ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>XFL to make a comeback
In58men 02:18 PM 12-16-2017
HE HATE ME!!!!!!!!

https://deadspin.com/vince-mcmahon-m...xfl-1821354064

Looks like a landing spot for Kap and Manzy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:48 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Look at the minor leagues... they're in nothing, nowhere towns and it does a good job.
That's a poor example, as minor league baseball teams have been around for more than a century.

Also, they don't rely on TV revenues, high priced tickets and concessions in order to turn a profit.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:20 PM 01-26-2018
The more I read about this venture, the dumber it becomes.

It's "Single Entity" league, which means that McMahon's Alpha Entertainment owns and operates everything, from trainers to coaches to support staff to player. The league will assign 40 players to each team and can decide which players are in a game and which players are on the bench.

So let's say that Team A is up by 21 points to start the 4th Quarter over Team B. McMahon can bench Team A's starting QB or RB or WR, et al, in the hopes of a competitive ending to the game.

Also, since there's no CBA and no union, the players have a mandate to follow McMahon's orders or be fired.

In a nutshell, it's the WWE of football.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 02:40 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The more I read about this venture, the dumber it becomes.

It's "Single Entity" league, which means that McMahon's Alpha Entertainment owns and operates everything, from trainers to coaches to support staff to player. The league will assign 40 players to each team and can decide which players are in a game and which players are on the bench.

So let's say that Team A is up by 21 points to start the 4th Quarter over Team B. McMahon can bench Team A's starting QB or RB or WR, et al, in the hopes of a competitive ending to the game.

Also, since there's no CBA and no union, the players have a mandate to follow McMahon's orders or be fired.

In a nutshell, it's the WWE of football.
:-)
Dane with the hot take.
And maybe Vince will call down to the bench and tell the coach to put the long snapper in at QB and the mascot in at running back:-)

Yes, this will be a failure, but you're trying too hard to come up with reasons why.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:45 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Dane with the hot take.
And maybe Vince will call down to the bench and tell the coach to put the long snapper in at QB and the mascot in at running back:-)

Yes, this will be a failure, but you're trying too hard to come up with reasons why.
Due to the fact that the league is a Single Entity and teams won't be in competition with each other from an ownership standpoint, McMahon can easily dictate the outcome with zero issues, just like the WWE.

Now, I'm not saying that he will dictate what happens in each game but as the sole owner of the entire league, that option is available to him at any point.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:18 PM 01-26-2018
Due to the fact that the league is a Single Entity and teams won't be in competition with each other from an ownership standpoint, McMahon can easily dictate the outcome with zero issues, just like the WWE.

Now, I'm not saying that he will dictate what happens in each game but as the sole owner of the entire league, that option is available to him at any point.
Thinking of the most outlandish situations that could, technically, maybe, occur is a dumb way to go about criticizing this.

Benching the starting lineup while they are winning in order to give the other team a chance to catch up--sure, I guess that's on the list of issues...somewhere, kind of far down at the bottom.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:39 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Thinking of the most outlandish situations that could, technically, maybe, occur is a dumb way to go about criticizing this.

Benching the starting lineup while they are winning in order to give the other team a chance to catch up--sure, I guess that's on the list of issues...somewhere, kind of far down at the bottom.
You're taking this WAY too seriously and furthermore, it was also mentioned in an SI article posted an hour ago so clearly, I'm not the only person who's aware of certain consequences of running a league as a Single Entity.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:26 AM 01-27-2018
Worst decision sinc Will & Grace was brought back.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:04 AM 01-27-2018
It won't catch the American public without a gambling component. So I'll get it started. I'll take the under on 2.5 "new" XFL seasons.
[Reply]
GoChargers 09:06 AM 01-27-2018
The MLS is also a single-entity league, FWIW.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:12 AM 01-27-2018

Well we will know if he is putting the thumb on the scale, Vegas wont take XFL bets.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:12 AM 01-27-2018
It depends on if single entity is a long term thing or a short term thing. The MLS started that way. Would keep costs down significantly which is important early on. And might be an interesting way to battle the NFL. McMahon would actually have ability to try interesting things, whereas Goodell is a mouthpiece for pain in the ass owners. This can go one of two ways. It could lead to WWE style fixed games and gimmicks, which will tank. Or it could be run like a standard league without owners getting in the way. Might actually work considering how greedy owners are ruining football.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:15 AM 01-27-2018
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
Worst decision sinc Will & Grace was brought back.
Huh? It's capitalism, not art. People want to make a pile of money. I hated the show back them and now but, its a big hit and everyone is making money. Gamble paid off.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:21 AM 01-27-2018
Originally Posted by GoChargers:
The MLS is also a single-entity league, FWIW.
The MLS model is interesting if McMahon is willing to lose money early on. Build around community, not the league. That would play well in areas like Portland and Middle America. It won't compete with the nfl. But the size of the MLS is nothing to sneeze at. Even more interesting because the USL has had lots of success as a competitor to the mls.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 09:27 AM 01-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Huh? It's capitalism, not art. People want to make a pile of money. I hated the show back them and now but, its a big hit and everyone is making money. Gamble paid off.
Adjust sarcasm meter. Perhaps with antifreeze and gauze pads with Quaker State.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:29 AM 01-27-2018
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
Adjust sarcasm meter. Perhaps with antifreeze and gauze pads with Quaker State.
Maybe work on making your posts better quality?:-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up