ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Celebrating my 50th year as a Chiefs fan.
Rain Man 02:59 PM 08-18-2019
To the best of my memory, I started watching in the 1970 season. I'm hopeful that the Chiefs will wear a patch on their jerseys this season for me during this golden season.

If I had to note my 50 most memorable moments of Chiefs fandom, they would be ... (in spoiler). I'm sure I'm missing some important and obvious events, but this is my initial thinking.

Spoiler!

It's been a good ride for 49 years. I'm kind of hopeful that Year 50 is going to put a few new highlights onto the list.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:34 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The pain of the missed field goal in 1995.
Which one?
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:53 PM 08-18-2019
I’m a Fifty year fan as well.
Great list
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:11 PM 08-18-2019
I was 9 and watched man walk on the moon and the huge underdog Chiefs whip the Vikings in SBIV. That was followed up with getting a red #16 jersey and a Chief helmet Christmas morning, followed by a gut wrenching loss to a team with a fucking fish on their helmets.

I'm pretty sure that set me up for accepting life had its ups and downs, which were followed up by the Chiefs thru the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, and yes there was last year. I've witnessed all the good and bad of the Chiefs since 69 and am waiting for that year to happen again.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:23 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Buddy, it's our time. Saddle up and get ready to join hands with everyone on CP as we skip blithely into nirvana.
Yeah, I know. But for possible scenarios I don’t even want to bring up the “because Chiefs” factor is still in play. Just as early as the last game the team played last year... it is going to be a concern until it isn’t. I 99% believe that curse is not only going to be broken, but broken this season. Hell, I’m 98% positive we run the table and go 19-0 (-1% because Chiefs and -1% because starters sit at 15-0). So I really am positive, I just know better than to be sure.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 08:28 PM 08-18-2019
To the best of my memory, I started watching in the 1970 season. I'm hopeful that the Chiefs will wear a patch on their jerseys this season for me during this golden season.

If I had to note my 50 most memorable moments of Chiefs fandom, they would be ... (in spoiler). I'm sure I'm missing some important and obvious events, but this is my initial thinking.

It's been a good ride for 49 years. I'm kind of hopeful that Year 50 is going to put a few new highlights onto the list.
Same here Rain Man. I know we are the same age, lol, HS class of 81.
[Reply]
TLO 08:31 PM 08-18-2019
03 was my first real season as a fan. I can't imagine the pain you've gone through enduring 50 years.

Best wishes.
[Reply]
TLO 08:33 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
03 was my first real season as a fan. I was too young to remember much before that. I can't imagine the pain you've gone through enduring 50 years.

Best wishes.
Coincidentally, 03 was the first year I paid attention to the Royals as well. Never thought I'd see them win a Championship before the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:34 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Another sweet one, 18 Dec, 2011. Getting back from a tour in Iraq, demobilizing in Joint Base McChord-Lewis, WA. Sitting in the NCO Club waiting for the game to come on. Wearing Chiefs gear, of course. These packards come in, take over my table, saying, “it won’t upset you if we sit here will it?” I replied, “No, but it might upset you.” They had a good laugh at that. They talked about how they were going to be undefeated that season. Kansas City whooped that ass. Made Rodgers look like dogshit. Oh, those packeretards were pissed. Didn’t say jack to be when they left.
That was one rare highlight I missed. Though I’m currently questioning why as I look at the date. I was a bartender at that time and my memory has it that I had bartender a private Halloween party the night before and was there until about sun rise and went home and passed out with the intention of making it to BWW for the game. But apparently it was some random late drunken night at the bar. Regardless, I was (and still am) pissed at myself for not catching that game.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:35 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
Same here Rain Man. I know we are the same age, lol, HS class of 81.
I was born in ‘81.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:12 AM 08-19-2019
1966 was the first season I remember being a fan...I was 8 years old.

Congrats on 50 years.
[Reply]
scho63 12:13 AM 08-19-2019

Spoiler!

It's as if you just wrote MY story as I also celebrate my 50th year of fandom! :-)

Only difference is I pretended to be Johnny Robinson or Willie Lanier on Defense and Ed Podolak on Offense :-)

[Reply]
BlackOp 12:36 AM 08-19-2019
Chiefs scoring a NFL record 8 rushing TDs in a rout of the red-hot Vick/Falcons...
[Reply]
007 01:21 AM 08-19-2019
Congratulations and condolences my friend.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:45 AM 08-19-2019
Was there at the 03 playoff game against Indy. Absolutely an infuriating game.

97 Denver game was probably worse. That Tony G catch should have been a touchdown.

That SB is coming soon, Rain Man.
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:49 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Noob....I went to the very first home game at Municipal Stadium in 1963...my uncle was a Car Salesman at a car dealership and won 2 tickets for being the leading salesman the month before.

When we got to the game I figured out why they were free..we were stuck behind one of the steel beams in the stands. Our view was blocked depending on the part of the field they were on
I hated getting behind those damn things. Since I was young, Dad always stuck me there since I didn't take up so much room for other fans to see over me and around the beams.

Originally Posted by old_geezer:
Another old geezer (literally) checking in. I faintly remember attending a game between the Chiefs and the then Boston Patriots in old Municipal Stadium. I attended several games of the Kansas City A's at Municipal Stadium with my dad.
I always liked the rabbit popping up behind home plate to give the umpire some new baseballs. Charley Finley always had some type of surprise entertainment going on, him riding a horse at the games, in flashy colors, etc.

Now as for the Chiefs, I go back as far as the 63 season as well. I guess we all are a bunch of "old geezers".
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up