ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 41
« First < 273334353637 38394041 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:14 AM 04-19-2024
Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:54 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think next year's 2nd and our 3rd this year might get it done.
I'm going to assume it takes a fifth round sweetener.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:55 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
It'll take next years 1
I think you can probably get a little higher than 16 with that. But yeah, it well could.

Something like 32 and next years 1st for 16 and pick 118 in the 4th would be pretty damn close. And I wouldn't necessarily hate that - we can get another guy with that 118 that can likely contribute, I expect an OT who's slipped a bit and can get moved inside to G long-term would be a good target around there. Or that pick could be packaged with 64 to move up a bit.

Let's say we traded 32 and next year's 1st for 16 and 118 then we packaged 118 with 64 to get up to 51.

With that we came away with, I dunno, Thomas Jr and Kinglsey or maybe that gets you Fautanu and Worthy.

It's not the worst of ideas.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:56 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Jordan Morgan
That's what I'm sayin
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:59 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think you can probably get a little higher than 16 with that. But yeah, it well could.

Something like 32 and next years 1st for 16 and pick 118 in the 4th would be pretty damn close. And I wouldn't necessarily hate that - we can get another guy with that 118 that can likely contribute, I expect an OT who's slipped a bit and can get moved inside to G long-term would be a good target around there. Or that pick could be packaged with 64 to move up a bit.

Let's say we traded 32 and next year's 1st for 16 and 118 then we packaged 118 with 64 to get up to 51.

With that we came away with, I dunno, Thomas Jr and Kinglsey or maybe that gets you Fautanu and Worthy.

It's not the worst of ideas.
either of those scenarios is fucking gangbusters
[Reply]
SAGA45 02:00 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nah - these bases have been pretty well covered.

It's gonna be someone we've been talking about for a bit. Most surprising candidate that I could maybe see happening if he slipped would be Cooper DeJean who nobody's really discussed but mostly because he's a DB that's likely to go top 15-20. Seems unlikely we're trading up for a DB in this draft.

But man, Spags would LOVE that kid. He'd be a supercharged Mathieu in this defense. Or a really clean replacement for Sneed that could also slide to the slot/box in 3-safety looks.
I agree. Toub would love e him too - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=RtaFA8
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:03 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
either of those scenarios is fucking gangbusters
I'm being fairly aggressive with both of the 2nd round selections.

Let's say it's Walker/Legette or Paul/Fisher with that 2nd rounder instead. Both sets are pretty universally agreed to be 2nd tier guys, no? I think you could safely assume one/both of those players will be there around that pick in the early 50s.

Giving up that additional 1st rounder stings but IF you think the depth of this class is such that a guy like Walker or Paul is going to be someone that sneaks into the late 1st next year anyway, you go ahead and pull that trigger and figure the 'additional' 2nd rounder you gave up to get them is simply the cost of getting the player a year early.
[Reply]
nychief 02:05 PM 04-25-2024
Darius Robinson.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:05 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I agree. Toub would love e him too - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=RtaFA8
He's a damn fun player.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:07 PM 04-25-2024
Yeah as much as it pains me to say it DeJean would be a tremendous pick
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:10 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Wouldn't worry about it too much.

He's just too versatile to slide far. He'll be on everybody's draft board. Some defensive players just don't fit schemes so if they teams that like them like someone else a little better and then they end up in a pocket of teams that they lack the scheme versatility to fit, that's when they slide.

DeJean, OTOH, can play on every single defense in the league and play well. He'll be in the top 5 for defensive players on every draft board in the league, IMO. He's not gonna get past 20 (if that) and I don't think we'll trade up that high for him.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:12 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
If that dude falls to 32 because of how everything shakes out and we can’t trade up, Veach will have that pick in within 5 seconds. He has shown many times he will not reach for need, that’s what loser teams do. If a talent like DeJean is there that late, he’s taking him.
[Reply]
SAGA45 02:14 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
Darius Robinson.
I would love this pick!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:14 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
If that dude falls to 32 because of how everything shakes out and we can’t trade up, Veach will have that pick in within 5 seconds. He has shown many times he will not reach for need, that’s what loser teams do. If a talent like DeJean is there that late, he’s taking him.
The only thing, the ONLY thing, that might lead to that?

Oh c'mon, we all know what it is.

Say it with me now - White. Defensive. Back.

And really I don't think that'll matter. But if he does slide past even 24ish, that's 100% the reason why. Because there's nothing in his measurements or his film or anything else that says he should even make it to 20. He's a fantastic football player and premium athlete. Smart, fast, physical - there's really not a miss on his resume.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:20 PM 04-25-2024
Elite punt returner too.

I don’t see it. But he would improve return game over night and is a Swiss Army knife at DB
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 02:49 PM 04-25-2024
Go get the monster Mims at tackle and lock that position down for the next decade. Best to break in a rookie left tackle while we have the best left guard in the game next to him as well. Makes all the sense in the world.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 41
« First < 273334353637 38394041 >
Up