ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 945 of 3903
« First < 445845895935941942943944945 946947948949955995104514451945 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 01:19 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Or the numbers are rising because they are testing more.
Here is what I found.....

The #s of confirmed cases are vastly under reported here in Brasil. The Minister of Health of the State of Sao Paulo declared they will only report "Severe" cases and the rest won't be in the count. And that is in just one state, the most populated and the most cases.

I will give you an idea of how much of an impact it "could" have here. In Sao Paulo, one hospital had 348 cases just among is doctors, nurses and staff. That is since Feb 25, when literally nothing was being done to control the outbreak. Imagine how many people they came into contact with unknowingly.

I could go on about 2250 respatory deaths in another state in 1 month when the normal is 250 for a month. None were reported as Corona. (Feb-Mid March)

There is no way there are 4000-5000 cases in Brasil. The Govt lies.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:20 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
I would just like to add this ...

Considering those fingernails of hers ... even if Cardi B. offered to stroke my testicles, I'd hesitate to agree.

FAX
I can post a candid pic of Cardi from a Miami/South Beach mall a couple months ago.

She looked, uh, pretty rough.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:23 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Just being devil's advocate here, he's a 50% career shooter which is a product of him being a SG that couldn't shoot threes very well. He wasn't horrible at it, but Lebron James is a better shooter than he was. If you don't shoot that many threes, your FG% will always be higher.

Jordan was perfectly suited for THAT NBA. He would of course be one of the best or best players in the NBA now, but his style may not be as effective nowadays just because NBA analytics people have determined the most effective ways to score.
Lebron is also a career 50% shooter from the field, 73% from the charity stripe and 34% from 3, compared to Jordan's 83% on FT's and 33% from 3. So I don't know that a see a lot there to argue Lebron is a better shooter than Jordan. Bron barely better from 3, Jordan much better from FT line. If anything, I would think that suggests Jordan is the better shooter, but at worst they are nearly equals.

Except in championships, where Jordan is 6 for 6 and never choked in epic fashion like Lebron did against the Mavs.

But that's a different discussion and I'll quit derailing the thread.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:24 PM 03-31-2020
Also I'm going to say this so don't get butthurt. Marcellus is like the Undertaker of this thread, just no sell no sell.

While I think many reports are completely overblown that it's total doom it's kind of insane to be the other way too.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:25 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Makes me wonder what's up with those malaria drugs and the miracle turnarounds they supposedly deliver.
The people who are dying I would suppose are those who were not treated with the medication soon enough because we needed "Trials"
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:29 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Also I'm going to say this so don't get butthurt. Marcellus is like the Undertaker of this thread, just no sell no sell.

While I think many reports are completely overblown that it's total doom it's kind of insane to be the other way too.
Which reports are “overblown”?
[Reply]
Monticore 01:30 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
The people who are dying I would suppose are those who were not treated with the medication soon enough because we needed "Trials"
It is still being used in compassionate care situations I would assume , maybe it doesn’t always work.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:35 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It is still being used in compassionate care situations I would assume , maybe it doesn’t always work.
im sure it doesn't but if it works in even 50% of people its worth the masses using it.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:38 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
im sure it doesn't but if it works in even 50% of people its worth the masses using it.
We Just don’t know either way , but you made it sound that they were not trying it just because .
[Reply]
Mecca 01:42 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm saying there seems to be 2 sides of this story 1 side thinks its the worst thing ever and millions will die the other thinks it's going to be over in 5 minutes, the truth is in the middle of this.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:44 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
If that data is based on new cases it is useless. Our increase in new cases could be entirely a function of increased testing. Right now the only stat that I trust is deaths. I highly doubt there are many Covid deaths that are going unreported.

Does anyone have deaths broken out by nation and charted on a logarithmic scale?
This guy gets it...

Just stay inside and avoid all contact with people, then the virus can't get you..
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:44 PM 03-31-2020
On a different note, have any CPers reported having contracted COVID-19?
[Reply]
Donger 01:45 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think the Governor Newsom's estimate of California infections was just a tad off.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:46 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
This guy gets it...

Just stay inside and avoid all contact with people, then the China virus can't get you..
This is not the way.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:47 PM 03-31-2020
People in India are drinking cow piss cause they think it will protect them.
[Reply]
Page 945 of 3903
« First < 445845895935941942943944945 946947948949955995104514451945 > Last »
Up