ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 163
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
boogblaster 11:11 AM 08-17-2010
only game in season now is red hott land tuna
[Reply]
Iowanian 01:43 PM 09-08-2010
Bow season is around the corner.

Trail cameras are out, some stands are up and I bit the bullet and got a new bow this year.
The model is a couple of years old, but I liked the way it shot and the price. Mathews DXT will be my rig of choice for the next few years.

i've been shooting every day and plan on doing so until I slay Buckzilla.

I'm trying something new this year, and putting garage sale price stickers on my bag targets and trying to aim for smaller spots than I typically use for practice. So far, it seems to be working.

This year, is going to be my year.
[Reply]
seclark 01:47 PM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Bow season is around the corner.

Trail cameras are out, some stands are up and I bit the bullet and got a new bow this year.
The model is a couple of years old, but I liked the way it shot and the price. Mathews DXT will be my rig of choice for the next few years.

i've been shooting every day and plan on doing so until I slay Buckzilla.

I'm trying something new this year, and putting garage sale price stickers on my bag targets and trying to aim for smaller spots than I typically use for practice. So far, it seems to be working.

This year, is going to be my year.
need to get my bow out and check it over. work up some arrows.
sec
[Reply]
Iowanian 01:58 PM 09-08-2010
Also, due to realizing that I'm not as nimble, limber as I used to be and assume I don't bounce off of the ground as well as I did when I was younger, I listened to reason and bought a harness vest too.

It didn't really sink in until last year when I was trying to climb into a couple of hard to reach stands, and an ass chewing from a friend who pointed out 4 people broken from fall from trees, and the new family addition....that I need to quit being an idiot and splurge on a harness. $100 is pretty cheap as to compared the cost of a broken neck I guess.

Consider doing the same if you're not, tree dwellers.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 02:02 PM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Also, due to realizing that I'm not as nimble, limber as I used to be and assume I don't bounce off of the ground as well as I did when I was younger, I listened to reason and bought a harness vest too.

It didn't really sink in until last year when I was trying to climb into a couple of hard to reach stands, and an ass chewing from a friend who pointed out 4 people broken from fall from trees, and the new family addition....that I need to quit being an idiot and splurge on a harness. $100 is pretty cheap as to compared the cost of a broken neck I guess.

Consider doing the same if you're not, tree dwellers.
A Chanute man is now a quad because he fell out of his tree stand last fall.
[Reply]
seclark 02:05 PM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
A Chanute man is now a quad because he fell out of his tree stand last fall.
i think of it kinda like a seat belt. took a little bit to get used to, and now i feel wrong not wearing it.
sec
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 02:07 PM 09-08-2010
My uncles brother fell out of a deer stand and had to crawl a mile through a foot of snow and a creek w/ a broken leg & ankle.
[Reply]
seclark 02:12 PM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
My uncles brother fell out of a deer stand and had to crawl a mile through a foot of snow and a creek w/ a broken leg & ankle.
i came to one time around 10am in the morning. don't even remember climbing up to the stand, but my rifle and thermos were still up there. felt like i was run over by a bus.
sec
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 02:14 PM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by seclark:
i came to one time around 10am in the morning. don't even remember climbing up to the stand, but my rifle and thermos were still up there. felt like i was run over by a bus.
sec
I jumped out of a tree last winter after a ferral cat and felt the same way. Gravity doesnt play.:-)

i have an old fred bear recurve. think thatll kill a deer or turkey?
[Reply]
jspchief 02:15 PM 09-08-2010
It seems like everyone has a story of someone they know that fell and hurt themselves.

You're standing in the same spot for hours. It's not like it's keeping you from anything. I still don't wear mine every time though. I have to make myself do it. Kinda silly.
[Reply]
seclark 02:18 PM 09-08-2010
I jumped out of a tree last winter after a ferral cat and felt the same way. Gravity doesnt play.:-)

i have an old fred bear recurve. think thatll kill a deer or turkey?
it's not the bow.
it's the shooter.
now go kill something!
sec
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 11:31 AM 09-10-2010
had a bear in the yard yesterday.
[Reply]
seclark 11:35 AM 09-10-2010
had a bear in the yard yesterday.
you aint still got that pig on a leash, do you?
big bear?
sec
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 11:44 AM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by seclark:
you aint still got that pig on a leash, do you?
big bear?
sec
big enough to send my woman into the house. lol. my jaw hurts from grinnin about it.
[Reply]
seclark 11:46 AM 09-10-2010
big enough to send my woman into the house. lol. my jaw hurts from grinnin about it.
really? was it going through trash cans, or what?
sec
*edit* forget it...i figured it out, finally
[Reply]
Page 60 of 163
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up