ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 211
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:36 PM 07-31-2019
The Cardinals got Tony Cingrani in the Gyorko deal.

Nice lefthanded reliever who can miss bats....

.....and is out for the rest of the season with a torn labrum.

Great !@#$ing deadline, Moe. "All-in for 2019" indeed.

Ass.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 03:05 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Cardinals got Tony Cingrani in the Gyorko deal.

Nice lefthanded reliever who can miss bats....

.....and is out for the rest of the season with a torn labrum.

Great !@#$ing deadline, Moe. "All-in for 2019" indeed.

Ass.
And who is a free agent at the end of the year. This is just a salary dump. We also gave them international slot money because why invest in the future.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:18 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
And who is a free agent at the end of the year. This is just a salary dump. We also gave them international slot money because why invest in the future.
We're not going to spend it on anyone worth a shit anyway.

Have you seen the guys they sign in those international periods now? A bunch of bottom of the barrel scrap because they barely bother to invest in international scouting now.

This team's just the worst kind of indifferent.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:19 PM 07-31-2019
Honestly aside from a blockbuster deal for Thor or something like that there was no need to do jack shit anyway because this team isn't going anywhere this season.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:28 PM 07-31-2019
Man the Cardinals are pathetic.

Brewers too.

I mean add Wheeler, Stroman, or someone decent and I as a Cubs fan would be nervous.

But you let the Cubs dink around and get guys like Kemp and Castellanos (who I love) and a couple arms, and you make Theo look smarter than he is.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:06 PM 07-31-2019
I know Cards fans who seem to think the Cardinals will be in and attempt to win the Gerrit Cole sweepstakes.

For real.
[Reply]
O.city 04:10 PM 07-31-2019
So they supposedly engaged about Wheeler but wouldn't part with......O'neil or Bader.

Woof.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 04:39 PM 07-31-2019
Amir Garrett is kinda ****ing nuts, even on a good day.

There's a lot of Julian Taverez in that boy.

Here's a pretty funny breakdown of the entire sequence:

Archer. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Frazod 06:19 PM 07-31-2019
Cubs got Castellanos from the Tigers. Quality hitter they probably got on the cheap.

But hey, the Cardinals dumped some salary and have Michael Wacha scheduled to make a start so we have that going for us...
The Cubs are at least trying. Sadly, they'll end up winning the division. They won't do shit other than that, but our purgatory of staring up at them in the standings will continue. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:20 PM 07-31-2019
Ouch :-)

#STLCards recent Trade Deadline additions:

2016: Zach Duke ... missed playoffs
2017: Tyler O'Neill ... missed playoffs
2018: Chasen Shreve, Giovanny Gallegos, Justin Williams, Conner Capel, Genesis Cabrera ... missed playoffs
2019: Zac Rosscup, an injured Tony Cingrani ... TBD

— Jenifer Langosch (@LangoschMLB) July 31, 2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 06:25 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So they supposedly engaged about Wheeler but wouldn't part with......O'neil or Bader.

Woof.
:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:34 PM 07-31-2019
Wheeler for Bader straight up and you said no?

The #STLCards did engage on Zack Wheeler, but the Mets’ ask was Tyler O’Neill or Harrison Bader and the Cards felt it wasn’t worth it for 10-11 Wheeler starts. Marcell Ozuna could walk next year.

— Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) July 31, 2019

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:07 PM 07-31-2019
Wheeler is dealing with shoulder fatigue. Even though Bader is only ever going to be a defensive replacement, a few years of that is worth more than 10 starts from a diminished Wheeler.

The Gyorko deal is laughably stupid. I have no idea what the point of acquiring Cingrani was. If the Dodgers need help with tax issues, why aren't they giving you bonus money? I legitimately wonder if Mo thought he was healthy.
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:17 PM 07-31-2019
1 for their last 32 with RISP. How is that possible.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:18 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Wheeler is dealing with shoulder fatigue. Even though Bader is only ever going to be a defensive replacement, a few years of that is worth more than 10 starts from a diminished Wheeler.

The Gyorko deal is laughably stupid. I have no idea what the point of acquiring Cingrani was. If the Dodgers need help with tax issues, why aren't they giving you bonus money? I legitimately wonder if Mo thought he was healthy.
no one here thinks Wheeler is a plan B Thor. But, the comment from Mo was we may need Bader as a starter when Ozuna leaves. Bader can’t hit anything but a fastball. He should never be a starter until he learns to hit breaking balls.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 211
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Up