ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ben Niemann
FloridaMan88 11:12 AM 10-15-2020
More confirmation that Niemann’s play has been garbage...

#Chiefs LB Ben Niemann had another rough day on Sunday, getting a 31.8 Overall grade and being the Chiefs’ lowest-graded defender for the 3rd time this season

Niemann currently has a 28.8 Overall season grade, which would be the lowest for a Chief in the PFF era#ChiefsKingdom

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) October 15, 2020

[Reply]
thabear04 06:26 PM 09-20-2020
Bring back Frank Zombo jk.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:28 PM 09-20-2020
As an Iowa fan I have to admit we need an upgrade.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:33 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
As an Iowa fan I have to admit we need an upgrade.
He actually is overachieving. He was an undrafted free agent...

He makes decent plays on special teams, defends Ok in passing situation, and pass blitzed pretty well.

He's not a run stopper and has struggled tackling and has been embarrassed in these areas.

He's a special teams player and a good one. I'm sure he also is excellent in practice helping to prepare the team. However, as Gay comes along, he will get fewer and fewer snaps, but he is a very valuable backup with the current salary cap structure. JMO
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:51 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
He actually is overachieving. He was an undrafted free agent...

He makes decent plays on special teams, defends Ok in passing situation, and pass blitzed pretty well.

He's not a run stopper and has struggled tackling and has been embarrassed in these areas.

He's a special teams player and a good one. I'm sure he also is excellent in practice helping to prepare the team. However, as Gay comes along, he will get fewer and fewer snaps, but he is a very valuable backup with the current salary cap structure. JMO
This.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:02 PM 10-16-2020
You hope Spags can get Niemann to the respectable stage like he did for Sorenson and just use Niemann in packages that play to his strength but I haven't seen a real strength with this kid yet. He may know the packages and each player's responsibilities but you MUST execute and he for the most part does not.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:08 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
You hope Spags can get Niemann to the respectable stage like he did for Sorenson and just use Niemann in packages that play to his strength but I haven't seen a real strength with this kid yet. He may know the packages and each player's responsibilities but you MUST execute and he for the most part does not.
Actually, he does. He executes pretty well even. He's just not physically talented at all.

He's almost always in the right spot at the right time...and then he gets drug around like a dog toy.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:08 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Spags shouldn't have to work so hard trying to make these guys decent. Niemann and Sorenson shouldn't even be on the team. Andy Reid is keeping these guys around, he does it all over the roster. Instead of replacing them, he becomes buddies with them and they stick around forever.

At least 10 guys like this on the roster. Roster spots we should be using to develop guys with legit talent. It hurts the team.
[Reply]
scho63 03:41 AM 09-21-2020
This guy looks like he has giant metal boots and the field is magnetized. :-)
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:33 AM 09-21-2020

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Megatron96 07:04 PM 10-15-2020
Shit, maybe we can get Le'Veon to sub in for Niemann . . .

Just kidding, of course. I actually kind of like Niemann, but he's just not quite athletic enough to be efficient. If he were a stride faster and 10 lbs. heavier he'd be okay.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:14 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Shit, maybe we can get Le'Veon to sub in for Niemann . . .

Just kidding, of course. I actually kind of like Niemann, but he's just not quite athletic enough to be efficient. If he were a stride faster and 10 lbs. heavier he'd be okay.
He's a 2nd teamer. He never should have been a starter but it's okay. Gay is getting up to speed now. Things are going to continue to improve as the season goes on.
[Reply]
poolboy 07:20 PM 10-15-2020
dude cant run and cant tackle but I guess he lines up in the right spot
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:38 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's a 2nd teamer. He never should have been a starter but it's okay. Gay is getting up to speed now. Things are going to continue to improve as the season goes on.
Probably. If he were just a little faster and a little bigger he'd be decent. He's got the football IQ, and functionally he's a textbook guy, he just isn't a starter quality athlete.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:43 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He's got the football IQ, and functionally he's a textbook guy.
What are you basing this off of?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up