ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 70
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 03-06-2016
There's quite a bit of info trickling out so its probably time to start a spoiler thread. I'll update with a trailer when it's available.

Trailer #1. This looks amazing!!! Darth Vader, The Emperor, Jyn (Rey's mother?), Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:47 AM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I'm just hoping they don't lighten it up too much.
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
More Darth Vader would be great, but changing the script to satisfy some family narrative would be disappointing.
Yeah, me too. The trailer is amazing, IMO, and before this report was released, I was more excited for R1 than Epi 8.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:35 PM 06-02-2016

When the movie began filming there was a lot of talk that the budget had been greatly reduced slightly before shooting meaning, more CGI would be needed. Now it looks like the movie is going to cost what it was supposed to cost from the start. The quality of the film wasn’t bad, it just needs to be better and all involved are happy to make that happen.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:44 PM 06-02-2016
Jesus 40 percent. That doesn't sound promising. Is everyone really going to give their best performance the second time around?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:45 PM 06-02-2016
That's really promising. McQuarrie has been involved with some great films!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:58 PM 06-02-2016
It really sounds like they rushed into this thing. They've had so many people work on the script and instead of waiting to shoot, they finished a film without the final screenwriter's completed script?

John Knoll created the concept, Gary Whitta was the original screenwriter and was replaced by Chris Weitz because Whitta's script didn't work. So they shoot Weitz version while McQuarrie was writing another version?

What a disaster.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:00 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by Smellway:
Is everyone really going to give their best performance the second time around?
Um, why wouldn't they? They're actors. And considering the massive changes, everything will be new to them.

Any issues can be fixed in Post by ADR, which is generally performed on blockbuster films, anyway.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:09 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It really sounds like they rushed into this thing. They've had so many people work on the script and instead of waiting to shoot, they finished a film without the final screenwriter's completed script?

John Knoll created the concept, Gary Whitta was the original screenwriter and was replaced by Chris Weitz because Whitta's script didn't work. So they shoot Weitz version while McQuarrie was writing another version?

What a disaster.
My guess is because they're "committed" to a new SW movie every year, their shooting schedules are pretty set.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:14 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
My guess is because they're "committed" to a new SW movie every year, their shooting schedules are pretty set.
Man, it's just nuts. They need to make films that are great and not stuck to some silly timeline.

It's going to be curious how well the previous footage meshes with the footage shot by Gareth Edwards and the footage shot by Christopher McQuarrie. The film has A-list talent galore and McQuarrie has been phenomenal as of late, so I'm guessing it'll be really great, but it sure didn't need to be this difficult. This report is way beyond the scope of anything that I had heard. I guess they wanted to keep a lid on it but that clearly wasn't possible.

40 freakin' percent.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:25 PM 06-02-2016
Now it's out there that Scott Z. Burns (The Bourne Ultimatum) did a pass after Chris Weitz. So that's four screenwriters associated with R1.

Crazy.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:46 PM 06-02-2016
Man that sucks.

But I'll reserve judgement. There have been 'troubled' films before that turned out good.

Miracles do happen sometimes
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:54 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Man that sucks.

But I'll reserve judgement. There have been 'troubled' films before that turned out good.

Miracles do happen sometimes
It would suck if they hired some bozos but McQuarry is among the best in the game and IMO, a notch or two above Edwards.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:44 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
  • Some crew initially heard J.J. Abrams was supervising the reshoots.
  • Gareth Edwards is doing the reshoots himself but with a partner, Christopher McQuarrie.
  • Christopher McQuarrie, the final writer on Rogue One will be working extensively with Edwards on set to make sure they’re on the “same page” with the most recent draft of the film.
  • Christopher McQuarrie’s draft of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was considered superior to the film they shot previously.
  • It was not Edwards’ fault as McQuarrie’s draft wasn’t completed when much of the film was shot and revisions kept coming in that made the film feel uneven.
  • 32 sets have been recreated for the reshoot.
  • The crew expects they are reshooting 40% of the film.
  • They are working 6 days a week for 8 weeks.

When the movie began filming there was a lot of talk that the budget had been greatly reduced slightly before shooting meaning, more CGI would be needed. Now it looks like the movie is going to cost what it was supposed to cost from the start. The quality of the film wasn’t bad, it just needs to be better and all involved are happy to make that happen.
Now Edwards bowing out of the Godzilla sequel begins to make more sense.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:10 PM 06-02-2016
Reshooting 40% of a movie that's out in 6 months? What could possibly go wrong...
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:14 PM 06-02-2016
We get a possible window into this...

Originally Posted by :
Gareth Edwards has stepped down from directing duties on the Godzilla sequel, Godzilla 2.

Edwards directed the 2014 reboot but has said he wants to concentrate on smaller projects after his stint directing the upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/ga...odzilla/406957

Could be legit, could be code for "I don't want to have to fight a studio after they were the ones screwing the pooch about shooting schedules, budgets, the script and the like, and I don't want to have to re-shoot almost half a ****ing movie again."
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:10 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Reshooting 40% of a movie that's out in 6 months? What could possibly go wrong...
Well apparently, Edwards will be shooting 20% and McQuarrie the other 20%.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 70
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up