ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 32
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>(Welcome to the) NEW Chiefsplanet SERVER!!!!
AustinChief 06:36 PM 11-23-2010
OK, the time has finally come... we have a new server!

I will be spending tonight and all day tomorrow transitioning to the new digs... I don't expect it to affect us until late tomorrow afternoon.

I will make give everybody a warning then take us offline for (hopefully!) 3-4 hours...

When we are done, we will have a new home with 6 TIMES the power and RAM as before... I expect to see some MAJOR upgrades in performance... once we have settled into the new server, I will start to prep us for a major upgrade to our Vbulletin software... but that may wait until the post season...

I know it's been a long time coming, but bear with me for a little longer and it will all be worth it!
[Reply]
DaFace 10:34 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
I'm not a computer expert, but maybe we could cut off access to guests?

I just saw that we have 124 members online, with 770 guests.
Eh, we've tried it from time to time, but 1) it's not just a magic switch we press (it probably takes 5-10 minutes to turn it off and 5-10 minutes to turn it back on) and 2) it only helps marginally. We did it for games last year from time to time, and the server usually crapped out regardless of whether we had guest access on or not.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:37 AM 08-13-2019
Daface - we all appreciate you, FYI.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:16 PM 08-13-2019
I blame Texans and Patriots planets
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:21 PM 08-13-2019
Is it time for another fundraiser?

The last one was a smash hit and seemed to help a lot, because the traffic around here will only get worse as we continue to dominate the NFL...
[Reply]
limested 04:49 PM 08-13-2019
Move the site off to a kubernetes cluster and use mariadb gluster and could improve performance quite a bit.

Combine that with moving to modern software and the site can fly.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:56 PM 08-13-2019
This site is going to be damn near unreadable during game time, and that makes me a sad turtle.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:04 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by limested:
Move the site off to a kubernetes cluster and use mariadb gluster and could improve performance quite a bit.

Combine that with moving to modern software and the site can fly.
Sounds like a volunteer...
[Reply]
limested 05:11 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Or we can leave as it is. I don’t plan on coming here during games so it won’t impact me. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:13 PM 08-13-2019
So would another fundraiser help or not?

I have no idea how it all works, but are we somehow limited in what can be done at this point, sharing bandwidth with other boards etc?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:14 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
This site is going to be damn near unreadable during game time, and that makes me a sad turtle.
I've given up trying to use CP on game days. That's ok though, it's a free service and I know everyone is doing what they can to keep things running.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:17 PM 08-13-2019
I love this forum software: https://www.discourse.org/

You can paste images directly, it has no pages - just infinite scroll, posts are updated live w/o refreshing (amazing for gameday threads), it turns all links into previews, easier to quote.

After spending some time on a discourse forum - vbulletin sites feel really dated and clunky to me.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:18 PM 08-13-2019
why is he in the red?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:21 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
why is he in the red?
I see he called scho a fucking idiot at one point. Maybe that :-)
[Reply]
limested 05:23 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I see he called scho a ****ing idiot at one point. Maybe that :-)
It was a legit statement. :-)
[Reply]
-King- 06:06 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I've given up trying to use CP on game days. That's ok though, it's a free service and I know everyone is doing what they can to keep things running.
Yeah for the most part, I don't participate in game threads or really get on the site during the games anymore. Only after big/important plays do I try to see what people here are saying.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 32
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up