ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 211
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:30 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
that stupid ass PR, back your players, they fought hard crap pisses me off. But, he has improved the defense and base running with the same players from last year when it was an embarrassment. Most of his bullpen moves can be justified. Some bonehead ones for sure, but again, vast improvement over Matheny.

I’m not ready to say he sucks. The issue is our talent level. Who we traded for, gave FA contracts to. Schildt has no say whatsoever in acquiring talent, giving out FA money etc. Mo is the one who needs to be fired.
Even made the right decision today going to Miller to start things off. Bellinger doesn't have a split (at all) so that was risky, but he got through Bellinger to get to Seager who has severe splits and doesn't see lefties well at all.

So of course Miller puts one right into his back and then Carlos gets unbelievably unlucky on two grounders to take the BS/L after looking incredible in that appearance. I feel so bad for that guy - even on days that his stuff is absolutely vile he can't get a break.

Just a brutal loss.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:59 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Miles:
Unfortunately looks like Goldschmidt back to being kinda shitty again.
It's almost like guys that have progressively declining bat speed age poorly, or something. Chalk up another scouting success for Blowzeliak.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:23 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Even made the right decision today going to Miller to start things off. Bellinger doesn't have a split (at all) so that was risky, but he got through Bellinger to get to Seager who has severe splits and doesn't see lefties well at all.

So of course Miller puts one right into his back and then Carlos gets unbelievably unlucky on two grounders to take the BS/L after looking incredible in that appearance. I feel so bad for that guy - even on days that his stuff is absolutely vile he can't get a break.

Just a brutal loss.
Getting 1 run off another guy making his 2nd career start or whatever it was is just ridiculous.

How many total runs the last 5 games? 7 ?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:38 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Getting 1 run off another guy making his 2nd career start or whatever it was is just ridiculous.

How many total runs the last 5 games? 7 ?

May is one of the top 15 pitching prospects in baseball. He’s a stud and will do that to better teams than the Cardinals this year.

No shame in struggling with May.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:46 PM 08-08-2019
Up about $500 playing poker at Lumiere. Off to a good start in STL.

Kinda drunk

Go Cards!
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:34 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by :
Among DeWitt’s 24 teams, the ’19 Cardinals rank last in batting average (.242), last in on-base percentage (.314), last in strikeout rate (23 percent), 19th in slugging (.404), 21st in runs per game (4.41) and 22nd in OPS (.718). But in adjusted OPS, the ’19 Cardinals are tied with the 1997 team for the worst OPS+ (89).

This is preposterous. Yes, the aging curve is working against some hitters. Injuries, especially Ozuna’s 28-game absence, were a detriment.

Management continues to overrate its in-house position-player talent, has poured more money into aging veterans and has failed to draft and develop elite hitters.

The same front-office operation headed by John Mozeliak has declined to promote hot-hitting outfield prospect Randy Arozarena despite his slash line of .350/.435/.545 in a season split between Double-A Springfield and Triple-A Memphis.

Obviously, a big heap of blame goes on the players themselves for their flat performances.

Shildt is adding to the problem with his faulty lineup construction. His bewildering decisions include an incomprehensible infatuation with rookie infielder Tommy Edman, who continues to play every day and bat near the top of the lineup despite a .272 OBP and 74 OPS+.

Since the All-Star break, only Paul Goldschmidt and Paul DeJong have more plate appearances than Edman. The team’s best hitter since the break — Kolten Wong, with a second-half 139 OPS+ — ranks fifth in plate appearances over the same time.

When the offensively impaired Cardinals faced Clayton Kershaw on Tuesday, Wong was on the bench. And Edman started at second base.

This made no sense on any level. Edman, a switch-hitter, isn’t close to matching Wong’s .321 average and .841 OPS against left-handed pitching this season. And according to Baseball-Reference, Wong has only three career plate appearances against Kershaw. The past matchup history was wholly irrelevant.
:-)
[Reply]
kcpasco 06:33 PM 08-09-2019
Just a horrible constructed lineup. Bowtie needs to go if the Cards finish a game or 2 out of a playoff spot again.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 07:25 PM 08-09-2019
Went to the Oakland game on Saturday, which was an embarrassment. Went to the Cardinals game today from Denver and was able to get on the field for pregame batting practice. Shame that was my highlight of the evening. Every Pirate starting has a better BA than any Cardinal starting. Literally everyone.
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:54 PM 08-09-2019
They beat up bad teams. Thanks Mo.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:03 PM 08-09-2019
My Pirates will never win another game again.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:15 PM 08-09-2019
Don't worry. The Cardinals will apparently never win another game that matters.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 AM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
My Pirates will never win another game again.
Is there a shake up coming in the off season?
[Reply]
jd1020 03:35 PM 08-11-2019
Is there a shake up coming in the off season?
Probably look like the Marlins after 2017. Trade Marte and then Reynolds and Bell call the FO asking for a trade.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:51 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Probably look like the Marlins after 2017. Trade Marte and then Reynolds and Bell call the FO asking for a trade.
I thought our defense was bad last year but this Pitt defense looks high schoolish at times. Play with no passion. A really bad team. Hate to see that. Those loyal Pitt fans deserve better.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:01 PM 08-11-2019
I thought our defense was bad last year but this Pitt defense looks high schoolish at times. Play with no passion. A really bad team. Hate to see that. Those loyal Pitt fans deserve better.
They are one of the worst defensive teams I have ever seen. Cards have looked bad at times but it seems every single game we have played the Pirates the Pirates have looked amateurish on defense.
[Reply]
Page 97 of 211
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 > Last »
Up