ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Darron Lee Mic'd up - Threatens to Smack Mahomes
DTVietnam 08:35 AM 08-13-2019

"I probably would’ve smacked you if you took that hit." @DLeeMG8 to @PatrickMahomes 😂 pic.twitter.com/5YRMPdys4U

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) August 13, 2019

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:24 PM 08-13-2019
Thread title is misleading. This place doesn't need thread titles that are click bait bullshit like the media does.
[Reply]
limested 05:35 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Thread title is misleading. This place doesn't need thread titles that are click bait bullshit like the media does.
How is it misleading? Lee’s says he would have slapped him.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:42 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by limested:
How is it misleading? Lee’s says he would have slapped him.
"Threatens to" is a lot different that probably would have. Lee did not threaten him. He said it in a laughing jovial manner to Mahomes.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:55 PM 08-13-2019
Caldwell makes a good, long run and gets cut. lol
[Reply]
BossChief 08:16 PM 08-13-2019
The Lee trade is exactly why paying coaches like House and Daly more than normal is a huge bargain.

A guy like Lee was a one dimensional guy in NY. After a couple months being coached by House and having the coordination of the run defense being looked over by Daly, Lee is a guy that played like a true first round quality off-the-ball linebacker.

I know nobody wants to mention it, but Ragland looked noticeably better, too. Quick to the ball, looked like he was playing quite a bit faster than last year.

I haven’t rewatched the game to focus on Hitchens, but I’m sure there’s some positives there, too.

House and Daly were arguably as important as the Clark and Badger signings.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 08:20 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
awwww.....need a hug?
[Reply]
FAX 08:30 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The Lee trade is exactly why paying coaches like House and Daly more than normal is a huge bargain.

A guy like Lee was a one dimensional guy in NY. After a couple months being coached by House and having the coordination of the run defense being looked over by Daly, Lee is a guy that played like a true first round quality off-the-ball linebacker.

I know nobody wants to mention it, but Ragland looked noticeably better, too. Quick to the ball, looked like he was playing quite a bit faster than last year.

I haven’t rewatched the game to focus on Hitchens, but I’m sure there’s some positives there, too.

House and Daly were arguably as important as the Clark and Badger signings.
1. Totally agree that the defensive assistants are huge gets for the franchise.

2. Lee impressed fo sho.

3. Ragland is still not fast enough to play in the New NFL.

4. I think Hitchens was only in for something like 2 or 3 plays at the most.

5. I still think Clark and Doesn't Give A Sh*t are more important acquisitions than the new coaches. But it's close. Especially Daly.

FAX
[Reply]
BossChief 08:50 PM 08-13-2019
A lot is made of the talent on offense, rightfully so...but it’s rarely mentioned how much speed this defense has.

Deron Lee ran a legit 4.43
Neiman ran a 4.6 flat
DOD ran a 4.61
Ragland and Hitchens ran 4.7

Those are fast times for linebackers. Give that speed to a coach like House and that helps the secondary.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 10:17 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I talked to someone who knows Darron really well. Sounds like the Jets are a mess. And that kc has a whole different energy. He's beyond pumped to be in kc. I think he underperformed a ton in New York because everybody was really really unhappy there.

I have no idea why Ragland is starting and he isn't.
Right now? It’s Ragland knows the system. Like a rookie coming in and expecting to start. It happens, but usually the one who knows the system or has seniority on the team gets first look. Sometimes it’s an easy pass, other times it isn’t. If Darron is fitting in, he might be the starter come next week or week one of the regular season.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:24 AM 08-14-2019
I talked to someone who knows Darron really well. Sounds like the Jets are a mess. And that kc has a whole different energy. He's beyond pumped to be in kc. I think he underperformed a ton in New York because everybody was really really unhappy there.

I have no idea why Ragland is starting and he isn't.
I read somewhere that I think he played 65% of snaps in the preseason game which is A LOT. They're clearly trying to get a better look at what exactly they have there with him, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's starting over Ragland by the opener.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:27 AM 08-14-2019
I like him. Seems like a high effort and high energy guy...
[Reply]
Mecca 06:28 AM 08-14-2019
If you put Lee in the middle you are taking away a lot of what he's good at. He was miscast as a 3-4 MLB also, he's a pure weakside guy.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:39 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you put Lee in the middle you are taking away a lot of what he's good at. He was miscast as a 3-4 MLB also, he's a pure weakside guy.
I'm wondering moreso if Hitchens should play in the middle and Lee can bump to the outside.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:43 AM 08-14-2019
I'm wondering moreso if Hitchens should play in the middle and Lee can bump to the outside.
If Lee shows he can play the run you might see that eventually, Spags tends to want run D LB's on the field in the base which is probably why Ragland is getting a shot.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:09 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Right now? It’s Ragland knows the system. Like a rookie coming in and expecting to start. It happens, but usually the one who knows the system or has seniority on the team gets first look. Sometimes it’s an easy pass, other times it isn’t. If Darron is fitting in, he might be the starter come next week or week one of the regular season.

Why would Ragland know the system any better?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up