ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Gordon Wants a New Contract or Out of the Chargers
thabear04 08:18 AM 07-11-2019
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebigl...act-trade/amp/

Melvin Gordon, entering his fifth season in the NFL and thus still on his rookie deal, is dissatisfied with his contract with the Los Angeles Chargers and is taking those frustrations public:

Los Angeles running back Melvin Gordon has informed the Chargers that unless he receives a new contract, he will not report to training camp and he will demand a trade, his agent Fletcher Smith told ESPN.

Elite backs in the NFL persistently face this issue. The five-year deals for first round picks lock them in at below market wages, and then when they hit their mid to late twenties the teams say they are nearing the end of their useful lives. Last year, Gordon missed four games with an injured knee, but when he was playing he averaged over five yards per carry. Gordon is slated to make $5.6 million this season.

Off the top of my head, if they could make the compensation work the Packers would be a great fit for Gordon. He is from and played college football at Wisconsin, and is the threat to catch passes out of the backfield that Aaron Rodgers has been sorely lacking.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:21 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by limested:
Name a high paid RB that has had an impact in the super bowl the last five years.
It's a team game. No one can do it by themselves I don't care what position you play.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:44 AM 09-25-2019
Uh oh

Chargers’ RB Melvin Gordon’s holdout could soon be coming to an end, though no final decisions have made when to report, per league sources. He had planned to return at some point in October, but could soon be moving up his reporting date.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 25, 2019

[Reply]
BWillie 11:47 AM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Uh oh

You do that I think to keep your service time - for the NFL pension or something like that. If you sit out the whole year something is voided.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:50 AM 09-25-2019
Uh oh

"uh oh"? Uh oh?

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Scaga 11:51 AM 09-25-2019
Uh oh

Why does this come to mind?
Attached: spaulding.jpg (5.9 KB) 
[Reply]
RunKC 11:51 AM 09-25-2019
Chargers are an Adam Vinatieri fuck up from being 0-3.

I am not worried about them at all
[Reply]
staylor26 12:13 PM 09-25-2019
“Uh oh” :-)

They’re arguably better off without him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:14 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
“Uh oh” :-)

They’re arguably better off without him.
Exactly. If he comes back, he's going to want the ball. He's not a team guy and him being back probably makes them worse.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:55 PM 09-25-2019
Justin Jackson is averaging 7.9 ypc in limited action so far, and Austin Ekeler is at 4.2 with about double the carries (with a 5.1 career average ypc).

Yeah, bring back Melvin Gordon and his 4.0 average. The rest of the league welcomes him onto your team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:32 PM 09-25-2019
Former 1st rounder spends the first 3 years of his career being an overhyped, overpaid bust - finally has one decent season (where he had as many games below 50 yards rushing as he had over 100) and thinks he's gonna convince the Chargers to throw record money at him.

There are some real dumb people in Melvin Gordon's ear, man. Come back, don't come back - nobody cares. You're as fungible as fungible gets.
[Reply]
O.city 01:38 PM 09-25-2019
So we know we're gonna get the inevitable chargers win 3 or 4 games in a row or a late season winning streak from them where we'll have to hear all about them winning the division or whatever?

Then the same preseason shit next year, right?
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:41 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Former 1st rounder spends the first 3 years of his career being an overhyped, overpaid bust - finally has one decent season (where he had as many games below 50 yards rushing as he had over 100) and thinks he's gonna convince the Chargers to throw record money at him.

There are some real dumb people in Melvin Gordon's ear, man. Come back, don't come back - nobody cares. You're as fungible as fungible gets.
And you just know dude will get injured.

A RB with two bad knees....

Here's Melvin Gordon trying to break away from an NFL defense:

[Reply]
O.city 01:43 PM 09-25-2019
Looking at the Charger schedule, they scream 7-9. And that's being generous.

Could the Chiefs legit have the division locked up by week 14?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:53 PM 09-25-2019
Someone dropped him earlier in my fantasy league so I picked him up and stowed him away on IR. I got no problem using him as a bye week back.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Up