ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>XFL to make a comeback
In58men 02:18 PM 12-16-2017
HE HATE ME!!!!!!!!

https://deadspin.com/vince-mcmahon-m...xfl-1821354064

Looks like a landing spot for Kap and Manzy.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:05 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This was gonna be a titanic failure with or without the political stance/non-stance/whatever Vince has in mind

Let him burn his money

I wont bother watching it, and I'd bet most others wont either... bring back NFL Europe, then I'd give a damn

I watched that religiously.
The Scottish Claymores were my team.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:12 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Yeah, bring back the leather helmets and put barbs on their knee pads. We want blood!:-)

YES!!!!!

Rollerball!
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:12 PM 01-25-2018
There needs to be something unique about. Like arena.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:27 PM 01-25-2018
The biggest problem I had with XFL was not the antics and gimmicks. It was that I couldn’t watch the local team’s games. It was like sitting down to watch the Chiefs in Kansas City and getting the 49er vs Eagles game.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:42 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
^snowflake is easily triggered. Sorry about your condition. Try some testosterone supplements or something.
Actually retarded is not spelled t-r-i-g-g-e-r
[Reply]
splatbass 01:51 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
TV ratings are down in both the NFL and college football, so clearly people are craving more football.
The AFC Championship game was the highest rated TV show since last year's Super Bowl. Not the highest rated sports show, the highest rated TV show in the US for the entire year. I think they'll survive.

That whole thing is completely overblown. That said, I don't think the XFL will be successful unless they go to a spring league that doesn't directly compete with the NFL. The USFL was successful in the spring, but failed when they tried to compete directly. Also, I think it would need to be good football, not just crazy gimmicks like the last time.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:41 AM 01-26-2018
It's a long way from knowing what it will actually be. Hopefully he has something more to bring to the table than what's been pitched. But the NFL could use a big kick in the dick so I hope it succeeds. The NFL has lost all of its imagination.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:22 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
There needs to be something unique about. Like arena.
Agreed. But at the same time, the NFL has become so unimaginative that it wouldn't be hard to find ways to be different. Minor league games get crowds because they build the entire experience around the fan. Sell sex and personality, make the TV experience interactive, let players and coaches have fun, let stadiums have fun by actually focusing on entertainment. If you do that off season in 2nd tier markets, they could pull in decent crowds. They'll never compete with the NFL but they could build a niche if they don't get greedy about doing too much too soon.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:48 AM 01-26-2018
Marcus Williams is XFL material
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:59 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Now we know what Trump meant when he said make America great again
The NFL is the swamp? TRUMP working behind the scenes with Vince? TRUMP still bitter about the USFL vs. NFL lawsuit and winning $3.76 instead of $1.2 Billion?
[Reply]
Unsmooth-Moment 05:35 AM 01-26-2018
2 things.

Is there some type of rule prohibiting him from chasing after 18-20 year old athletes? If the NFL cannot get these guys until 3 years removed from high school, that’s the first place I’m starting.
Come play in my league, make some money instead of going to class, and then you decide what you want to do after 3 years. I know he said he wanted to stay away from being a minor league, but the talent at the top college level is a lot better than guys who aren’t sticking in the NFL. I think this is the most important part of the league. Getting some top end talent, even if it’s raw.

Secondly, you don’t need NBC, Fox. Go partner with Netflix or Amazon (those guys will be getting more involved in live television moving forward. I think it could work, but it needs to be done right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:17 AM 01-26-2018
I honestly think you could make a second league work in a number of different ways. History, however, has suggested otherwise. We'll see if Vince can put it together.
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:18 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Play with no helmets, and there's no such thing as a personal foul.

So you plan for the league to fail due to the lawsuits that would inevitably result? Seems like poor strategy. Remind me never to start a brand new business with you as a partner. :-)
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 08:29 AM 01-26-2018
I think Vince can make it work this time. It'll never reach the level of the NFL, but I think it can be a sustainable brand depending on the structure of the league.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:46 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment:
2 things.

Is there some type of rule prohibiting him from chasing after 18-20 year old athletes? If the NFL cannot get these guys until 3 years removed from high school, that’s the first place I’m starting.
Come play in my league, make some money instead of going to class, and then you decide what you want to do after 3 years. I know he said he wanted to stay away from being a minor league, but the talent at the top college level is a lot better than guys who aren’t sticking in the NFL. I think this is the most important part of the league. Getting some top end talent, even if it’s raw.
Why in the world would an 18-20 talented kid that's playing at a Power 5 school while receiving a great education leave their eligibility and degree on the table for maybe $50k?

Plus, who's putting an 18 year old kid up against a 28 year old NFL or CFL veteran and expecting him to "win" ANY type of battle?

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment:
Secondly, you don’t need NBC, Fox. Go partner with Netflix or Amazon (those guys will be getting more involved in live television moving forward. I think it could work, but it needs to be done right.
What is the incentive for Netflix or Amazon to partner up with a league that's only taking Choirboys for a 2 hour football game?

This league is going to be far, far below the standards of the CFL and the FBS, let alone, the NFL.

It's going to be a massive trainwreck.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up