ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 599 of 2684
« First < 99499549589595596597598599 60060160260360964969910991599 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:55 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Schwartz just being pc.

Say you are out in public with your lady and you spot a chick that is just drop dead gorgeous. A good 10/10. Probably not a good idea to be like "holy shit that girl is WAY hotter than you babe, peace out!"

You kinda just keep those thoughts internal, and remain a decent human being.
I know he can't really come out and say that Patrick is the better choice moving forward... but he makes it sound as if the players may not like the idea of making the change. That the players would be shook by no longer having Smith under center..

I just can't see it that way, and I don't really think it's necessary for him to go that far.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:24 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Link please?

http://pc-cdn.espnradio.com/audio/30...eca9dfa8668f36
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:26 PM 01-11-2018
Who the fuck cares what Schwartz thinks, in all honesty? His job is to protect the QBs right side, and he does a damn fine job of it. Lets just leave it at that.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:29 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I read somewhere in the production meetings that Andy was joking with him & told him he'd better hire a great DC.

[Reply]
DRM08 06:35 PM 01-11-2018
That’s awesome. Pat is in good hands with Andy’s staff.
[Reply]
ILChief 07:18 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I know he can't really come out and say that Patrick is the better choice moving forward... but he makes it sound as if the players may not like the idea of making the change. That the players would be shook by no longer having Smith under center..

I just can't see it that way, and I don't really think it's necessary for him to go that far.
Then they are losers.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:53 PM 01-11-2018
Anyone who listens to that and thinks Mahomes isn't starting next year is positively lying to themselves
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:02 PM 01-11-2018
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
JENKINSWINS 08:09 PM 01-11-2018
Anyone who listens to that and thinks Mahomes isn't starting next year is positively lying to themselves
It was already obvious after the playoff loss. He has to start. The only thing that had a chance of preventing that was a Super Bowl victory by his TEAM.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:17 PM 01-11-2018
Given the history between Reid and Gruden along with the similarity in talent between Carr and Mahomes, it will be interesting to see which one wins the race in developing these QB's. I'm betting on Andy and Pat.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:20 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Given the history between Reid and Gruden along with the similarity in talent between Carr and Mahomes, it will be interesting to see which one wins the race in developing these QB's. I'm betting on Andy and Pat.
I don't think it's biased to say that Patrick is the superior talent. Maybe by a long shot. More important than that though, he appears much less intimidated by pressure than Carr, who will throw it in the dirt before taking a big hit that he sees coming.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:24 PM 01-11-2018
I don't think it's biased to say that Patrick is the superior talent. Maybe by a long shot. More important than that though, he appears much less intimidated by pressure than Carr, who will throw it in the dirt before taking a big hit that he sees coming.
If another AFCW team had Mahomes, it would be a genuine crusher

'Welp **** it, cant compete at QB... so every top 3 pick of every draft needs to go on defense and hope for the best'
[Reply]
DRM08 08:25 PM 01-11-2018
I think Gruden might be throwing Carr into the deep end of the pool a little too soon. He said he wants him to take on more responsibility and become a "CEO quarterback like Brady and Brees" with total control of the offense. I don't think Carr has the intelligence or accuracy to have that kind of control.

Mahomes always keeps his eyes downfield. He views the pass rush as an excuse to do his favorite thing in the world: improvise. The best strategy against him is to get the DE's to contain him in the pocket. University of Kansas DC did this to him in 2015 and 2016. Pat struggled a lot with it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:30 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I think Gruden might be throwing Carr into the deep end of the pool a little too soon. He said he wants him to take on more responsibility and become a "CEO quarterback like Brady and Brees" with total control of the offense. I don't think Carr has the intelligence or accuracy to have that kind of control.

Mahomes always keeps his eyes downfield. He views the pass rush as an excuse to do his favorite thing in the world: improvise. The best strategy against him is to get the DE's to contain him in the pocket. University of Kansas DC did this to him in 2015 and 2016. Pat struggled a lot with it.
This is how defenses try to play against Aaron Rodgers, but he has learned how to kill them from inside and outside the pocket. Patrick mentioned wanting to get to that level in that GMFB interview, even mentioning that he wants to be a guy who defenses just kinda hope they catch on an off day.. thought that was cool/funny.

If he can master working inside the pocket, he will be deadly. He showed strides from even the preseason I thought during W17 in that regard. Better footwork, smoother lower half mechanics. His upper half mechanics have always been spectacular.

You might be right on the Carr thing too. Gruden is very, very demanding of the position. You can tell when they show the old videos of him coaching Chris Simms. I think Jon expects his QB to be able to think and understand on the same level as him, and that's asking an awful lot. Not sure he's been very good at managing the QB's progress, and it sounds like he won't slow down for Carr either.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:46 AM 01-12-2018
The Mahssiah!

[Reply]
Page 599 of 2684
« First < 99499549589595596597598599 60060160260360964969910991599 > Last »
Up