ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who's had a cardio ablation?
fan4ever 07:33 PM 08-13-2019
Been on meds for a-fib for years. Last episode doctor recommended ablation. Going with a Dr. who does "cryo-ablation" rather than using heat in two days. I've done my homework...although relatively new, this is a proven and popular treatment...less risk.

Anyone have any (uplifting) stories to share? I hope this doesn't backfire. :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:37 PM 08-13-2019
Had one and I died, but it gave me the ability to post on CP as a ghost. Good luck
[Reply]
fan4ever 07:41 PM 08-13-2019
That didn't take long.

Sorry...pretty low risk procedure...out same day...so you no scare me fella.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:46 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
That didn't take long.

Sorry wasn't trying to scare you. Was trying to be uplifting, but yeah from what I read it seems to be a very quick and safe procedure.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:54 PM 08-13-2019
Why don’t you just use some essential oils? I’m sure Big Daddy can steer you in the right direction.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:03 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
That didn't take long.

that dude is a dumb fuck - prayers up and out your way, friend.
[Reply]
eDave 08:06 PM 08-13-2019
I don't have a-fib. That's pretty uplifting.
[Reply]
fan4ever 09:15 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
I don't have a-fib. That's pretty uplifting.
You're far too young...

...and virile...

...and heartless.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:20 PM 08-13-2019
I’ve stretched out ablasian or 2 in my day. Definitely recommended.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:21 PM 08-13-2019
Fairly safe procedure. You seem in good health otherwise so I don't see this as a problem for you.
[Reply]
scho63 09:29 PM 08-13-2019
Did CP cause this?
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:37 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
that dude is a dumb **** - prayers up and out your way, friend.
Oh fuck you. It's was a joke for fucks sake.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:39 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Did CP cause this?
Probably the AFC Championship game. If not for that fuck Dee Ford, Fan4ever wouldn't be going through all of this.
[Reply]
Old Dog 08:14 AM 08-14-2019
Daughter (30yo) just had one done on the 10th of July after meds hadn't worked for her over about a 6 month time frame. Had previously been having spots of A-fib at least weekly that would last 1-2 days at a time with periods of flutter as well. She was on the table for roughly five hours (which is about double the norm) and had to stay overnight, but since then she's had zero issues. She was told that they won't fully know for a couple of months how well it worked, but all signs are great so far (knock on wood).
Hope it works as well for you as it seems to for her.
[Reply]
fan4ever 08:52 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
Daughter (30yo) just had one done on the 10th of July after meds hadn't worked for her over about a 6 month time frame. Had previously been having spots of A-fib at least weekly that would last 1-2 days at a time with periods of flutter as well. She was on the table for roughly five hours (which is about double the norm) and had to stay overnight, but since then she's had zero issues. She was told that they won't fully know for a couple of months how well it worked, but all signs are great so far (knock on wood).
Hope it works as well for you as it seems to for her.
Thanks.

Yeah, I've been informed that you won't know for months for sure...you'll have episodes of a-fib, PVC's, etc. but at the end of 90 days or so you'll know where you stand. My brother (who's a fitness fiend) has had two ablations because the first one didn't totally take which I guess isn't unusual.

I'm so glad we live in an age where science/medicine can do so much...otherwise I think my alternative would be to live in a-fib (which I've been doing since Easter) or have a pace maker.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up