ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 288
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
Kiimo 09:33 AM 11-05-2018
Room to grow and mistakes to eliminate are exciting. When you realize his ceiling is so much higher than...anyone? In history?
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:46 AM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Deon keeps bringing up his INT and forget the 29 touchdowns that lead the league
Deion is a dumbass. The dude still LOVES himself some Alex Smith.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:07 AM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It was a terrible play. Hope he learns from it. Would be a huge deal to make that same mistake in a close playoff game.

Of course the other bad thing in that situation was Reid’s playcalling. Threw the ball on 2nd down and the receiver dropped it. This saved Cleveland 40 seconds. Throwing on 3rd down led to the sack. Run the ball on 2nd and 3rd down to kill 80 seconds of clock and stay in good FG range to give yourself a 3 possession lead.
I just don't think he'll ever 'learn' from that. He's a playmaker; it's his instinct. And he's gonna try to make a play there. It's just a hard switch to flip off and I'm not sure we'd really want him to.

What irritates me was the playcall because it put him to his left. You could see him getting ready to try to throw it away but he had to expose himself to a shot to do it so he thought better of it and tried to reverse field to give himself a way to get rid of that ball on the move.

Putting him to his left made that play 100 times more difficult not just to execute but also to salvage. It also left him open to taking a hit if he DID try to just unload.

It was just a really maddening playcall, IMO.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:21 AM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I just don't think he'll ever 'learn' from that. He's a playmaker; it's his instinct. And he's gonna try to make a play there. It's just a hard switch to flip off and I'm not sure we'd really want him to.

What irritates me was the playcall because it put him to his left. You could see him getting ready to try to throw it away but he had to expose himself to a shot to do it so he thought better of it and tried to reverse field to give himself a way to get rid of that ball on the move.

Putting him to his left made that play 100 times more difficult not just to execute but also to salvage. It also left him open to taking a hit if he DID try to just unload.

Bad playcalling for sure. Smarter call would be two quick hitter run plays on 2nd/3rd down to run 80 seconds off the clock and maintain field position for a makeable FG attempt to grab a 3 possession lead with under 7 minutes on the clock.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:23 AM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It didn’t mean anything for any game. It was hardly even a “mistake”.
It's only meaning was on the stat sheet. It hurts his quarterback rating, the most over-rated statistic in the NFL.

Dan Fouts threw 5-8 picks like that every season. They show up on the stat sheet, but they have NO impact on wins and losses.

An INT in that situation has as much impact as a completion short of the endzone or an incompletion. Anything but a touchdown is a 'failure', but it's not like it's giving away a possession. It ends the half.

All interceptions are not created equal. I like a guy who eschews statistics on behalf of trying to score points and win games. I hate watching QB's try to game the QB rating formula.
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:26 AM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Reminds me of a touchdown Tony G caught. Went up above the defender, caught the pass where only he could and landed flat on his back with his legs in the air. For the life of me I can't find the goddamn video of it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:28 AM 11-05-2018

I love seeing Hill in that gif in the flat. He knows damn well that he's not going to get the ball with Pat at QB.
[Reply]
O.city 10:28 AM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

It was a "get 7 yards closer for a FG" playcall. I don't mind it, but it cuts down half the field.

He's gotta throw it quick and if it's not there just sail it over everyone and let Butker kick it. However, like you said, he's a playmaker. I just don't think that's in his DNA, but he's gonna have to do it because in January in Foxboro (lets face it, were gonna have to end up going there) that could be the difference in a 42 yarder and a 53 yarder.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:32 AM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Deion is a dumbass. The dude still LOVES himself some Alex Smith.
He whinges hard every time Shannon Sharpe calls him 'Checkdown Alex"
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:38 AM 11-05-2018
Since we're nit-picking Mahomie - one thing I didn't like was on a 3rd down late in the red zone when it was obviously a jail-break blitz - and Mahomes immediately bailed out of the pocket. Rolling out isn't going to do much good with 3 guys hot on your tail. You've gotta have a hot read in that spot, even if it's just a fade or something.

But I'm not worried because I'm sure he'll learn from it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:40 AM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
Harris had room to run...a lot of room. I can't wait till that position is upgraded.
Yes, it's annoying how we seem to drop at least one Mahomes highlight reel pass every week. That sidearm around-the-defender's body thing was magic.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:50 AM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yes, it's annoying how we seem to drop at least one Mahomes highlight reel pass every week. That sidearm around-the-defender's body thing was magic.
You know, at some point we're just going to become accustomed to it.

This is the fun part... where he just amazes you every single week.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:04 PM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
one of his best throws of the game was dropped by Demetrius Harris in 3rd Q with 10:58 to play
GOD LEVEL

GOD. LEVEL.

[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:10 PM 11-05-2018
GOD LEVEL

GOD. LEVEL.

I think he scores if he catches that. What adjustment by PM3!!!!!!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:13 PM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I think he scores if he catches that. What adjustment by PM3!!!!!!
We scored two plays later. :-)

Demetrius Harris can see the future and knew he had to drop that pass so we could get two more amazing plays out of PM2 on that drive.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 288
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Up