ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Gordon Wants a New Contract or Out of the Chargers
thabear04 08:18 AM 07-11-2019
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebigl...act-trade/amp/

Melvin Gordon, entering his fifth season in the NFL and thus still on his rookie deal, is dissatisfied with his contract with the Los Angeles Chargers and is taking those frustrations public:

Los Angeles running back Melvin Gordon has informed the Chargers that unless he receives a new contract, he will not report to training camp and he will demand a trade, his agent Fletcher Smith told ESPN.

Elite backs in the NFL persistently face this issue. The five-year deals for first round picks lock them in at below market wages, and then when they hit their mid to late twenties the teams say they are nearing the end of their useful lives. Last year, Gordon missed four games with an injured knee, but when he was playing he averaged over five yards per carry. Gordon is slated to make $5.6 million this season.

Off the top of my head, if they could make the compensation work the Packers would be a great fit for Gordon. He is from and played college football at Wisconsin, and is the threat to catch passes out of the backfield that Aaron Rodgers has been sorely lacking.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:07 AM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think he's probably more "talented" but in terms of what he'll produce? Nope.

RB's are such a product of their system, unless they're just a special ass player but even then, I dunno how much i'd wanna pay one.
Even the "special ass players" are only special until they aren't.

Todd Gurley, please pick up the white courtesy phone.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:08 AM 07-11-2019
Ok but they forced him the ball as the number one overall back and he produced.

What you said is valid for sure but he’s a fine player

I would trade him and move on if I were the Chargers
Aaron Rodgers sure could use a 3 down, pass catching RB.
[Reply]
TEX 10:33 AM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Maybe not but at least we avoid the distraction.
You're right about that.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:35 AM 07-11-2019
Hopefully, the Chargers pay him the richest contract in NFL history for the 12 games he will play this year when he is not hurt.
[Reply]
O.city 10:53 AM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Aaron Rodgers sure could use a 3 down, pass catching RB.
The problem is, teams just don't want to trade much for a RB when they're so easy to find.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:55 AM 07-11-2019
The problem is, teams just don't want to trade much for a RB when they're so easy to find.
Truth. With that said, they’ve been an organization that has struggled to find one.
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 AM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Truth. With that said, they’ve been an organization that has struggled to find one.
I think it's more their coaching staff hasn't been able to utilize the ones they've had.

I think LaFleur is way over his head there too so it may not get better.
[Reply]
O.city 11:08 AM 07-11-2019
The issue here too is that Gordon just has zero leverage. Who's giving up a reasonable pick AND a new contract for him?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:18 AM 07-11-2019
The issue here too is that Gordon just has zero leverage. Who's giving up a reasonable pick AND a new contract for him?
If he doesn't show up the first week of camp he has to repeat the last year of his contract just like Chris Jones. So his leverage is even lower.
[Reply]
O.city 11:26 AM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
If he doesn't show up the first week of camp he has to repeat the last year of his contract just like Chris Jones. So his leverage is even lower.
I'm not sure though, he's on his fifth year option. Does that change anything?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07-11-2019, 11:28 AM
This message has been deleted by Chief Roundup.
Chief Roundup 11:28 AM 07-11-2019
I'm not sure though, he's on his fifth year option. Does that change anything?
I don't know. If it is all rookie contracts it should not.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:36 AM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I notice the 1st round picks that end up flaming out and have 5 year deals never offer to give any money back.
1st round RBs that flame out don’t have their 5th year option picked up, but keep fucking that players are overpaid chicken.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 11:38 AM 07-11-2019
Good. Hope he becomes the highest paid back in the league and sucks up their cap for years.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 11:40 AM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Hopefully, the Chargers pay him the richest contract in NFL history for the 12 games he will play this year when he is not hurt.
Amen to this.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:40 AM 07-11-2019
If I was a good team I'd have no issue in spending a low 1st on a running back.

I'd treat them as a disposable talent. Never give one a second contract unless its on the cheap.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up