ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 194 of 221
« First < 94144184190191192193194 195196197198204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Science is Cool....
Fish 09:43 PM 05-21-2012
This is a repository for all cool scientific discussion and fascination. Scientific facts, theories, and overall cool scientific stuff that you'd like to share with others. Stuff that makes you smile and wonder at the amazing shit going on around us, that most people don't notice.

Post pictures, vidoes, stories, or links. Ask questions. Share science.

Why should I care?:

[Reply]
Bowser 12:13 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
The size comparison blows my mind....

Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
Fish 09:15 AM 04-15-2019

[Reply]
Fish 02:49 PM 05-14-2019
NASA is going back to the moon!

NASA Moon 2024 Budget Amendment Available, Media Teleconference Today

NASA leaders, including Administrator Jim Bridenstine, will host a media teleconference today, Monday, May 13 to discuss how a new budget amendment for the fiscal year 2020 proposal will help NASA’s plan to land astronauts on the Moon by 2024.

The media teleconference at 7 p.m. EDT will discuss details of the budget amendment. To participate, media must contact Katherine Brown at katherine.m.brown@nasa.gov no later than 6:45 p.m. today.

Audio and visuals from the teleconference will stream live at:

https://www.nasa.gov/live

The agency budget amendment and supporting information are available online at:

https://www.nasa.gov/budget

Administrator Bridenstine also will host an employee town hall at 12:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 14 live from NASA Headquarters in Washington. The meeting will be carried on NASA Television and the agency’s website.

NASA is sending astronauts to the Moon and then on to Mars, in a measured, sustainable way. The direction from Space Policy Directive-1 builds on the hard work NASA is doing on its Space Launch System rocket and Orion spacecraft, agency efforts to enable commercial partners, its work with international partners at the International Space Station in low-Earth orbit, and what NASA learns from its current robotic missions at the Moon and Mars. Learn more at:

https://www.nasa.gov/moontomars
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 03:19 PM 05-14-2019

[Reply]
DaFace 04:02 PM 05-14-2019
NASA is going back to the moon!

NASA Moon 2024 Budget Amendment Available, Media Teleconference Today

NASA leaders, including Administrator Jim Bridenstine, will host a media teleconference today, Monday, May 13 to discuss how a new budget amendment for the fiscal year 2020 proposal will help NASA’s plan to land astronauts on the Moon by 2024.

The media teleconference at 7 p.m. EDT will discuss details of the budget amendment. To participate, media must contact Katherine Brown at katherine.m.brown@nasa.gov no later than 6:45 p.m. today.

Audio and visuals from the teleconference will stream live at:

https://www.nasa.gov/live

The agency budget amendment and supporting information are available online at:

https://www.nasa.gov/budget

Administrator Bridenstine also will host an employee town hall at 12:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 14 live from NASA Headquarters in Washington. The meeting will be carried on NASA Television and the agency’s website.

NASA is sending astronauts to the Moon and then on to Mars, in a measured, sustainable way. The direction from Space Policy Directive-1 builds on the hard work NASA is doing on its Space Launch System rocket and Orion spacecraft, agency efforts to enable commercial partners, its work with international partners at the International Space Station in low-Earth orbit, and what NASA learns from its current robotic missions at the Moon and Mars. Learn more at:

https://www.nasa.gov/moontomars
I really want to be excited, and it's absolutely a good thing in general. I really wish BO or SpaceX would just kill off SLS though. They've already blown through $15 billion on it, and it's hard to envision another $1.6 making a huge difference in getting there cost effectively.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:40 AM 05-15-2019
Hey you science guys, got a question.

I seen an article about the new 5G being dangerous to humans, due to electromagnetic radio frequency, or something like that. Do you guys know anything else about that? I’m at the doctor right now and don’t have a ton of time to start reading. So I figured I would ask since I saw this thread on the front page
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:43 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:

I seen an article about the new 5G being dangerous to humans, due to electromagnetic radio frequency, or something like that. Do you guys know anything else about that? I’m at the doctor right now and don’t have a ton of time to start reading. So I figured I would ask since I saw this thread on the front page
Really no different than lead
[Reply]
Fish 07:55 AM 05-15-2019

No, 5G hasn't been shown to be any kind of danger.

There was actually a push by a news company called RT in Russia to put out misinformation regarding 5G tech, which is likely the origin of whatever you heard.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/12/s...th-russia.html
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:08 AM 05-15-2019

The top end range of 5G is 86 Ghz

By comparison, ionizing radiation (x-rays, gamma rays) begins in the petahertz range, literally 1,000,000 times shorter wavelength.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:12 AM 05-15-2019
Thanks guys, I figured it was probably bullshit. I thought it was most likely bullshit, but was curious where the information was coming from. Seeing that it was likely coming from a Russian news company explains a lot about it. Thanks again guys, I will do some more reading about it
[Reply]
neech 08:25 AM 05-15-2019
I’m at the doctor right now and don’t have a ton of time to start reading. So I figured I would ask since I saw this thread on the front page
What are you at the doctors for?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:31 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by neech:
What are you at the doctors for?
He got a touch of the 'tism from his flu shot.
[Reply]
neech 08:58 AM 05-15-2019
I was going to say, a person can get free medical advise on here might as well save your coin on that. Unfortunately you can't get prescription drugs, however there are natural remedies abound.
[Reply]
tooge 09:02 AM 05-15-2019

If you say "I seen", then you have other problems to worry about than getting sick from a phone. I hate when people say that and "we was."
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:17 AM 05-15-2019
You sound like the old woman on Facebook that bitched at me for saying that instead of I have seen or I saw

Next time I write a post on Facebook or CP, I will make sure I get it pre approved from her and you. I didn’t know we were being graded on it, and how high of a problem that rates in life.
[Reply]
Page 194 of 221
« First < 94144184190191192193194 195196197198204 > Last »
Up