ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 209 of 301
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:22 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Zimmer......That fastball and slider combo could be deadly, but his control issues are legit. He's got to get that figured out if he's ever gonna stand a chance at this level.
[Reply]
tk13 03:24 PM 08-09-2019
I'm honestly more worried about the pitching than the hitting. We have a lot of great pitchers in the system but pitching prospects are so flaky. We already have Mondesi, Dozier, Soler and Whit who all look like legit potential All-Star caliber players. Plus we get Salvy back next year. Khalil Lee will be up next year or in 2021. Then you have a group of guys like O'Hearn, Nicky Lopez and Phillips who are still young, if even one of them hits that's another spot you have filled.

Meanwhile Keller and Junis are probably solid parts of the future, but we don't have anything certain beyond that.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 03:42 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Zimmer......That fastball and slider combo could be deadly, but his control issues are legit. He's got to get that figured out if he's ever gonna stand a chance at this level.
I'm not certain of all that Driveline had to do for getting Zimmer straightened out to pitch so that he doesn't hurt...but it could be something like TJ surgery where his command and control will show up later. Or so we should hope.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 03:50 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
I'm honestly more worried about the pitching than the hitting. We have a lot of great pitchers in the system but pitching prospects are so flaky. We already have Mondesi, Dozier, Soler and Whit who all look like legit potential All-Star caliber players. Plus we get Salvy back next year. Khalil Lee will be up next year or in 2021. Then you have a group of guys like O'Hearn, Nicky Lopez and Phillips who are still young, if even one of them hits that's another spot you have filled.

Meanwhile Keller and Junis are probably solid parts of the future, but we don't have anything certain beyond that.
Indeed. That old photo from 2011 with Danny Duffy, John Lamb, Chris Dwyer and Mike Montgomery is a nice reminder of how fickle these things can be.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:18 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Indeed. That old photo from 2011 with Danny Duffy, John Lamb, Chris Dwyer and Mike Montgomery is a nice reminder of how fickle these things can be.
Ventura really screwed the Royals over too.

What a waste of a young life.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:32 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Is Gerson Garibito (spelling?) any good?

He’s been productive and had a good curve. Hasn’t added velocity like they thought he might, though. Probably more of pen arm.

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:

Lamb - Tommy John, list some velocity and his changeup when he came back.

Duffy - inconsistent but quality major leaguer. They don’t make the playoffs in 14 without him.

Montgomery - never found consistent secondaries bud has been a solid pro.

Dwyer - developed diabetes and lost everything ... velocity, stamina, etc.

TINSTAAPP

There is no such thing as a pitching prospect
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:32 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Ventura really screwed the Royals over too.
Nah. Flags fly forever and I doubt we'd have 2014 or 2015's flags without him. His straight up balla' performance against the Jays in Game 6 discounts any notion that he "screwed us over." He outpitched Price twice that series and was stellar in the 2014 postseason (after Ned threw him into the fire in the WC game).

Ventura was incredible for the Royals while he was with the organization - and it's how I'll always remember him.

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
What a waste of a young life.
This part. Yeah, hard to escape the tragedy and wonder how many more he could have impacted in his time here. He was active in his community at home and in KC. It still hurts to think about.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:51 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Nah. Flags fly forever and I doubt we'd have 2014 or 2015's flags without him. His straight up balla' performance against the Jays in Game 6 discounts any notion that he "screwed us over." He outpitched Price twice that series and was stellar in the 2014 postseason (after Ned threw him into the fire in the WC game).

Ventura was incredible for the Royals while he was with the organization - and it's how I'll always remember him.

This part. Yeah, hard to escape the tragedy and wonder how many more he could have impacted in his time here. He was active in his community at home and in KC. It still hurts to think about.
If we would have come back and won in '14 that game 6 performance from him would have been almost as big as Gordon's HR. We had to have that game and he came out and threw an absolute gem. Hell his game 2 start was damn good too. I just remember that game 6 start, sure he walked 5, but damn that was impressive. Alot of guys choke in that situation, but not Yordano.

I loved what he did in '15, as well. He wasn't taking anyone's shit and was ready to throw down all the time. 2014 and 2015 are hands down my favorite years ever. The Royals were must watch baseball in 2015. That Royals team may have been the most fun team ever to watch.

I just hope some how, some way we can get back to winning.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:19 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
1) Witt Jr
2) Khalil Lee (AA)
3) Kyle Isbel (A+)

All better prospects with the stick than Hicklen. Phillips has too much service time to be a prospect but also is a better young potential piece than Hicklen. Could also make cases for Nick Heath.
Difficult for me to consider guys with less than 1 year of milb experience prospects, mainly because our #1 prospects have been horrible failures and they always seem to drop like a rock after a few years in the system.

I acknowledge Lee as the best prospect, but it appears we'll have a long wait for Witt Jr. Isbel has been shitting the bed since coming back from injury too. Isbel's start to Wilmington has been Prattoesque.
[Reply]
cabletech94 05:23 PM 08-09-2019
kellers head is not in the game so far.......
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:42 PM 08-09-2019
Other than the bookend Royal homers, that was a shit performance on O.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:28 PM 08-09-2019
Against the desiccated corpse of Edwin Jackson.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:14 AM 08-10-2019
The race for #1.

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:16 AM 08-10-2019
Friday night is how I figured we would have played Thursday night.
[Reply]
nychief 09:20 AM 08-10-2019
No progress whatsoever, disheartening.
[Reply]
Page 209 of 301
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259 > Last »
Up