ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 33
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Planning a road trip to the Jacksonville game next year
BigRedChief 09:12 AM 01-26-2019
Arrowhead South Party with a Purpose in Jacksonville!

VIP party on Saturday

Arrowhead South will be having a fundraising party on September 7th in LOT X (see map below) - a Party to help 3 different charities do their fantastic work. Tickets are limited to 300 to ensure a comfortable space for everyone. Once they are sold, there will be no more.

This party cost for a VIP Dinner Tickets will be $50 in advance $75 at the door. Tickets are available at the secure Eventbrite here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vip-par...ts-67076805531

Kids ticket prices good for both days. Cash at the gate only. Prices not good online. 15 and under = $10 5 and under = Free

The party starts at 6:00 pm with a full cash bar with professional mixologists courtesy of Manifest Distillery serving your favorite mixed drinks, there will be a varied choice of beers from craft to yard beers. Also have a wine bar. DJ Blue will be spinning the tunes.

Dinner starts at 7:00 pm and goes to 9:00 pm. The lead Pittmaster is Richard Fergola, Fergolicious BBQ of Kansas City. They are a KC BBQ Society Competition BBQ Team who was recently featured on Season 5 of BBQ Pitmasters on Destination America & Food Network’s Chopped. https://www.fergoliciousbbq.com/

The Charities: 15 and the Mahomies, - Patrick Mahomes Foundation https://www.15andthemahomies.org, KCBS Scholarship for Kids Foundation, and Nick Foles charity Dysautonomia International (http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org)

In case of inclement weather, the fundraiser will be moved indoors to the Intuition brewery located next to Lot X in the Jags parking lot. Their site: http://www.intuitionaleworks.com

Personal coolers are allowed in the event area.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-Game Tailgate

Sunday, September 8th at 9:00 am when the Jags open the gates, we are back at it with a full cash bar with professional mixologists courtesy of Manifest Distillery serving your favorite mixed drinks, there will be a varied choice of beers from craft to yard beers. Also have a wine bar.

DJ Blue will be spinning the tunes.

A tailgate with lead Pittmaster - Richard Fergola, Fergolicious BBQ of Kansas City. Suggested donations tickets are $25 in advance - $30 at the door for the Best KC BBQ Tailgate to make our Arrowhead and Chiefs Family proud. Tickets are available here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vip-par...ts-67076805531

Kids ticket prices good for both days. Cash at the gate only. Prices not good online.

15 and under = $10

5 and under = Free

Personal coolers are allowed in the tailgate.

The Charities: 15 and the Mahomies, - Patrick Mahomes Foundation https://www.15andthemahomies.org,

KCBS Scholarship for Kids Foundation, and Nick Foles charity Dysautonomia International (http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org

The stadium is a 5-minute walk from our tailgate. Personal coolers are allowed in the event area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Parking on game day

The grass portion of Lot X is a cash lot on gameday, so anyone can pay to park there on gameday. The money goes to the county, not us. If you are comfortable waiting to pay until gameday, Lot X will be the most convenient. The events and tailgate are beside each other. Enter through the Gator Bowl Blvd road. That funnels traffic into Lot X, there is nothing blocking or diverting traffic to Lot X. The cement portion of Lot X have been reserved by the Jaguars for Arrowhead South.

There is no parking inside the event space, only parking is on the other side of the fence next to our event space in Lot X. There is no free parking anywhere near the stadium.

If you are worried about parking in lot X because you are coming later, might be filled up, you can book through the site Fairgrounds ahead of time and walk over to Lot X. It is a short 5-7-minute walk. Here’s the site….https://www.jacksonvillefair.com/p/o...e-game-parking

The parking in lot X is 5-minute walk to the stadium.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Post-Game Tailgate

This is a free to all event. We are coming back to Lot X to celebrate the win. Everyone is welcome. Whatever food and drink are left from the two previous events that Arrowhead South purchased will be free to all. First come, first serve.

A cash bar will be available. Personal coolers are allowed in this event.

The stadium is a 5-minute walk to our Lot X tailgate.

Hotels

Cheri Jones: I am the one who got the rate and to my knowledge they never closed it. Just has to be Sat, Sun, Mon as Friday the hotel is not accepting arrivals. To my knowledge they never closed our group rates. If your reservation is affected by the Sept 6th closure (only 2 people to my knowledge booked on Friday night) go online and rebook for Sat or Sun, or Sat/Sun

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/JAXRJ/G-KCCB

otherwise we are all good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to purchase upper level from the Jags:

Here is the Jaguars provided link for direct purchase to order tickets in the upper deck to sit with Chief fans:

https://fevo.me/arrowheadsouth

-------------------------------------------------------

How to purchase the lower level seats or specific sections from the Jags:

Please email Alexa Olneya (olneya@nfl.jaguars.com) or call/text at (904) 633-4673. If they call, please have them leave a voicemail. Email and text are preferred. Alexa has been great to us. Lots of praise from everyone. Make sure you let her know you are with Arrowhead South to get to the front of the line and sit by fellow Chief fans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Heartfelt thanks are due to these great people and organizations. We are utilizing a bare bones expense system to keep the ticket money going to the charities.

Fun stuff:

We are going to have a donated backdrop/banner made specifically for the Jacksonville events. We will have a red carpet for people to stand on in front of the backdrop and fans can have their pictures taken by a professional to memorialize their trip to the Jacksonville game and Arrowhead South events. They will be posted online to be downloaded for free.

At the Arrowhead South Jacksonville events we are going raffle off a one of a kind customized Chiefs cooler. Hand built with all top quality wood. $5 a ticket or 5 entries for $20. Proceeds to benefit the Patrick Mahomes foundation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 09/5

Current total of tickets sold:

Saturday Night VIP fundraiser....194 tickets sold.

Sunday pre-game tailgate ....... 467 tickets sold.

Thanks to all the volunteers who have contributed to make these events a success. I can already smell the deliciousness coming from the smoker. Brisket, Burnt ends, Pork Loin etc. courtesy of the KC BBQ society and Fergilious. Sharing some cold beverages with fellow Chief fans. Watching Mahomes on the field live take the next step in this golden era of Chiefs football.

And the best part.... Enjoying the festivity while raising money for charities that are doing great work for people in need. It’s going to be a great weekend!

--------------------------

For the record and keeping this in the open so everyone can have confidence that there was no shenanigans with the charity monies.....All monies from the Sat. night fundraiser and Sunday tailgate ticket sales will be split evenly between the Patrick Mahomes foundation, Nick Foles foundation and the KC BBQ society's scholarship programs for kids. The money raised by the sale of those great tickets in the 3rd row behind the bench that were donated and the raffle proceeds from the customized Chiefs cooler will not be split evenly but will be given to the Patrick Mahomes foundation exclusively. The Nick Foles charity group will be having a silent auction at the fundraising event. They are running it, setting it up etc. That money will go to the Nick Foles foundation exclusively. The KC BBQ Society may also do something at the events. If they do all the work, run it, they can keep that money raised exclusively too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrowhead South doesn't collect nor have access to the money being raised. That is controlled legally by a 501.C charity. They will distribute the collected funds to the charities. Arrowhead South will publicly announce the number of tickets sold periodically before the weekend. We will be reviewing and inspecting the books. The results will be made public to prevent any shenanigans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: 09/18
We still have a couple of invoices out that may need to be paid but we are comfortable saying that we raised at least $15,000 for charity over the two day's.
Attached: Jacksonville tailgate spot (3).jpg (138.3 KB) 8F90EB16-23B9-4545-92A1-E46B00E2DE16.jpg (77.7 KB) 4F248989-D3A0-43FD-ABD7-5C52C11CB841.jpg (119.4 KB) 67560837_10216802250263226_1632243892109705216_n.jpg (96.1 KB) Chiefs cooler.jpg (151.8 KB) 
[Reply]
ChiefGator 01:44 PM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Quick question......is the link above still one that you can use to buy tickets? I have told a couple of other local Chiefs fans I have happened upon wearing my Chiefs gear around town about the game and the events. Can they still go to that link and get tickets? Or should they also call Alexa?
Call or email Alexa.. I just bought tickets a week ago or so in the bottom area.

Alexa is great and easy to work with...
[Reply]
scho63 01:54 PM 07-28-2019
Amazing that you guys are doing all this AND it's in an opponent's stadium!

That's some "in-your-face" shit right there!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 01:58 PM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Call or email Alexa.. I just bought tickets a week ago or so in the bottom area.

Alexa is great and easy to work with...
Thanks!
[Reply]
Hamwallet 02:28 PM 07-28-2019
I have not read this thread but just my 2 cents... I lived in Orlando Florida for most of my 20’s, I always wrote off Jacksonville. When I lived in Augusta GA the past 2 years before moving up to Virginia, Jacksonville Beach became our go to stop going and coming from Tampa or Orlando. It is like 100-150 a night on the beach with a balcony. If you are on the “boardwalk” everything is open with live music every night of the week. It is a really fun spot, and in terms of vacation money, it’s a bargain. The beach is fantastic also.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:22 PM 07-28-2019
Quick question......is the link above still one that you can use to buy tickets? I have told a couple of other local Chiefs fans I have happened upon wearing my Chiefs gear around town about the game and the events. Can they still go to that link and get tickets? Or should they also call Alexa?
link is still valid for upper deck tickets. We sold out the original 250 block all sitting together. Alexa is now creating 20 sets block of tickets near or in that orginal section to fill in with Chief fans.

You want lower level, you need to call Alexa. Tell her your with Arrowhead South and that’ll get you to the front of the line.

We are expecting 150-200 Chief fans on Saturday night. 500-1000 at the tailgate on Sunday.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:45 PM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Amazing that you guys are doing all this AND it's in an opponent's stadium!

That's some "in-your-face" shit right there!
and the Jags are coroperating and paying a lot of the expenses to do all this stuff. Could you ever see in a million years the Chiefs doing anything like this for a visiting Jags group?:-)
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:51 PM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
and the Jags are coroperating and paying a lot of the expenses to do all this stuff. Could you ever see in a million years the Chiefs doing anything like this for a visiting Jags group?:-)
For all the crap we may give the Jaguars for their on-the-field performance, you have to give it to them for their Front Office accommodation to visiting fans.

They know tourism dollars drive the economy and if visitors (yes even football rivals) love their time in Jax they will tell others, which promotes even more opportunities.

I like living here in the Jax area..especially in Dec/Jan/Feb when all you guys back in KC are dealing with snow, ice and cold-ass weather.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:22 PM 07-28-2019
For all the crap we may give the Jaguars for their on-the-field performance, you have to give it to them for their Front Office accommodation to visiting fans.

They know tourism dollars drive the economy and if visitors (yes even football rivals) love their time in Jax they will tell others, which promotes even more opportunities.

I like living here in the Jax area..especially in Dec/Jan/Feb when all you guys back in KC are dealing with snow, ice and cold-ass weather.
yeah, we are also working with the Jacksonville visitors organization. The Hotel and Charmer of Commerce wants in on this event. We are raising money for charity. But, We are not a charity.

They have been great and supportive. We are meeting with the VP that’s rumored to be the GM in waiting, legal and PR departments on Monday. Giving us a tour of the stadium. Conference call with people etc.

We agreed to do some interviews about Jacksonville and working with them. I’m sure they are going to use it for other events and games in the PR. That’s okay, we are not going to lie. Don’t have too. They have rocked and rolled so far.
[Reply]
58-4ever 07:00 PM 07-28-2019
Mrs 58 and I will be joining you filthy animals in the oxy capitol later this year. Should be so much fun!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:36 AM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
Mrs 58 and I will be joining you filthy animals in the oxy capitol later this year. Should be so much fun!
Oxy capital? :-) you got a connection? Lets liven up that tailgate.

/I kid
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:40 AM 07-29-2019
Got my lower level seat....

Almost 20 years of being on here and I have managed to be inconspicuous to most of the community. Going to ruin that now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:10 AM 07-30-2019
Got my lower level seat....

Almost 20 years of being on here and I have managed to be inconspicuous to most of the community. Going to ruin that now.
why? You can keep the low profile.

We signed the contract today. The Jaguars and their lawyers, sponsors. KC BBQ society, Arrowhead South, Jacksonville Convention bureau. Phones calls into the Mayor are going to be be made for help with resources and publicity.

The conventions and visitors bureau sent a car with blacked out windows with a driver to take our event planner to the meeting with the Jags. They want in. Will promote us and the fundraiser. Will find additional sponsors to get our expenses down.

Now the Hilton wants in too. They are the closest hotel to the stadium offering us a helluva deal. Will even let us bring the fundraiser into their ballrooms in case of rain. Will promote the fundraiser to every guest in their 1000 rooms.

“X”parking lot is an easy 5 minute walk to the stadium. BBQ teams will come from KC and they will use local teams in their BBQ society.

More details to be announced in the next day or two.
[Reply]
RowdyRaytown 05:35 AM 07-30-2019
7 of us from KCMO are flying into Jacksonville for this game. This is the first I have read of this. So who do I talk to about tailgating in lot X? We are needing a spot to tailgate and raise hell for the game.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:37 AM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
why? You can keep the low profile.

We signed the contract today. The Jaguars and their lawyers, sponsors. KC BBQ society, Arrowhead South, Jacksonville Convention bureau. Phones calls into the Mayor are going to be be made for help with resources and publicity.

The conventions and visitors bureau sent a car with blacked out windows with a driver to take our event planner to the meeting with the Jags. They want in. Will promote us and the fundraiser. Will find additional sponsors to get our expenses down.

Now the Hilton wants in too. They are the closest hotel to the stadium offering us a helluva deal. Will even let us bring the fundraiser into their ballrooms in case of rain. Will promote the fundraiser to every guest in their 1000 rooms.

“X”parking lot is an easy 5 minute walk to the stadium. BBQ teams will come from KC and they will use local teams in their BBQ society.

More details to be announced in the next day or two.
Very nice. Good job. I got my tickets in the lower level. Will be a cool birthday gift.
[Reply]
scho63 09:05 AM 07-30-2019
You guys need to get a TRUE TV press reporter from KC to do a story on this and a video.

That would be awesome
[Reply]
Page 9 of 33
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up