fries (that one was really hard)
-chips (except Veggie Straws, which I don’t even really like)
-most red meats (except on special occasion)
-breaded chicken (only grilled or baked)
-almost all candy (except very rare occasions)
-sugar in my coffee

It’s always been easiest for me to just focus on giving up 1 or 2 things at a time. Giving up several things I like makes me miserable. Much harder to commit.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:25 AM 05-14-2021
What's everyone think about planet fitness for 10 a month as a secondary gym?
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:07 PM 05-14-2021

-Awesome treadmill

I thought you did t do cardio. :-)
[Reply]
loochy 12:11 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I thought you did t do cardio. :-)
I don't. Wifey bought that with her own money...she's a runner. I'll surely get to a point soon where I do need cardio.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 39
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up