« First < 70120160166167168169170 1711721731741802202706701170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:13 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by New World Order:
and lost
The only time the Pats played at Denver was in the 2013 AFCCG and NE lost.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:28 AM 11-03-2015
That was a different Brady and they were without Gronk, IIRC.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:53 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We were without Von, Chris Harris, Wolfe, Clady, and Vickerson. Shit, I think Shaun Phillips was the best pass rusher we had during that playoff run, we have 7 pass rushers that are better than him this year.
[Reply]
TEX 08:00 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Big deal. They could have easily lost the first six before this fluke.
There's some truth to that, but I would not call the win over GB a fluke. Denver outplayed them - which was not the case in so many of their other wins. Especially against Balt, KC, Minn and Clev.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:27 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by TEX:
There's some truth to that, but I would not call the win over GB a fluke. Denver outplayed them - which was not the case in so many of their other wins. Especially against Balt, KC, Minn and Clev.
True. And, I have no idea what to expect with this offense. I don't believe the issues have been fixed. Call it perfect timing at home after a bye against an 'ok' defense, or whatever you like.

I do believe that since week 3, they've been adjusting to the new style on offense. As long as the defense continues to play at this level, anything is possible.

Adding Vernon Davis is interesting and should help, especially in the short game, but they still have concerns on the line and the RBs need to prove they are consistently getting better.

The next 3 games (@ IND, KC, @ CHI) should be wins... at the worst, they go 2-1. I say that because anything can happen on the road in Indy. They are a good team, but having some similar issues as Denver while not being near as complete on defense.

After the 10th game, they have 4 of their final 6 in Denver, which helps.

Patriots, @ Chargers, Raiders, @ Steelers, Bengals, Chargers

That's a strong final 6 games and the offense will be tested and they'll have to prove that their performance against GB was not a fluke.

Colts, Patriots, Raiders, Steelers and Bengals will all create issues for them down the stretch. Only 4 road games left, gotta go 2-2 worst case there. Right now, it's all about staying healthy - gaining consistency and playing for playoff positioning.

The NE and Bengals games are huge when you look at playoff positioning, thankfully, those are home games compared to last year.

Patriots are still the team to beat and they'll be favored in every game they play. And, if the next three weeks shake out and put both Denver and New England at 10-0 when Manning/Brady XVII happens.

Brady is 11-5 vs Manning all-time, and this will be their 5th game against each other since Manning joined the Broncos, but only the 2nd time they've played in Denver. Manning and the Broncos are 1-3 vs Brady, with the lone win coming in Denver. Manning's last 3 wins vs Brady have been on Manning's home turf. (overall, I think Brady is 4-7 lifetime in Denver) And, as long as they can avoid injury, I really like Denver's chances in that game considering the location and the play of the defense.
[Reply]
MagicHef 08:33 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They had been averaging 33 points per game after Gronk got hurt in week 13, and had just put up 43 points in the week prior to playing in Denver. That wasn't a different Brady.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:38 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Literally half their sacks came against Buffalo and Miami.

GB had more sacks than NE coming into this week, and they never even got near Peyton.
They got 13 sacks in 5 games outside of Buffalo/Miami, so that would put them on a pace for 42. That's 1 more sack than the Broncos had last year.

It's also disingenuous to compare a poor defense that gave up 500 passing yards to a Belichick defense.
[Reply]
MagicHef 08:40 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
True. And, I have no idea what to expect with this offense. I don't believe the issues have been fixed. Call it perfect timing at home after a bye against an 'ok' defense, or whatever you like.

I do believe that since week 3, they've been adjusting to the new style on offense. As long as the defense continues to play at this level, anything is possible.

Adding Vernon Davis is interesting and should help, especially in the short game, but they still have concerns on the line and the RBs need to prove they are consistently getting better.

The next 3 games (@ IND, KC, @ CHI) should be wins... at the worst, they go 2-1. I say that because anything can happen on the road in Indy. They are a good team, but having some similar issues as Denver while not being near as complete on defense.

After the 10th game, they have 4 of their final 6 in Denver, which helps.

Patriots, @ Chargers, Raiders, @ Steelers, Bengals, Chargers

That's a strong final 6 games and the offense will be tested and they'll have to prove that their performance against GB was not a fluke.

Colts, Patriots, Raiders, Steelers and Bengals will all create issues for them down the stretch. Only 4 road games left, gotta go 2-2 worst case there. Right now, it's all about staying healthy - gaining consistency and playing for playoff positioning.

The NE and Bengals games are huge when you look at playoff positioning, thankfully, those are home games compared to last year.

Patriots are still the team to beat and they'll be favored in every game they play. And, if the next three weeks shake out and put both Denver and New England at 10-0 when Manning/Brady XVII happens.

Brady is 11-5 vs Manning all-time, and this will be their 5th game against each other since Manning joined the Broncos, but only the 2nd time they've played in Denver. Manning and the Broncos are 1-3 vs Brady, with the lone win coming in Denver. Manning's last 3 wins vs Brady have been on Manning's home turf. (overall, I think Brady is 4-7 lifetime in Denver) And, as long as they can avoid injury, I really like Denver's chances in that game considering the location and the play of the defense.
Brady is 2-5 in Denver. His two wins came against Danny Kanell and Tim Tebow.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:40 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I will be making my annual Golden/Denver trip to see family. What are some good spots to hit up in Denver?
https://www.coloradopotguide.com/whe...buy-marijuana/ :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:45 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Brady is 2-5 in Denver. His two wins came against Danny Kanell and Tim Tebow.
Maybe that was just a lifetime stat I found, not just in Denver. I do recall Brady's first playoff loss was in Denver to Plummer, then they go and lose to Big Ben on their march to his first title.
[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM 11-03-2015
Apparently broncos offered up their 2016 forst round pick for Joe thomas
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:51 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
Apparently broncos offered up their 2016 forst round pick for Joe thomas
Where did you hear that? And, I'm all for it (obviously, who wouldn't be)... the guy is solid, one of the best in the game and Denver needs a LT with Clady out and Ty on IR now.
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 11-03-2015
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...53542163918848
[Reply]
RunKC 08:53 AM 11-03-2015
"The Broncos are buyers and the Browns are sellers as this afternoon’s NFL trade deadline approaches, and there has apparently been talk of the Broncos buying the Browns’ most valuable asset.

Tony Grossi of ESPNCleveland.com reports that the Browns and Broncos discussed a trade for All-Pro left tackle Joe Thomas, and the Broncos were willing to give up their 2016 first-round pick. However, the Browns wanted even more than that, also asking for the promising young linebacker Shaq Barrett, and the Broncos decided that was too much"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-joe-thomas/
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 AM 11-03-2015
Pretty dumb by the browns imo l. If you're willing to trade a star LT (dumb anyway but browns) take the first rounder
[Reply]
Page 170 of 4814
« First < 70120160166167168169170 1711721731741802202706701170 > Last »
Up