ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 211
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
scho63 08:59 PM 08-11-2019
My Pirates defense has been shit for years to go along with horrible pitching, no power and no passion whatsoever.

It's a fucking joke the last 25-30 years as a fan and there has been only 2-3 moments of hope mixed in with 99% of futility and despair. I remember the 70's and 80's ALWAYS having great teams that played the Reds in the playoffs. Any good player is used as trade bait to get shittier has beens. It's ugly.

The only three good things about the Pirates: Easy to get good seats for cheap, one of the most beautiful stadiums, cool color uniforms.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:20 PM 08-13-2019
Analyzing the stats isn’t really my thing but Im pretty sure this is damn good.

Flaherty’s ERA over his last 7 is 0.79. #STLCards

— Jim Hayes (@TheCatOnFox) August 14, 2019

[Reply]
bdj23 12:13 PM 08-15-2019
:-)

Rolling Wacha out in Cincinnati seems like a surefire momentum killer.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:28 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
:-)

Rolling Wacha out in Cincinnati seems like a surefire momentum killer.
The hell of it is that they'll openly acknowledge that they don't expect anything more than maaaaybe 4 competitive innings from Wacha. Probably not even that. And we know that Helsley is going to follow him if he comes out before 5.

So why are they still jerking Helsley around instead of just starting him outright? And bringing PDL back up to pitch long-relief? There is truly no justification whatsoever to starting Michael Wacha.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:36 PM 08-15-2019
Dylan Carlson promoted to AAA; now among 4 other 20 yr olds at the AAA level. All of them are considered elite guys.

I told y'all he was gonna break out this season...

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I have mentioned Carlson several times here - dude's a switch-hitting version of the good piscotty.

He's been holding his own while well underaged in brutal hitters leagues. He's stayed under the radar because of that but he's going to wreck shit in the TX league this year and end up on a TON of national lists.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:41 PM 08-15-2019
Dylan Carlson promoted to AAA; now among 4 other 20 yr olds at the AAA level. All of them are considered elite guys.

I told y'all he was gonna break out this season...
Put him in LF day 1 to replace Ozuna.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:47 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Put him in LF day 1 to replace Ozuna.
I don't think Memphis is in playoff contention (they pretty much sucked this year) so I believe he's just getting a look at AAA so he can hit the ground running there next year. Besides, getting a few swings in the hilariously juiced PCL can only boost his confidence.

There's not much sense in plopping him in LF on day 1 next year when you still have O'Neill, Bader, Thomas and Arozarena to sort out. We all know Fowler's not going anywhere and they're hell bent on making Jose Martinez a thing, so there just aren't a ton of starts out there just yet. You start his service time sooner than needed and you'd need to find a 40 man spot for him (shouldn't be that hard but Moe loves his shitty relievers).
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:44 PM 08-15-2019
The hell of it is that they'll openly acknowledge that they don't expect anything more than maaaaybe 4 competitive innings from Wacha. Probably not even that. And we know that Helsley is going to follow him if he comes out before 5.

So why are they still jerking Helsley around instead of just starting him outright? And bringing PDL back up to pitch long-relief? There is truly no justification whatsoever to starting Michael Wacha.
I doubt this continues tonight but oddly enough Wacha has a great record and ERA in Cincy (7-1 and 2.53), like the best ERA for any starting pitcher there in 8 starts or whatever its been.

So yea, he will probably give up 4 runs in the first inning because that's how this season is going.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:09 PM 08-15-2019
What was Goldschmidt looking for on that pitch?
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:24 PM 08-15-2019
Flubs blew their game in the 9th. The central is so bad this year no team deserves the playoffs.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:36 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Flubs blew their game in the 9th. The central is so bad this year no team deserves the playoffs.
It's a race to one and done in the playoffs for this division. Cubs are tied for first with a team they nearly double up in WAR because they are the most inept team on the road I've ever seen.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:37 PM 08-15-2019
Six run 9th inning.... :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:47 PM 08-15-2019
Didn’t most baseball scribes think the Central was supposed to be good this year?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:29 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Didn’t most baseball scribes think the Central was supposed to be good this year?
If the scribes were ever right the Nationals would have 3 or 4 WS rings by now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 08-16-2019
Harper hit that ball so hard that I started laughing at impact.

Mother of !@#$ that ball was smoked.

We didn't have a use for that at all in RF. That meek-ass K that Fowler gave us after the leadoff walk in the 8th was just as good.

Wanna hear something funny? The Cardinals owe Dexter Fowler and Matt Carpenter $33 million.....in 2021

Those two motherfuckers are washed up NOW and the Cardinals owe them $33 million in two seasons. That's how ungodly bad Mozeliak is at this - he didn't miss by a season or even 2, he missed by 3 on Carpenter (shot himself squarely in the face there) and FOUR on Fowler. And just go ahead and throw another $15 million to Molina on top of that because you know he's not going to retire and you know that Mozeliak will never have the balls to move on from him.

If this team truly gave any shits at all 2021 could be the year they could finally spin clear of some of the trash Mozeliak has saddled this roster with (sadly, Goldschmidt is not in that group) but alas, they just don't.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 211
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Up