ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 270
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
tk13 12:04 PM 07-26-2019
That's good news. One less distraction to worry about.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:06 PM 07-26-2019
He's betting on himself and it's a smart move. He goes for 15 sacks AGAIN and you best believe he's getting Aaron Donald $$$.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:06 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Clear i29! Jones is coming through!
[Reply]
RunKC 12:07 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I don't think that's what Reid wants.

Tyreek was fantastic stretching the defense horizontally. When Reid began using him more traditionally, having him stretch vertically, he lost SOME of that horizontal element. You obviously can't have Tyreek doing two things at once.

DaT was suppose to be that guy, and every offseason they talked up DAT's special packages, and you did in fact see them on gameday. Though he obviously wasn't quite as effective (though effective at times) and couldn't stay healthy.

I think Reid wants to use Hardman to bring back that special ability to stretch horizontally. Force defenses to respect the jet sweeps, fakes, reverses etc even MORESO than they already do by putting a true play maker back there again.

Just look at Hardman's quote the other day for example. They asked Hardman how Tyreek being back changes things for him and he answered something like, "It doesn't change anything i'm doing. Still the same plan moving forward".

My impression was that Hardman has a specific job, and it was never to take Tyreek's role in this offense, but to work on his specific role that Reid has set out for him all along.
Good post.

I think could switch around at times. Sometimes (not too often)Hardman will have Tyreek’s role while Tyreek does the horizontal role, just to mix things up.

But yeah I think the Patriots game opened I some of those flaws and teams will surely try to copy what they’ve done in the first half of both games.

I think Andy wants to get this rookie flying downfield way more than we think. I honestly like having Sammy in the slot. He’s a tackle breaker and gets a lot of YAC.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:07 PM 07-26-2019
Jones really didn't really have an option anyway from what I understand
[Reply]
RunKC 12:09 PM 07-26-2019
Sign him before the season starts Veach. Don’t wait or it will cost way more
[Reply]
Mecca 12:09 PM 07-26-2019
He's betting on himself and it's a smart move. He goes for 15 sacks AGAIN and you best believe he's getting Aaron Donald $$$.
I doubt he gets that many again, this coaching staff is going to ride him about being system sound.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:10 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I doubt he gets that many again, this coaching staff is going to ride him about being system sound.
That's what it comes down to for me. I think he benefited from being allowed to just kind of do his thing last year. I just don't think he's as important in Spag's scheme.

We'll see though.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:10 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Jones really didn't really have an option anyway from what I understand
Didn't he have to accrue one more season before he's eligible for FA? Otherwise he woulda been a RFA? Is that what you're referring to?
[Reply]
Kman34 12:10 PM 07-26-2019
Good.. we’ll need every swinging dick on defense this season...
[Reply]
Mecca 12:12 PM 07-26-2019
Didn't he have to accrue one more season before he's eligible for FA? Otherwise he woulda been a RFA? Is that what you're referring to?
Also if he actually held out till the 6th which was as long as he could hold out for and not be a RFA, his fines would add up to almost his entire 2019 salary.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:12 PM 07-26-2019
Hopefully this means he's not ass hurt and we could sign Mike Daniels without him getting pissed.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:14 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Hopefully this means he's not ass hurt and we could sign Mike Daniels without him getting pissed.
I'd imagine if the Chiefs are negotiating again and offering good money, it shouldn't matter.

I can't imagine Mike Daniels will be demanding a large contract.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:16 PM 07-26-2019

I believe that is correct. He had to report by Aug 6 to accrue his service time. He had no leverage and really no option.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:27 PM 07-26-2019
Anthony Sherman pulled up in Tony Stewart's Nascar then Dustin Colquitt and Buttker just pulled up in this 30 yard long armored truck
[Reply]
Page 19 of 270
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Up