ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 32
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>(Welcome to the) NEW Chiefsplanet SERVER!!!!
AustinChief 06:36 PM 11-23-2010
OK, the time has finally come... we have a new server!

I will be spending tonight and all day tomorrow transitioning to the new digs... I don't expect it to affect us until late tomorrow afternoon.

I will make give everybody a warning then take us offline for (hopefully!) 3-4 hours...

When we are done, we will have a new home with 6 TIMES the power and RAM as before... I expect to see some MAJOR upgrades in performance... once we have settled into the new server, I will start to prep us for a major upgrade to our Vbulletin software... but that may wait until the post season...

I know it's been a long time coming, but bear with me for a little longer and it will all be worth it!
[Reply]
007 11:22 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Groves:
The CP - Tapatalk connection no worky since about late Wednesday. Just another data point.
I've been using Tapatalk all week and have had zero issues being on CP with it.
[Reply]
Munson 11:23 PM 08-15-2019
The CP - Tapatalk connection no worky since about late Wednesday. Just another data point.
It's been working fine for me.
[Reply]
Groves 11:25 PM 08-15-2019
Those are even better data points. Must be on my end. It’s on a perpetual login loop for me.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11:51 PM 08-15-2019
If desperation leads us to sacrificing virgins, might I suggest Mahomo be the first?
[Reply]
DaFace 06:45 AM 08-16-2019
Hmm...we upgraded the plug in late Thursday, but it's working fine for me. Are you on iOS or Android? And can others confirm they are having issues?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:49 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
The only one of any significance is CP and that is 8+ GB with 7 of that in one table (POST)
Oh well then yeah we have plenty of RAM.

It is running much faster so thank you.
[Reply]
-King- 06:55 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Have you guys looked into CTN hosting for an expanded TS index? The bandwidth is shit but if you’d have told me you could crank out 6.4 ghc’s at a 3-to-1 ratio I’d have called you a goddamned liar back in 2017.

That said, the R-W mainframe is really where we could get the p-rating up to a faster clip. I historically have steered clear of anything with a semi static Vector rating below 12 on the Tinson Scale, but the newest model has me rethinking that a bit.

Anyways, that’s my two cents.
If they increase the transistor modules and reverse the amps going to the mainframe couplet, you can probably get a lot faster speeds.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:01 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
If they increase the transistor modules and reverse the amps going to the mainframe couplet, you can probably get a lot faster speeds.
No doubt. Seems like these guys should have figured that out, but lucky for them they have us to weigh in on the situation.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:11 AM 08-16-2019
I will say my Tapatalk is doing some weird stuff this week after the app upgraded. The post count on threads is all wonky, so it looks like I'm at the end, but then if I force it to reload, there are more posts. I've also seen stuff showing up out of order. It's not related to anything on the CP end, but I wonder if it's related to Groves's issue.
[Reply]
Groves 08:30 AM 08-16-2019
My issue was local stupidity, I believe it to be solved now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
limested 11:41 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
lol
Want to expand upon what you find lol?
[Reply]
scho63 11:50 AM 08-16-2019
I think that fix to the Flux Capacitor really helped.

Also it probably helped a little that you turned the power switch off and on a few times....
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:03 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I’d pay that and not blink an eye, this place constitutes 100% of my social media consumption
I used to donate, pay, whatever. And then I said, "why the fuck am I paying money to get banned, banned from threads, and generally fucked with"?

So I ceased that idiocy post-haste.
[Reply]
scho63 08:47 AM 08-18-2019
Well that "suddenly faster CP site" shit didn't last long.......back to slow mode. :-)
[Reply]
unlurking 09:44 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
If we go NVMe, we have to switch out the entire server... but it may be worth it. We actually would drop to 1TB from 2TB but we only use 500GB so that shouldn't be an issue. Memory would stay the same at 128GB.

Doing some upgrades to the software and tweaking some settings now. If that doesn't significantly help then a server with NVMe drives will be next step to look into further.
No idea what server hardware you're running, but assuming you don't have M.2 slots? Considered PCIe NVMe adapters? If your case supports full-sized cards, something like this should work...

https://www.newegg.com/asus-model-hy...-043-_-Product

Four 500GB Samsung EVO 970 or WD Black for ~$100 ea (personal preference for Samsung due to OPAL/TCG SED and performance) and you're looking at less than $500 for 1TB usable at RAID 10. I have no knowledge of the reliability of those adapters, but they look promising for introducing NVMe to older hardware. Looks like there are some half-height models as well using the U.2 interface.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 32
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up