ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 2680
« First < 3434950515253 54555657631031535531053 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:51 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If we could get a first for Smith in 2018..... well that would just be spectacular.
Are you picturing an entire franchise coming down with a concussion?

Wow, the epidemic is stronger than we all feared.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:51 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
And there's also the reality that his hands are barely larger than Kaeps and equal to Bridgewater's. How he does throwing an NFL football in cold/wet conditions is a complete question...

Rodgers on the other hand has almost a full inch on him at 10 1/8
How do they compare to Alex Smith's?
[Reply]
DRM08 01:52 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
I thought so, too. The weight # has to be a misprint.
Height too. Ben was listed 6-5 at the Combine and the scouting report says 6-3. Maybe it was from when he was a college freshman? Haha.

EDIT: Never mind, the scouting report did say 6-5. Wonder where they got the 210 number.
[Reply]
MTG#10 01:52 PM 04-29-2017
Whats all this "sit and learn for 2 years" bullshit? If he cant be ready after one entire 16 game season, including all the practices, possibly playoffs and two preseasons then the kid doesn't deserve to be an NFL QB. Sit and learn for 2017, should be good to go for 2018.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 01:54 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
How do they compare to Alex Smith's?
Once again, you prodding the situation.

You starting shit

You being a dickj

Obsessed much?

Are you going to send yourself to the Romper Room?
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:00 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Once again, you prodding the situation.

You starting shit

You being a dickj

Obsessed much?

Are you going to send yourself to the Romper Room?
Really? I'm asking how they compare to the starter on this team. He's acting like it's a negative. I think they upgraded. It's relevant imo. I haven't said shit about Alex Smith in quite some time you fucking idiot
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:02 PM 04-29-2017
What's with all the manufacturing issues?
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:05 PM 04-29-2017
We got Smith for two seconds, how do you fetch a first for an aging QB? That would be the most magical thing Dorsey will have achieved
Probably not a 1st, but could easily get a 2nd.

Franchises need to "stabilize the QB position." That's what I was told, anyway.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:14 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What's with all the manufacturing issues?
I didn't bring it up
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:26 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Alex Smith regressed last year. The offense was the worst we've seen in the Reid era. He's already starting to slow down.

He'll be his usual self in 2017, but we're certainly not going to see a dramatic improvement from last year unless he starts using his legs as a weapon again.

He's not going to do anything to make Dorsey say, "Now hold on... maybe we should keep him around another year..." If Mahomes is ready in one year, he's in, and Alex is getting his ass traded to offset the cost of trading up for our new QB.
Not trying to :-) but are you sure about what is in bold ? Let's be very clear here, Alex and the offense regressed all the way around last year because our o-line "did not progress" especially when our schedule was much tougher last year than year '15' when we ran the ball fairly well with West and Ware. Ware and West fell off IMHO because they are not elite backs and "need" either an easier schedule for our o-line or an elite o-line of which we do not have.

IF and this is a BIG IF our o-line really steps it up a few notches in both the pass and especially the run game, I can assure you because of the Mahomes pick Alex will be more trusting thus more aggressive in his play this year and probably more successful on a consistent basis especially IF we make it to the AFC championship game or SB. And if that's the case then Mahomes will sit 18 as well IMHO because how do you sit a QB that got you that far as well as Dorsey/Reid touting "see giving up 2-2nd rd picks was worth it" stroking their egos justifying bringing in AS. And didn't AS already say he would restructure his contract for the future ??

It really comes down to our o-ine stepping it up a few levels this year with even a tougher schedule than last year. Tall order for sure but who knows? But one thing for sure this is really the first year AS has ever had any competition that he will not face but "face indirectly" as a statement without being made that he can't get us to the promised land and this will be a chip on his shoulder for sure in 17 and why I think he gets more aggressive. But AS will only be as successful as the o-line allows him to be where Mahomes can compensate for that with his arm and athletic talent and this is the difference between AS and PMII. AS needs all cylinders hitting on offense were PMII does not IMHO.

Competition is always better even when you know you will be the starter all year especially in this situation(apart from injury of course) !!!:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:36 PM 04-29-2017
I didn't bring it up
Ditto
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:43 PM 04-29-2017
Nobody is going to trade for Smith unless he expresses high interest in that organization, especially with just 1 season left on his contract. With the rising cap, it's very easy for us to do what we did with DJ...restructure and move that salary burden onto a future year even if he won't be on the team.
:-)

Alex has no options you fucking clown. The world is NOT his oyster, and he'd be lucky as all fuck to land a starting job elsewhere in the league.

Originally Posted by Buns:
Sorry guys, you know Mahomes is a two year project at best. We should extend Alex AT THE LEAST to 2020, because he won't likely pan out. Besides, does PM2 even know the complexities of setting up your punter at your own 35? Sorry guys, it's just common sense, you should look it up. /TiggerUppercunt
Eat fuck pie.

Who is scheming for him to start immediately?
No one. But Baby Lee needs a made-up scapegoat to soothe the pains of his anus after Reid and Dorsey rented the Goodyear Blimp and hired Alicia Keys to sing "Alex we don't love you no mo'" for the entire world to see.

Originally Posted by MahiMike:
This is awesome. We've got new members coming in just because of Mahomes. Reminds me of the Montana years. A sudden influx of new fans.

Love it.
And even better, the RIGHT kind of new fans.

HUZZAH!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:51 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
No one. But Baby Lee needs a made-up scapegoat to soothe the pains of his anus after Reid and Dorsey rented the Goodyear Blimp and hired Alicia Keys to sing "Alex we don't love you no mo'" for the entire world to see.
I'm happy as fuck with the draft. What you miss is the enormous gulf of difference between your yammering for 'someone else' and the actual GM finding, targeting and acquiring his choice.

And yet you're still more focused on your sad sadistic imagined infliction of pain on other Chiefs fans instead of enjoyment of the entertainment the franchise exists to provide.
[Reply]
ILChief 03:09 PM 04-29-2017
Saw an interview where he was asked who he was looking forward to facing. He said Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers. He wants to best the best. Smith would have thought "Brian Hoyer and Trevor Simian"
[Reply]
Bowser 03:52 PM 04-29-2017
We just moved up 17 spots in the first round to take a QB for the first time in 34 years and Alex is cheaper to cut in 2018 than he is to keep him. Facts, not fiction.

Yet we're going to keep Mahomes on the bench for "at least" two seasons?

[Reply]
Page 53 of 2680
« First < 3434950515253 54555657631031535531053 > Last »
Up