ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 213 of 213
« First < 113163203209210211212213
The Lounge>Personal finance and investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
I know lewdog (and maybe others) have mentioned the desire to have a place to chat about personal finance stuff. We'll see if there's enough interest to keep this going in the long-term, but at least for now, here's a place to chat about whatever personal finance topics come up.

If you're just getting started thinking about saving and don't know where to begin,
this flow chart can help. Ask for advice in the thread for more help!
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:51 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
FUUUUUUU

ten days ago I was looking up stocks to buy during a recession (looking to maybe move some of my FAANG money ) I found an article that said healthcare and groceries. People still buy / use those things. It listed Target and Walmart. I added those to my follow list but didnít buy. Was waiting to see...

TARGET WENT UP 20% TODAY ON EARNINGS BEAT. :-)
I was pleased to look at my Target holdings today, even though they're not large. Nonetheless, it helps to make up for the day last week when I was holding the three biggest losing stocks in the S&P 500. That was a first.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:12 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
FUUUUUUU

ten days ago I was looking up stocks to buy during a recession (looking to maybe move some of my FAANG money ) I found an article that said healthcare and groceries. People still buy / use those things. It listed Target and Walmart. I added those to my follow list but didnít buy. Was waiting to see...

TARGET WENT UP 20% TODAY ON EARNINGS BEAT. :-)
For every stock that rockets around earnings, there's a fool who believed some hype and lost just as bad on the other end. Paper trade around stocks posting earnings for a while and see if you really can nail the volatility of earnings reports (I bet you can't!).
[Reply]
Page 213 of 213
« First < 113163203209210211212213
Up