ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ebay Scams!
Halfcan 10:01 AM 02-28-2019
A Buyer bids on your item in an auction- gets the winning bid. Then they never pay and you have no recourse.

Ebay does nothing.

Buyer buys a vase, we send it with insurance. Buyer decides they do not want it and smashes it- lies and says it was not wrapped up. Instead of taking it to the post office and getting a refund since it was insured- they put a claim against us. We are out the vase, time to mail package, postage, time on the phone with an unhelpful foreigner at Ebay who we can't understand. Ebay gives buyer full refund even though it is obvious they are lying.

Ebay does nothing. Then adds another fee on our account for giving this pos lying buyer a refund.

We are closing our account. Ebay is a poorly run company, terrible customer service and gives the Seller- Zero protection from scam buyers.

Anyone else scammed by Ebay?
[Reply]
bdj23 11:11 AM 02-28-2019
Fuck Ebay.

I signed up for an account, bought 1 item, paid in full, and then immediately got banned for being a "scammer". My package came and they money was taken from my bank account.

Wtf
[Reply]
SupDock 11:16 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
It looks pretty obvious they broke it themselves to get a refund. Then they put a fake description of how it was packed and sent three pictures making it look like we just tossed it in a box and shipped without due care.

Her description was ridiculous:

"I carefully unwrapped this precious vase ( how else would you unwrap it bitch) and was shocked beyond belief that it was shipped broken. (How do you assume the seller shipped a broken vase) It was barely wrapped and loose in the box (both lies) and was appalled at such shoddy packaging. (which now indicates it was broken in transit because of packing) I was so disappointed I was almost in tears!!! (really, over a vase) I have never seen a vase so poorly packed, plus I nearly suffered a severe cut from the broken glass. (wow, such a traumatic experience) This has been one of the most dangerous packages I have ever handled as glass could have gone all over my house. :-)
I would start taking a picture of the packaged item before shipping. People are shitty sometimes
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:21 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I would start taking a picture of the packaged item before shipping. People are shitty sometimes

This. Anything with a serial number should also be documented as well.

I've bought and sold hundreds of things, only had 1 bad selling experience (seller claimed not received, and my dumbass decided to change no tracking since it was a document) but at least it was something I got free so I was out nothing. A couple of issues buying, but as expected they were made right.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:03 PM 02-28-2019
It looks pretty obvious they broke it themselves to get a refund. Then they put a fake description of how it was packed and sent three pictures making it look like we just tossed it in a box and shipped without due care.

Her description was ridiculous:

"I carefully unwrapped this precious vase ( how else would you unwrap it bitch) and was shocked beyond belief that it was shipped broken. (How do you assume the seller shipped a broken vase) It was barely wrapped and loose in the box (both lies) and was appalled at such shoddy packaging. (which now indicates it was broken in transit because of packing) I was so disappointed I was almost in tears!!! (really, over a vase) I have never seen a vase so poorly packed, plus I nearly suffered a severe cut from the broken glass. (wow, such a traumatic experience) This has been one of the most dangerous packages I have ever handled as glass could have gone all over my house. :-)
Still not seeing the scam. Your assumption is that she broke the item due to her buyers remorse. While discounting the fact it absolutely could have been damaged in transit to the destination. Happens all the time even with proper packaging.

If transactions like this upsets you maybe family, or donation is a better option for you.
[Reply]
Bwana 12:20 PM 02-28-2019
At one point years ago, I would buy and sell on EBay all the time and had a bunch of crap like that happen.

My favorite was when I bought one of those old Hamms scene o rama signs from the 60s, the big one with the waterfall, for the man cave.

The thing shows up with the roof busted and some loose interior parts. The idiot packed it like shit. He threw it in a big box with a couple of pieces of newspaper on top and shipped it, I mean ZERO protection. A total I don't give a rats ass fly by night packing job.

I had to walk through the fires of hell to get my money back, the guy was fighting it every step of the way.

After 6 weeks and numerous pictures of the damage, I finally got my money. After it was done, the guy had the balls to ask me to ship him back the sign on my dime. Needless to say, I told him to go have sex with himself. The guy sends me a reply, claiming he was going to come to town to kick my ass. :-)

I sent him a reply back and told him, "You know my address, let me know when you can make it over, I'll be happy to host that party." I didn't hear from him again.

At this point, I rarely have anything to do with EBAY, I might buy something twice a year at most.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 02-28-2019, 12:34 PM
This message has been deleted by Naptown Chief.
Angry fan 12:41 PM 02-28-2019
If ebay is so bad, what alternatives does everyone use for selling?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:44 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Angry fan:
I only buy and sell local now. Facebook mostly.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:50 PM 02-28-2019
It's not inherently bad any more than any other option. Selling stuff online is just a risky thing, and it doesn't matter if you're an individual or a business. If you think that the Amazons of the world get screwed over all the time on people saying stuff showed up broken, you're fooling yourself. They just price it into their business model, which is harder for an individual to do at small scale.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:54 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's not inherently bad any more than any other option. Selling stuff online is just a risky thing, and it doesn't matter if you're an individual or a business. If you think that the Amazons of the world get screwed over all the time on people saying stuff showed up broken, you're fooling yourself. They just price it into their business model, which is harder for an individual to do at small scale.
Amazon's customer service often goes above and beyond to make their customers happy, even Marketplace customers (Marketplace is essentially eBay).

eBay's customer service is virtually non-existent anymore. That's the big difference.

Discogs has better support than eBay.
[Reply]
Bwana 12:56 PM 02-28-2019
I buy either local, or on Amazon. As far as selling, I either donate whatever it is, or use Craigslist.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 01:05 PM 02-28-2019
In a heavy, Indian accent: “Hello, this is Steve from customer serv...
Me: “Oh for Christ sakes...” *click*

Everytime.
Every goddamn time.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 01:37 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55:
My favorite is when you win an auction for a really good price, and then the seller tells you the item is no longer available.

Then you see the exact same item re-listed a few hours later.

Ebay does nothing about it.
or message you saying they have another item just like it, but send the cash via western union instead
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 01:41 PM 02-28-2019
eBay is great! You can find just about anything. I needed some bushings for a sway bar on a older car and ebay was the ONLY place that had them. I have been using eBay for over a decade. I only buy from sellers who have been on eBay for years. I have only had a couple of minor issues with my over 700 buy/sell transactions. I only do PayPal
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:47 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Still not seeing the scam. Your assumption is that she broke the item due to her buyers remorse. While discounting the fact it absolutely could have been damaged in transit to the destination. Happens all the time even with proper packaging.

If transactions like this upsets you maybe family, or donation is a better option for you.
So lying about the condition it was shipped - taking phony pics, not returning any messages and then lying to Ebay about the condition it was shipped in is not a scam?

I mean someone at the post office could have purposely throw it down the stairs. I can't prove she broke it, but it looks bad on her when she immediately makes up some dramatic story and outright lies about how we shipped it. According to Ebay she would get 100% refund no matter what- so making up this stupid cover story to make us look bad is just being a fucking scammy bitch.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:51 PM 02-28-2019
So lying about the condition it was shipped - taking phony pics, not returning any messages and then lying to Ebay about the condition it was shipped in is not a scam?

I mean someone at the post office could have purposely throw it down the stairs. I can't prove she broke it, but it looks bad on her when she immediately makes up some dramatic story and outright lies about how we shipped it. According to Ebay she would get 100% refund no matter what- so making up this stupid cover story to make us look bad is just being a ****ing scammy bitch.
Can we see the pictures she took?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up