No, never. 117 91.41%
Sometimes, depending on circumstances. 10 7.81%
Yes, what's the big deal. 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are you a litterbug?
mr. tegu 11:28 AM 08-19-2019
I really hate it when I am fishing and I see people have left their trash or when I am driving and I see people going out of their way to litter by rolling down the car window and throwing trash outside. So I am curious if its mostly just a few terrible people or if it is a pretty common thing.
[Reply]
TLO 11:58 AM 08-19-2019
This poll will be 100% accurate, I'm sure.

About as accurate as this.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291031
[Reply]
scho63 12:10 PM 08-19-2019
I have OCD and not only do I not litter, I'm like Monica Geller from Friends and I am always CLEANING shit up from not only me but from others.

I hate messes and at Amazon I am known as the Tyrant of Tidy.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:20 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
When I smoked cigarettes that was the only thing I littered. And I didnt/dont feel bad about it. I'd rather ppl throw them out on the ground than throw a lit one into a trash bag.
Field strip that bitch and tuck the filter end in your rear view mirror (or pocket) until you stop and find a trash can. It ain't that hard.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:20 PM 08-19-2019
No. If I get gum from my purse, and there's no trash can around, I put the wrappers in my purse until I get home. I don't smoke and if I eat something to take with me, I leave the bag and containers in my car, in a trash bag if I have one in there. Then I trash it when I get home or to my arrival point.
I get annoyed when an area lacks trash cans though. Even in a ritsy village on Cape Cod, Osterville, recently their only supermarket had a hard-to-find trash can and was a long walk but I still emptied my car out there before I arrived at my sister's. Was a bit inconvenient. We have multiple trash cans outside stores around here.
[Reply]
srvy 12:26 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This is the one that gets me. I generally think people who litter are basically trash, but I know plenty of otherwise respectable people who throw out cigarette butts without thinking about it. Drives me nuts.
No they're not respectable still trash.

Ive seen so many times people at quick stops finish their food or drink and wing it out window while a trash barrel sits not more than 10 feet away. Another one is at a gas pump and dumping your ashtray out on ground with a trash bin right next to the pump not to mention safety concerns. A lot of people are just lazy with a mix of stupid.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:29 PM 08-19-2019
Hate Litterbugs.
And you know who is the fucking worse?
FISHERMEN
Those F's leave everything without a thought or care. I live on a lake and one day near our house I had myself and kids clean a bunch of fisherman trash off the bank. We then proceed to get in our kayaks to go for a swim. We pass the place we just cleaned and there was some guys fishing and eating Chinese takeout. On our way back we see the guys packing up and they were about to leave numerous Styrofoam takeout containers on the shore. I lost my shit and yelled from the kayak to start picking that shit up now.

I have no idea what goes through peoples mind. I think its pure laziness and they are used to somebody always wiping their ass.
[Reply]
Iowanian 12:30 PM 08-19-2019
As much time as I spend picking up trash from my road ditch.....No.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:32 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Field strip that bitch and tuck the filter end in your rear view mirror (or pocket) until you stop and find a trash can. It ain't that hard.
I know very little about it, so maybe there are drawbacks here I don't understand, but you can also get cigarette butt receptacles that are fire safe and will fit in a cup holder.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:36 PM 08-19-2019
Only when driving through Oklahoma.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:40 PM 08-19-2019
I cannot possibly throw trash on the ground. Can't do it. I grew up with the crying Indian and I will not rub in the victory by ruining their lost lands.

I run races all the time, and I'll occasionally eat one of those little gel packs. The wrapper gets all sticky and stuff, but I'll still carry it all the way to the next aid station to throw it away.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:46 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I cannot possibly throw trash on the ground. Can't do it. I grew up with the crying Indian and I will not rub in the victory by ruining their lost lands.
Old Iron Eyes Cody.
I miss that commercial.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:50 PM 08-19-2019
I do think it's important to point out that a lot of the trash that you see in your yard or on the side of the road might not be from people littering per se. A lot is, sure, but I often see stuff flying out of truck beds or (in my neighborhood) getting blown out of trash cans that don't have their lids securely fastened.

So even if you aren't a "litterer" necessarily, be sure to secure stuff so it doesn't blow away!
[Reply]
prhom 12:56 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I do think it's important to point out that a lot of the trash that you see in your yard or on the side of the road might not be from people littering per se. A lot is, sure, but I often see stuff flying out of truck beds or (in my neighborhood) getting blown out of trash cans that don't have their lids securely fastened.

So even if you aren't a "litterer" necessarily, be sure to secure stuff so it doesn't blow away!
We must live in the same neighborhood. I have multiple neighbors who either buy trash cans without lids or don’t believe in using them. Then they wonder why the raccoons toss their trash cans on a regular basis. Putting trash cans out without a lid should be a fine from the city.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:58 PM 08-19-2019
GIVE A HOOT DON'T POLLUTE
[Reply]
srvy 01:14 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

I run races all the time, and I'll occasionally eat one of those little gel packs. The wrapper gets all sticky and stuff, but I'll still carry it all the way to the next aid station to throw it away.
Did you know Iron Eyes Cody was born Espera Oscar de Corti an Italian American actor :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up