ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2335 of 4805
« First < 1335183522352285232523312332233323342335 233623372338233923452385243528353335 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:25 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Denver should be doing everything they can to trade guys like Miller and Harris.

They need picks for the full blown rebuild.
Like two years ago...Marcus Mariota might be their starting QB next season or they ride Lock all the way to Trevor Lawrence.

There is going to be serious competition for QBs in the draft next year...

Saints
Patriots
Steelers
Chargers
Bucs
Titans
Bengals
Doinks
possibly Raiders
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:54 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Scangarello is they OC who is supposed to help the offense and the QBs, we'll see if it works out

What has Salmonella ever done? How is he some QB genius?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:12 PM 08-09-2019
we'll see if it works out
It's not going to work out.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 12:18 PM 08-09-2019
Lock is getting better, that's the good news. The bad news is Lynch actually looked decent and it's a shame the Broncos couldn't get more out of him. I blame that on the previous coaching staff, just horrible. I'm like Fangio, he's old school but he's smart enough to know that the key to the Broncos long time success is getting the most out of the younger players, especially guys like Chubb and Lock and Sutton and Jewell.

Fangio is a refreshing change from VJ who never seemed to have an answer for anything
looking better is relative...he could not have looked worse
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:36 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
gave me the shits real bad once. That's what I get for ordering the chicken tacos from the street vendor in Mexico. I blame the 6 Margaritas.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:21 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He’s their great white hope. His resume includes:
2009 asst qb coach for Faders. Jamarcus, Gradkowski, Frye (lol)

2015 Falcons, offensive quality control coach Matt Ryan threw for his second least amount of TD’s (21)and his second highest INT (16) and his second worst comp percentage (89%)

2017 49ers QB coach Jimmy Grapes 7td 5 int out of 6 games played
CJ Beathard 7 games played 4 td 6 int

2018 49ers QB coach Jimmy Grapes 3 games played 5 tds 3 int
CJ Beathard 6 games played 8 td 6 int

But tell them that and they come with this shit.

You are focusing too much on the parts he had no control over. He was at all of those places to apprentice in the Shanahan/WC style system. The one that actually resulted in Matt Ryan's MVP season, the one that Sean McVay runs with the Rams (McVay previously mentored with the Shanahans). Scags just had moved on to an opportunity to call plays for a college team. He's been mentoring with the Shanahan since he was the OC at Northern AZ. He was never going to call plays working under Kyle though, so here he is. Unproven, sure, but every OC is until they get an opportunity.

You are forgetting that he isn't the sole offensive coaching change as well.

You might be familiar with Mike Munchak. Former head coach and considered one of the top oline coaches in the NFL.

But maybe not Wade Harman. Coached Shannon Sharpe and Todd Heap during championship and pro-bowl seasons. Coached the TE during Baltimore's most rectnt Championship season and was the oline and then the TE coach during the Atlanta Superbowl Run.

You should probably remember Curtis Modkins our RB Coach, as he coached Larry Johnson and Jammal Charles for a season before getting the OC gig in Buffalo. So a former OC with mixed results, but has coached LJ, Charles, Fred Jackson, Tim Hightower, Reggie Bush, Jordan Howard, and Tarik Cohen.

So the offense may be coordinated by a fresh face, but offensive staff includes former OC's and HC's.

They’re drinking the Failway koolaid still.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:03 AM 08-11-2019
Broncos Theo Riddick suffers shoulder fracture
From PFT

Theo Riddick didn’t make it long in Denver without getting hurt.

Riddick, the running back signed by the Broncos this month, suffered a shoulder fracture in his first preseason game with the team, according to Mike Klis of 9 News.

The injury is expected to sideline Riddick the rest of the preseason and for the first few weeks of the regular season.

Riddick was released by the Lions in a surprise move early in training camp, and picked up by the Broncos. As one of the most productive receiving backs in the NFL in recent years, he was expected to play a big role in the passing game in Denver.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:07 AM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
From PFT

Riddick, the running back signed by the Broncos this month, suffered a shoulder fracture in his first preseason game with the team, according to Mike Klis of 9 News.

The injury is expected to sideline Riddick the rest of the preseason and for the first few weeks of the regular season.

Riddick was released by the Lions in a surprise move early in training camp, and picked up by the Broncos. As one of the most productive receiving backs in the NFL in recent years, he was expected to play a big role in the passing game in Denver.
Oh well, Janovich is hurt again too... they should just cut that dude, or change the name on his jersey to 'Fragile'.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:45 PM 08-11-2019
We really need to start keeping a running tally of the bad luck between the :-) and the faid.

Initially, I'm led to believe that Oakland is leading the race at this point but it's hard to tell. There's just so much gosh darn FAIL going on.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:09 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
We really need to start keeping a running tally of the bad luck between the :-) and the faid.

Initially, I'm led to believe that Oakland is leading the race at this point but it's hard to tell. There's just so much gosh darn FAIL going on.

It certainly has been an entertaining off-season for those 2 craptastic teams. Comedy gold
[Reply]
TEX 04:47 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:

I agree, but I believe Oakland is "better" than Denver. The Cheating Donx are terrible and will finish last in the West, and will lose 10 or more games for the 3rd straight season. :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:50 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
He’s their great white hope. His resume includes:
2009 asst qb coach for Faders. Jamarcus, Gradkowski, Frye (lol)

2015 Falcons, offensive quality control coach Matt Ryan threw for his second least amount of TD’s (21)and his second highest INT (16) and his second worst comp percentage (89%)

2017 49ers QB coach Jimmy Grapes 7td 5 int out of 6 games played
CJ Beathard 7 games played 4 td 6 int

2018 49ers QB coach Jimmy Grapes 3 games played 5 tds 3 int
CJ Beathard 6 games played 8 td 6 int

But tell them that and they come with this shit.

You are focusing too much on the parts he had no control over. He was at all of those places to apprentice in the Shanahan/WC style system. The one that actually resulted in Matt Ryan's MVP season, the one that Sean McVay runs with the Rams (McVay previously mentored with the Shanahans). Scags just had moved on to an opportunity to call plays for a college team. He's been mentoring with the Shanahan since he was the OC at Northern AZ. He was never going to call plays working under Kyle though, so here he is. Unproven, sure, but every OC is until they get an opportunity.

You are forgetting that he isn't the sole offensive coaching change as well.

You might be familiar with Mike Munchak. Former head coach and considered one of the top oline coaches in the NFL.

But maybe not Wade Harman. Coached Shannon Sharpe and Todd Heap during championship and pro-bowl seasons. Coached the TE during Baltimore's most rectnt Championship season and was the oline and then the TE coach during the Atlanta Superbowl Run.

You should probably remember Curtis Modkins our RB Coach, as he coached Larry Johnson and Jammal Charles for a season before getting the OC gig in Buffalo. So a former OC with mixed results, but has coached LJ, Charles, Fred Jackson, Tim Hightower, Reggie Bush, Jordan Howard, and Tarik Cohen.

So the offense may be coordinated by a fresh face, but offensive staff includes former OC's and HC's.

They’re drinking the Failway koolaid still.
Nobody ****ing cares. Until you have a transcendental QB, you're simply hoping for 9-7. donk fan = Chief Fan prior to Mahomes.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:44 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
From PFT

Yep, I think this was a bad move by Denver but I think they want Riddick because Fangio had to coach against Riddick when Fangio was the DC for Chicago and he knows that Riddick is hard to scheme against. That said, the Broncos already have a pass catching, 3rd down back so why pay Riddick all that money, and now he's hurt? :-)
[Reply]
TEX 09:00 AM 08-12-2019
Yep, I think this was a bad move by Denver but I think they want Riddick because Fangio had to coach against Riddick when Fangio was the DC for Chicago and he knows that Riddick is hard to scheme against. That said, the Broncos already have a pass catching, 3rd down back so why pay Riddick all that money, and now he's hurt? :-)
Because Donx... (get used to saying that)
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:18 PM 08-12-2019
I said it on draft day...and I'll say it again...

I dont understand Horseface's logic in drafting Lock other than it was decent value. He passed on him twice...either you believe in a guy or you don't.

In a division with a QB like Mahomes...half-assing your QB position is odd. Was he hedging on that if he busts, they dont lose much? That's a high draft picked that could have been used elsewhere...

His ceiling is probably an average NFL QB...but what do you do next year when there are better prospects available? They'll likely be picking top 10..maybe even 5. Do you pass on them because of a QB you kind of/sort of liked the draft before...and got a deal on?

I dont think Fangio wanted him at all...and Horseface forced the issue.
[Reply]
Page 2335 of 4805
« First < 1335183522352285232523312332233323342335 233623372338233923452385243528353335 > Last »
Up